Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Honor gains in BGs? Any Tipps?

With the Bonus week I was starting to make BGs all day long to farm the Artifact appearance. I always prefered objectives, helping to retake a flag, carrying the flag, defending or attacking an important point, etc. (Arathi). Basically just playing the BG as much as possible to win it, no zerg.

Still i was wondering why the Honor gain range after a game was pretty high. Some people get 700+ Honor, while i got 500 honor for example. I don't know what is going on there, maybe there are some hidden mechanics to increase honor efficiency? Anyone has some tips to spare regarind honor gain?

thx in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrin View Post
    Still i was wondering why the Honor gain range after a game was pretty high. Some people get 700+ Honor, while i got 500 honor for example. I don't know what is going on there, maybe there are some hidden mechanics to increase honor efficiency? Anyone has some tips to spare regarind honor gain?

thx in advance.
    Part of it has to do with "rested honor". They'll get slightly more because it's rested.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrin View Post
    With the Bonus week I was starting to make BGs all day long to farm the Artifact appearance. I always prefered objectives, helping to retake a flag, carrying the flag, defending or attacking an important point, etc. (Arathi). Basically just playing the BG as much as possible to win it, no zerg.

thx in advance.
    The daily win for a random BG is 300 HONOR. However there's an event going on which increases that with 50%.
    300*1,50 = 450.
    The rest of the wins award 150 HONOR. However they still gain 50%.
    150*1,50 = 225

From here it's easy math. (700+) - 225 (which is the difference between the first win and the rest) then you're at about 500.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Part of it has to do with "rested honor". They'll get slightly more because it's rested.
    Rested honor???
    Last edited by Kezotar; 2016-10-24 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Rested honor???

Yup, if you hover over your honor bar it shows it. You get rested honor the same way you get rested XP they said.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, if you hover over your honor bar it shows it. You get rested honor the same way you get rested XP they said.
    Nothing shows there. Regardless, that's not the concern here.
    The reason they receive more honor is because they're doing their first win.

After a search on the WoW forums and other sides there's nothing on "Rested Honor".
    "Link" http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Honor_System_3.0

The only time I've ever gotten rested honor was from the moment I hit L110. After that, I have NEVER received any rested honor, EVER. What am I missing here, do I actually have to go into a (R)BG or Arena to gain more rested honor or something?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Etamalgren View Post
    The only time I've ever gotten rested honor was from the moment I hit L110. After that, I have NEVER received any rested honor, EVER. What am I missing here, do I actually have to go into a (R)BG or Arena to gain more rested honor or something?
    Read what I said. This rested Honor is not what's causing you to miss out on Honor.

Nothing shows there. Regardless, that's not the concern here.
    The reason they receive more honor is because they're doing their first win.

After a search on the WoW forums and other sides there's nothing on "Rested Honor".
    "Link" http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Honor_System_3.0
    One of the devs answered it within the past couple weeks.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ested-honor-xp

Holinka's Quote on Twitter (Found it): https://twitter.com/holinka/status/779521793727995904

Also, just did two wins and I didn't get any *bonus honor* for winning my first game. Where are you getting the information that it does?
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2016-10-24 at 10:14 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    One of the devs answered it within the past couple weeks.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ested-honor-xp

Don't feel like browsing holinka's twitter for the exact comment

Also, just did two wins and I didn't get any *bonus honor* for winning my first game. Where are you getting the information that it does?
    It has ALWAYS or for a LONG time been in the game. Bonus Honor on your FIRST win on every day has been there for like forever.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...l-Ticket-Hosts

Read up. Do the math yourself.

Bonus win happens on your FIRST win of the day. It's on the front page. Let me show you some facts.
    "
    Activity Honor
    Random BG Win (First of the Day) - 300
    Random BG Win - 150
    "

"LINK".

Again. The event you can see by logging in. The easy math i've already done.
    And I'm telling you. I just did two battlegrounds and got the exact same 450 on both wins. I haven't done a battleground since Wednesday so it's not a matter of it not being my first win. Both were random. So according to your comment there should be more on my first win, but wasn't.

Also the front page is for next patch on Tuesday. NOT currently.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2016-10-24 at 10:21 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    And I'm telling you. I just did two battlegrounds and got the exact same 450 on both wins. I haven't done a battleground since Wednesday so it's not a matter of it not being my first win. Both were random. So according to your comment there should be more on my first win, but wasn't.
    Did you win?
    Random - First daily BG win = 300 HONOR (50% due to the buff this week). -> 450
    Random - The rest of the BG wins = 150 HONOR (50%) -> 225

In addition to that you will receive 50% more honor from the actual BG as well and all other stuff you're doing in there.
    So if you're getting 450 HONOR that sounds right. I usually peak at 600 after my daily win. However, that's because I usually do most of the HKs as well so I'm not missing out on any HONOR. But 450-500 sounds about right.

It has ALWAYS or for a LONG time been in the game. Bonus Honor on your FIRST win on every day has been there for like forever.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...l-Ticket-Hosts

Read up. Do the math yourself.
    Its true, rested honor is in the game just like rested EXP.
    And the 50% BG week is complete and utter BULL. Heres why; Temple of Kotmogu, top of the charts with victory points (like idk 400 or smth) and im at the bottom of the scoreboard on honor, rest had 50-100 victory points, so yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    Rested honor???
    Here's an example, a 100 alt that hasn't done any PvP, it shows the bar where you get rested 'til, and it'll say rested honor in the mouseover (bottom right corner)
    http://imgur.com/a/NpFlR

Does anyone know what factors add into increasing your honor gain?

If I'd get more from constantly charging into the opponents and doing as much damage as possible than from actually participating in closing objectives, I need to know what counts NOW please.

Did you win?
    Random - First daily BG win = 300 HONOR (50% due to the buff this week). -> 450
    Random - The rest of the BG wins = 150 HONOR (50%) -> 225

In addition to that you will receive 50% more honor from the actual BG as well and all other stuff you're doing in there.
    So if you're getting 450 HONOR that sounds right. I usually peak at 600 after my daily win. However, that's because I usually do most of the HKs as well so I'm not missing out on any HONOR. But 450-500 sounds about right.
    First line of the quote you got me on "I just did two battlegrounds and got the exact same 450 on both wins" I'm only going by the final number and not from all the HK's I got in the match or bonus honor (not that it matters, but usually #1 or #2 in HK's)

First line of the quote you got me on "I just did two battlegrounds and got the exact same 450 on both wins" I'm only going by the final number and not from all the HK's I got in the match or bonus honor (not that it matters, but usually #1 or #2 in HK's)
    What I'm hearing is HK's are more important than damage or healing done? And I guess healers, or people who qued as healers, get buffers to protect them from lower performance?

If I get into a BG as prot because I'm walking around in the world that way, then do the BG as a dps, wouldn't I get more honor? I'll have to go back to doing that. It makes sense now why honor slowed down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtful Trolli View Post
    What I'm hearing is HK's are more important than damage or healing done? And I guess healers, or people who qued as healers, get buffers to protect them from lower performance?

If I get into a BG as prot because I'm walking around in the world that way, then do the BG as a dps, wouldn't I get more honor? I'll have to go back to doing that. It makes sense now why honor slowed down.
    well healers should get a lot of HKs imo...unless they are afk/defending a flag somewhere, in which case they should get nothing because they are useless for the team

i dont think its related to damage done in any way, more like to HKs, as a tank you should have plenty of HKs if you play right, its more about "affecting" as many enemy players as you can, if a healer heals 10 allies who then kill 20 enemies this healer is "better" for the team than a tank afking on a flag, or just snaring one hunter in 10v10 scenario.

Good design or bad? Hard to tell. Still personal "random BG" rating based on total healing/damage/scorepoints/flags/whatever would be nice to see.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryken View Post
    Here's an example, a 100 alt that hasn't done any PvP, it shows the bar where you get rested 'til, and it'll say rested honor in the mouseover (bottom right corner)
    http://imgur.com/a/NpFlR
    Oh, that's a new one. Couldn't find a single news on that. However, that exp rested is so small that it wont matter tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

What's the problem then? You probably did a win earlier. I know the honor form the wins are working as I'm prestige 5 atm.
    I can't rule out any bugs, but like I said. People do get more honor than others due to daily wins. The daily win stands for about 225 honor with the event going on. Case closed.
    That's what the thread started about. If you however like you discuss the bug make a new thread. I can't help you there.

You can get more honor than others in the BG if we exclude the "rested" as the rested will at most last a single BG unless you actually have multiple bars rested. But let's be honest, most PvPers other than alts probably haven't even seen that rested bar. For example I'm getting about 1-2 levels a BG with the event. However, from the worst to the best there's about 50-100 honors. And that's depending on if you're getting kills (actually playing the BG) or slacking in the background.
    Last edited by Kezotar; 2016-10-24 at 11:27 AM.

What's the problem then? You probably did a win earlier. I know the honor form the wins are working as I'm prestige 5 atm.
    I can't rule out any bugs, but like I said. People do get more honor than others due to daily wins. The daily win stands for about 225 honor with the event going on. Case closed.
    I get that you are trying to help, but please at least read my full quote. I said at that point I had 2 wins, both awarded the EXACT same honor. My last BG played was on Wednesday so it wasn't from "earlier".

It's not a bug as it's doing the same on my alts and roommate is experiencing the same thing right now. Even went on to get a few more wins and EXACT same honor.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I get that you are trying to help, but please at least read my full quote. I said at that point I had 2 wins, both awarded the EXACT same honor. My last BG played was on Wednesday so it wasn't from "earlier".

It's not a bug as it's doing the same on my alts and roommate is experiencing the same thing right now. Even went on to get a few more wins and EXACT same honor.
    How can they award the exact same honor? That's what I don't get. BGs work like this
    Honor for Winning + (HK+Effort) = Honor Received at the end.
    Meaning for this to be true you have to have the EXACT same effort and HK in those two different games, which I do find hard to believe.

Anyway. If you think this is a bug you can report it as a bug.
    But case is you should get ...
    1. 225 + (HK+Effort) = Honor. For every BG outside the daily first.
    2. 450 + (HK+Effort) = Honor. For your FIRST win today.
    I'm not 100% sure when they reset, they used to reset 03:00. However that has changed.

What could be the case for you here is that..
    1. BG -> 450 + (0 or low from HK/Effort) = 450. First WIN
    2. BG -> 225 + (215 from HK/Effort) = 450. Second WIN.

Other than that I can't explain it. What however might've happened is that the EVENT is down. Which means...
    1. BG -> 300 + (150 HK/Effort) = 450
    2. BG -> 150 + (300 HK/Effort) = 450

That might just be the case. I'm not sure how long the events last, if it's only for the weekend or not.