Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    I'm thinking for 90% of what we do, Aran's is just simply better. Its aoe damage is insane.
    Yeah, but very erratic for short-lived adds, isn't it? In lower M+ for instance.

After doing quite a few m+ dungeons / normal mode EN, I've noticed that my 855 unstable horrorslime is actually keeping up with my 865 plaguehive even on single target fights. Both doing between 4-7% on average of my dmg each fight. Horrorslime is of course also very good for aoe now after the 7.1 buff. I'm liking it alot. Tried my 855 bough, but it still seemed a little lacking compared to those 2 trinkets.

I also have an 845 chrono, but I like having some random aoe "burst" from the horrorslime on shortlived packs.

I got 895 socket horrorslime, is that good enough to use even on single target over my 845 shockbaton and 855 spiked tongue?

I'm not sure about shockbaton or spikes tongue tbh. I mostly do m+ content, so aoe trinkets / plaguehive are right up my alley. All I can tell you is that my slime is doing roughly simliar to my plague in all situations, and better on aoe in most. It procs pretty damn often from my small amount of tests.

15+ Year Old Account
    ok I gotta a trinket question as well, this is what I have:

Swarming Plaguehive 850 + socket
    Oakheart's Gnarled Root 840 + socket
    Naraxas' Spiked Tongue 840
    Caged Horror 850

Shock Baton sadly 830......

Ideas? Naraxas + Plaguehive?
    I was looking for a valid alternative for the Naraxas, because especialy in Mythic I am not always on
    20 yard... so in that case the trinket should lose a bit of value. Suggestions?

To be honest i was interested in trying out the combo Swarming+Oakheart, should be good ST.
    Last edited by Powerlamer; 2016-10-31 at 10:31 AM.

1. I would like to have a question regarding the Twisting Wind trinket.
    I do not understand why it is not used by many people.
    I have a Twisting Wind - ilvl 880 - +1614 Intellect.
    My Intellect is about 34.5k atm, so as far as I understand, the stats on the trinket it self will be 1614/(1614+34500) = 4.4% of my damage.
    The trinket proc is quite bad, it only made up 1-1.5% of my damage. (I tried it on Nythendra Mythic, Ursoc Mythic).
    In the end, the trinket contributes 5.4% - 5.9% to the total damage, which is not bad.

2. Could you please give me some advices about which trinket I should use for single target and multi targets. At the moment, I have:

- Swarming Plaguehive - 880 + Speed
    - Twisting Wind - 880
    - Bough of Corruption - 870

- Oakheart's Gnarled Root - 845
    - Naraxas' Spiked Tongue - 860
    - Shock Baton - 835

Twisting Winds is likely not used because it isn't good...

There are plenty of significantly better +int trinkets

Quote Originally Posted by Dahti View Post
    Twisting Winds is likely not used because it isn't good...

There are plenty of significantly better +int trinkets
    Could you please elaborate a little bit about the reason why it is not good comparing to other trinkets in terms of total damage contribution ?
    AFAIK:
    - The trinket proc is not good. It is simmed high (6-7% of total damage) but in practice, it is only 1-1.5%.
    - It does not give any 2nd stats.
    However, I do not think we can evaluate this trinket based only on the trinket proc.

Btw, I think you must be very lucky to find a +int trinket that gives more than 1k6 int ~ 880-890 ilvl. The percentage that you can have a stat stick with 880+ ilvl is about 0.7% IIRC and you need to have right WQ as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by boz0 View Post
    Is Naraxas better than shock baton even if only 10 ilvl above?
    i've 835 baton with socket and 840 spiked tong, 840 spiked tong does more

Oakheart's Gnarled Root 880
    Swarming Plaguehive 865
    Naraxas' Spiked Tongue 850
    Unstable Horrorslime 870

Which two would you guys suggest I use? I was using Swarming Plaguehive and Unstable Horrorslime and I just got the Oakheart's Gnarled Root.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktroll View Post
    Oakheart's Gnarled Root 880
    Swarming Plaguehive 865
    Naraxas' Spiked Tongue 850
    Unstable Horrorslime 870

Which two would you guys suggest I use? I was using Swarming Plaguehive and Unstable Horrorslime and I just got the Oakheart's Gnarled Root.
    I would use the swarming and the oak.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

875 - Corrupted Starlight
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=137301&bonus=1826

865 - Bough of Corruption
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=139336&bonus=1807

855 - Shock Baton
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=140030&bonus=1826

865 - Plaguehive
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=139321&bonus=1807

845 - Haste/Intellect Stat Stick

For AoE phase fight like Helya... Go with Corrupted Starlight and Bough?

Quote Originally Posted by boz0 View Post
    Any idea as to how Aran's Relaxing Ruby would perform? I'm assuming it's meh for ST (read somewhere it had a RPPM of 0.92 procs/min, dunno if affected by haste), but could it be good in AoE situations?

Right now I'm running 850 Plaguehive + 850 Twisting Wind (with speed, yay me).
    Also got :
    - 860 Aran's Relaxing Ruby
    - 850 Wriggling Sinew
    - 840 Naraxas
    - 830 Shock-baton
    - 840 haste stat-stick

- - - Updated - - -

As far as I'm aware the Unstable Arcanocrystal is BiS right now, but I don't think the Kara trinkets have been simmed yet (at least not on AMR), it's quite possible the Construct Core would be very good in stacked AoE.
    I've been rocking the Aran's in m+ runs and it is doing well.

What do you think about a 880 Ethereal Urn with socket given that mastery is supposed to be our worst stat but that it have so much intel ?

I have 870 Naraxas trinket with socket and 870 plaguehive with socket as well and i'm not sure if i should replace one of these with the urn.

thanks for your help

Quote Originally Posted by Schrokinder View Post
    What do you think about a 880 Ethereal Urn with socket given that mastery is supposed to be our worst stat but that it have so much intel ?

I have 870 Naraxas trinket with socket and 870 plaguehive with socket as well and i'm not sure if i should replace one of these with the urn.

thanks for your help
    Use plaguehive if you need the haste for ED. Urn and naraxas should be the better choice though. I have 895 Urn and it beats everyone one of my trinkets