Deleted

GFX error/horizontal lines on screen

Hey fellas

I need any help/tips in regards an PC issue I have.

So, I was playing WoW and all of a sudden my screen froze, then it turned black. After that it was on again but I couldn't move anything, turned totally black again, and after that I got the blue screen. In addition to the blue screen, there were horizontal lines around the screen.

http://oi66.tinypic.com/2m3gz9z.jpg

After I started my computer, I couldn't access it normally. Only through safe mode. And the lines were still there. Same place. Sort of a green colorish and other colors as well..

Does that mean that my graphic card is dying/dead ? any chance to fix it as I am extremely low on cash.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by mmoc224cc5758f; 2016-10-24 at 12:14 AM.

Sounds like a GPU issue or a really bad driver conflict/out of date drivers. First thing is make sure the cables running from your GPU to monitor are plugged in correctly and if so and you have another cable handy try plugging it in instead of what you are running. I would also do is try to update your graphics drivers, if that doesn't fix it. I'd pull your GPU out and plug into onboard graphics and see if the problem remains. If it doesn't the only other thing I can think of off the top of my head to try is do a fresh install of windows to eliminate any possible driver conflicts.

Few other minor things you can do, double check that the GPU is seated properly and the power cables are connected correctly. Try a different display cable type/port on your GPU/Monitor to see if something weird happened. Try a different PCI-e slot. That's about all I've got for now.

Deleted
    What I have done so far:

1 - Took the graphics card and clean it
    2 - Reinstall windows, It allows me to go around the windows without having to login through safe-mode. Same lines.
    3 - I am trying to install stuff like the GFX driver and java but its not letting me.
    Thanks for the quick reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Zegaros View Post
    What I have done so far:

1 - Took the graphics card and clean it
    2 - Reinstall windows, It allows me to go around the windows without having to login through safe-mode. Same lines.
    3 - I am trying to install stuff like the GFX driver and java but its not letting me.
    Thanks for the quick reply.
    Java isn't really important, what do you mean it isn't letting you install graphics drivers? What error is it giving you? Also what GPU are you using? If it blue screens it should also provide an error code, can you write that code down next time it happens?

Deleted
    I am no longer getting the blue screen after reinstalling windows.

GPU is 560 GTX TI

I am no longer getting the blue screen after reinstalling windows.

GPU is 560 GTX TI
    Alright, but why isn't it letting you install graphics drivers? Are you still in safe mode?

Have you tried unplugging (from the wall) your monitor?

Deleted
    I have downloaded the GeForce Experience app. It is downloading some updates atm. Hopefully a driver is one of them.

- - - Updated - - -

After successfully installing a driver for my graphics card, the blue screen is back and I am no longer able to access my PC normally.

Here is the blue screen I am getting.

http://oi68.tinypic.com/11t7gpw.jpg

I am 80% certain that the issue is with the GPU. My only question is, can anything be done about it. Any way to fix it ?

Yeah it's more than likely your GPU failing, sadly I don't know of anything you can really do, sorry. Maybe someone else will have a better idea.

Deleted
    Q___Q

Halp. I think it would make more sense to replace the whole rig instead of just the GPU

Q___Q

Halp. I think it would make more sense to replace the whole rig instead of just the GPU
    Really depends on the rest of your system. If your CPU is a 2500k or newer, no real reason to upgrade it as long as it is functioning.

Hey fellas

I need any help/tips in regards an PC issue I have.

So, I was playing WoW and all of a sudden my screen froze, then it turned black. After that it was on again but I couldn't move anything, turned totally black again, and after that I got the blue screen. In addition to the blue screen, there were horizontal lines around the screen.

http://oi66.tinypic.com/2m3gz9z.jpg

After I started my computer, I couldn't access it normally. Only through safe mode. And the lines were still there. Same place. Sort of a green colorish and other colors as well..

Does that mean that my graphic card is dying/dead ? any chance to fix it as I am extremely low on cash.

Thanks in advance.
    this sounds like critical hardware failure, if your system has onboard graphic, then lets remove the GPU and connect to the motherboards onboard and see if the likes still happen.
    PC: CPU - i7-4790K, MoBo - MSI Z97 gaming 5, Memory - 16G Corsair vengeance LPX DDR3, GPU - EVGA 970 FTW edition, Storage- 1x Sandisk X400 M.2 512GB, 1X WD blue 1TB HDD, 1x WD green 1TB HDD, PSU - EVGA 550W 80+ bronze.