Enhance DPS Help

Hey Guys,

I'm reaching out to see if anyone can help me with my DPS rotation. I have included a link to a 1 minute rotation of me playing as well as a link to my artifact weapon. Any constructive help will be greatly appreciated!

Haste 24%
    Master 66%

Link to rotation: youtubeDOTcom/watch?v=i6tl25Pvim0
    Link to artifact weapon: i66.tinypicDOTcom/11v0f91.jpg

Thank you in advance for your responses!

Your Artifact pathing is perfect so far. Unleash Doom (second golden) will provide a HUGE boost to DPS, that skill is massive. So I'd grind that first.

You stats are also fine, I think you'd like to drop a bit of haste for mastery (like 2% or so), but honestly its just personal preference. Your rotation seems fine. I can guess from your HP your ilvl must be around 855 or so? Even on single target, Crash Lightning with the talent skilled (I forget its name) is better DPS than Lava Lash (unless you have legendary bracers, in which case I'm not entirely sure), both because it deals more damage and because it boosts your next SS.

Aside from that, and this is entirely personal preference, if I were you I'd make a couple weakauras to track Boulderfist buff, Flametongue buff and Frostbrand buff. It's just more comfortable to see a bar going down in time rather than a tiny icon on the top right of your screen imo. Also, and this is purely own to RNG, the ring Legendary (Eye of the Twisting Nether) is a huge dps boost.

And as a last comment, trinkets are very important. I have no idea what trinkets you are currently using but you can use this chart to guide yourself on trinkets that are more favorable to Shamans: http://puu.sh/rwVRN/da41d2f617.png . Please don't only check the chart, only take into account your stats and how they actually perform after trying them out, but the chart is a good rule of thumb.

Wow, thanks Azelas for your response.

Currently I am using Six-Feather Fan(ilvl 835) and Unstable Arcanocrystal (ilvl 860) for trinkets.

What is the fastest way to grind artifact power? Currently I am heroic dungeon farming as Resto (queue's are SO much faster) but if there is a better way, please let me know!

Again, thank you for your response!

I ask here to not open another topic: if flametongue falls off and I have a stormbringer proc, I give priority to stormstrike rather than keeping up FT. Is it wrong?

Refresh the buff and then keep on stormstriking. Most of the top shamans are saying that refreshing FT and losing 1 GC is better than SSing.

I used to do it like you and give priority to SS procs because I read somewhere that its ok to let FT fall off if you have SS procs but then some of the top shamans on discord said you should be refreshing FT and then continue with your rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Vodkatwist View Post
    I ask here to not open another topic: if flametongue falls off and I have a stormbringer proc, I give priority to stormstrike rather than keeping up FT. Is it wrong?
    I believe Stormstrike proc has a priority over re-applying Flametongue, but a regular Stormstrike does not. That's possibly due to the fact that Flametongue can proc Stormstrike, but I might be wrong.

Either way, FT gets a slight buff in tomorrow's patch, so if it's not priority now, it will be tomorrow.

One recommendation I have is to get an addon to track your buffs, like Boulderfist, Flametongue and Frostbrand. This will help a lot when playing in chaotic 5-mans or raids and you don't have the time or ability to quickly check and verify that you have your buffs and how long you have on them. Also, not sure if this has been said, but avoid refreshing Frostbrand unless you have >5 seconds left.
    Retired WoW player. Ameteur family man.

Quote Originally Posted by Trajer View Post
    Either way, FT gets a slight buff in tomorrow's patch, so if it's not priority now, it will be tomorrow.
    I don't see anything regarding a buff to FT in tomorrow's patch. Where did you read that?

Quote Originally Posted by Norome View Post
    I don't see anything regarding a buff to FT in tomorrow's patch. Where did you read that?
    I'm not sure how accurate it is, but these are the notes I found for 7.1 from a month ago on wowhead:

Flametongue Scorches your target, dealing (120% of Attack power) Fire damage, and enhances your weapons with fire for 16 sec, causing each weapon attack to deal up to (0.0750.125 * Attack power) Fire damage, based on weapon speed.
    Proc is scaled up from .075 to .125. Like I said, "slight buff" but considering how often it hits it should add up.

Edit: http://www.wowhead.com/news=255940/p...mplete-revamp- is the article.

Edit 2: Found the most recent notes, looks like this change was removed. Sorry!
    Last edited by Trajer; 2016-10-25 at 07:37 AM.
    Retired WoW player. Ameteur family man.