Swapping out trinkets for trash. Bad for RPPM?

So just curius if there is any negative affects for switching out trinkets for trash/bosses with an RPPM effect? I know trinkets with a CD just get putt on what looks like a 30 second CD? Is this the same for RPPM trinkets? They just get like a 30 second internal cool down or something?

Just curious if I should do this or not. I generally run Mythic+ with two AoE trinkets for trash, and just before boss I switch to my Single Target trinkets which are both RPPM based. Is this affecting me in anyway?
    Last edited by sarym13; 2016-10-24 at 01:02 AM.

Bumping this because I have the exact same question.

I tested it a little bit at the target dummies in the class order hall. I swapped in my RPPM trinket right before casting and the earliest it procced was on my second cast. So there is no 30 second CD for those trinkets. However, on some tests it didn't proc for like 30 seconds.
    On the other hand, if I equip the RPPM trinket and leave it on for a while before starting combat, it always seems to proc on the first cast.

So my guess is that the "behind the scene" timer for when the trinket procced last gets set to 0 whenever you equip a trinket. Therefore, you do miss out on the very first guaranteed proc. This is, however, based on very limited testing. If someone knows the interaction for sure, please let us know!

Edit: For high RPPM trinkets it may be beneficial to swap between bosses and trash right after leaving combat, since there is always a little downtime. But if you only get like 1-2 procs per minute, I don't think it is worth. In those cases, resetting the timer and therefore having almost no procs during the 1-2 min boss fight is probably worse than having the trinket with the worse single targte proc equipped.

Edit2: I read one more useful information. According to a bluepost, since legion the timer for when the trinket last procced gets set to 0 on boss pulls. However, it doesn't state if that only includes raid bosses or also includes dungeon bosses. If it includes dungeon bosses it is most definitely worth to swap. Only on the subsequent trash pull you probably lose out on a proc when reswapping to the trash trinket (since there the timer won't automatically get reset).
    Last edited by Okkrina; 2016-10-27 at 07:10 PM.