Poll: should i

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Huh?
    /whoosh

Your failed comparison of a singular meat-eater you dislike to all meat-eaters doesn't hold weight when the reality is that vegans in general are quite vocal about their life choice. Hardly anyone proclaims how much of a proud meat-eater they are save for poking fun of vegans or making exaggerated "Bacon 4 Lyfe" memes.

Seriously, WTF are you taking about? I don't eat fish. What do you mean "still neglecting..."
    You use "factory farms" as a standard go-to for animal cruelty and moral shaming tactics... and you and others continue to ignore standard fishing practices. It is such a common lapse that I honestly doubt your sincerity (or the sincerity of vegans in general) or your actual knowledge of the world. Red meat gets hated on regularly but poultry and fish rarely get observed...

So I reiterate: you seem to have a fluffy animal abuse problem, not an actual animal abuse problem. Put another way... your convictions are bad and you should feel bad.

Learn to read, i said dog food. Your link is about cat food. Jesus.
    LOL it says dog in both the title and throughout the text... Jesus indeed.

"Vitamins A and D: Dogs and cats cannot make vitamin D in their skin, so it needs to be in their diet. And the vitamin D needs to be D3, which comes from animal sources, not D2, which comes from plant-based sources. “People and dogs can use D2 to some extent, but cats really need D3,” Heinze says."

"Taurine. Dogs can make taurine if provided the right building blocks through dietary protein. Cats cannot make their own taurine at all, so it is regarded as an essential amino acid in this species and must be present in adequate amounts in the diet. Both species can suffer taurine deficiencies."

"Potential Problems
    The risks of feeding dogs or cats vegetarian or vegan diet include:"

Gee... that was hard. And that's only one page of three... /snicker

And finally...
    BTW, your wife is wrong. I'm willing to bet neither of you knows what vegans actually eat.
    "Your wife, the dietitian, is wrong because I say so!!"

Okay there, did veganism give you psychic powers? Scott Pilgrim wasn't a documentary bro...

Quote Originally Posted by Fasc View Post

He definitely has a degree in animal science or something I'd imagine since he is so well educated on the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by badzerath View Post
    He definitely has a degree in animal science or something I'd imagine since he is so well educated on the topic.
    What I don't get is that vegan arguments border on the insane levels of anti-vax since what your body does and does not need aren't big questions: we pretty much know that and have known that for some time now. I mean I can understand consternation over showing how sources of X aren't as well absorbed (if absorbed at all) when consumed from food source A vs food source B, since that gets into semi-nuanced biochemistry... but most arguments barely get to that level.

I'm always tickled by the claim that veganism is the end-all, be-all panacea diet... yet recommended by zero registered dietitians. Dietitians are taught smoked foods are unhealthy because that's a quick/easy/verifiable and BEST PRACTICE advice to give to clients. If veganism was so amazing, it too would be taught as such. Instead, veganism is specifically highlighted as an unhealthy fad diet up there with so many other badly conceived fad diets.

If you go Vegan make sure to have a way to off set the loss of B12 in your diet or you at risk of having higher rates of heart problems than meat eaters.

/whoosh

Your failed comparison of a singular meat-eater you dislike to all meat-eaters doesn't hold weight when the reality is that vegans in general are quite vocal about their life choice. Hardly anyone proclaims how much of a proud meat-eater they are save for poking fun of vegans or making exaggerated "Bacon 4 Lyfe" memes.
    Sigh.

Ok, I know 100s of vegans. 100s. You've met like one. Most vegans ARE NOT vocal, because, just like this thread they get shouted down and insulted. Basically, I'm calling shennigans on what you're saying. Also, look again at this thread or ANY thread on this site about veganism. Count for me the people trying to convert people to veganism or insulting meateaters. Now count the amount of people insulting vegans. Now tell me whose more vocal and in your face.....I'll wait....

You use "factory farms" as a standard go-to for animal cruelty and moral shaming tactics... and you and others continue to ignore standard fishing practices. It is such a common lapse that I honestly doubt your sincerity (or the sincerity of vegans in general) or your actual knowledge of the world. Red meat gets hated on regularly but poultry and fish rarely get observed...

So I reiterate: you seem to have a fluffy animal abuse problem, not an actual animal abuse problem. Put another way... your convictions are bad and you should feel bad.
    So I'm clear, every time I say factory farms I need to also say something about commercial fishing, because you made something up in your head about my stance and I'm now responsible for fabricated bs?

LOL it says dog in both the title and throughout the text... Jesus indeed.

"Vitamins A and D: Dogs and cats cannot make vitamin D in their skin, so it needs to be in their diet. And the vitamin D needs to be D3, which comes from animal sources, not D2, which comes from plant-based sources. “People and dogs can use D2 to some extent, but cats really need D3,” Heinze says."

"Taurine. Dogs can make taurine if provided the right building blocks through dietary protein. Cats cannot make their own taurine at all, so it is regarded as an essential amino acid in this species and must be present in adequate amounts in the diet. Both species can suffer taurine deficiencies."

"Potential Problems
    The risks of feeding dogs or cats vegetarian or vegan diet include:"

Gee... that was hard. And that's only one page of three... /snicker
    I assumed you read what I wrote in the pst before that, that was my mistake. Anyway, I said there was dog food that is vegan and that its perfectly fine to feed that to dogs. You then provide a link that only brings up kibble when talking about feeding it to a cat. I gave you the benefit of the doubt, my bad I won;t be making that same mistake again.

By the way, D3 is not only animal based.

And finally...

Okay there, did veganism give you psychic powers? Scott Pilgrim wasn't a documentary bro...
    Yes, she is wrong. She's wrong because she, like most of you, have no idea what a vegan diet entails. I bet you both think we eat raw veggies and fruits and that's it. I say that, because if she actually knew what vegan food was out there and still said that, then she should pick a new career as most vegan food has all and sometimes more nutrition than meat versions.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    BTW, your wife is wrong. I'm willing to bet neither of you knows what vegans actually eat.
    Vegans fart too much because they eat too many beans and lentils to get their protein. Not usually pleasurable to be around