Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    Kib (a guy in a top 100 raiding guild) said he saw insane numbers with this change on his DH on the PTR when they were testing raids. Call me insane but i don't think this is a nerf. Now, they might nerf the fury regen from Dblades because of this, that would be a nerf. We don't need more nerfs imo.
    maybe there's something else that the forum post failed to mention.. but according to what he said, if they only changed it so that it procs during GCD. It's a nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Realmerc View Post
    " Instead of waiting a bit some fury before entering Momentum window, you can get that missing fury DURING the use "

you see.. this is the problem.. you have 80% hit chance, with a 75% chance of getting fury with DB. that's basically 60%chance of gaining fury.

the problem with doing that, is with bad RNG you won't gain fury during your 4 sec momentum window therefore you lost tons of dps.
    But you lose either way while waiting ;p. It does not change the inner problem of short momentum window + fury at the right time.

maybe there's something else that the forum post failed to mention.. but according to what he said, if they only changed it so that it procs during GCD. It's a nerf.
    It procs all the time with this change. I have a hard time seeing that as a nerf. It's more reliable fury-gain.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kib View Post
    World 29th plz... we worked really hard 24.75hours to achieve such a rank

We'll see tomorrow because Blizz won't confirm anything officially

Figured I'd elaborate a bit more on this while eating my wrap

It's not a giant buff but more of a QoL change, the fury generation won't shoot up to uncontrollable numbers and such, it will be more or less a slow energy regen playstyle feel.

Generating between 12-20 fury every 0.75 swings, meaning on average you'll need 3 procs to have enough fury to Chaos Strike. Roughly 7.8 seconds of swinging at base attack speed.

Where it gets stupid is on the pull with meta haste + lust where your AA swing gets a bit retarded and yea fury becomes abundant. I'm not sure yet on how much this change may or may not change secondary stats but I doubt it will push haste much higher since the difference between 0 and 10% haste is 1 chaos strike per minute.
    Yea sorry! I couldnt bother looking at wowprogress but i knew you were in the top 30s ish Anyway i can imagine it being nuts on opener. I've grown to hate spamming demon bite so i hope i wont hate this change if intended.

It is actually a rather massive buff if you have Anger of the Half Giants. I guess no body is/was talking about it for fear they would change it back.

The problem with DB if you are using Anger is that you effectively lose procs by locking your GCD window for long periods of time just trying to dump resources. After the change, you always get the procs. I was seeing around a ~20-30% increase in DB procs. I didn't get to test in in any raids, but it is about a ~15% single target dps buff from live on the training dummy (fairly patchwerk, full uptime, ~30 iterations).

The biggest problem i ran into was the inability to actually spend fury. During haste trinket procs and a lucky string of crits i would see my fury bar sit at cap despite every global going to CS.

I tested a bit without Anger and it was still a slight buff, just because of the resource gen during the lust/meta window. If you think its actually a nerf, go test it for 5min on the PTR and you will understand why its a buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Cersee View Post
    It is actually a rather massive buff if you have Anger of the Half Giants. I guess no body is/was talking about it for fear they would change it back.

The problem with DB if you are using Anger is that you effectively lose procs by locking your GCD window for long periods of time just trying to dump resources. After the change, you always get the procs. I was seeing around a ~20-30% increase in DB procs. I didn't get to test in in any raids, but it is about a ~15% single target dps buff from live on the training dummy (fairly patchwerk, full uptime, ~30 iterations).

The biggest problem i ran into was the inability to actually spend fury. During haste trinket procs and a lucky string of crits i would see my fury bar sit at cap despite every global going to CS.

I tested a bit without Anger and it was still a slight buff, just because of the resource gen during the lust/meta window. If you think its actually a nerf, go test it for 5min on the PTR and you will understand why its a buff.
    Why would they change it back? It should be okay for DHs to do competitive dps on ST.

They are testing things with DH, class is young, they don't want it to be OP and unfortunately we are sensitive to this. The least change can make us OP or in contrary make us shit. Blizz have hard time to "balance" it properly but this change is mostly a "fixed mechanic".

It is in the patch notes now, so it's not likely to be a mistake/bug fix gone wrong as was a mentioned posibility earlier: worldofwarcraft. com/en-us/news/20335228#demon
    Last edited by Chrispwns; 2016-10-24 at 11:26 PM.

IIRC, the dev's had said before during the Pre-Patch that DB was something they wanted to change, i jut wish the change was to get us away from a 1 button rotation.. This change is good, sitting around waiting for DB to actually proc is why our dps fluctuated up and down during the course of the fights. Now this seems to be something a little more stable. I may be wrong but that's what i see.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    Yes, it's true. (It's not a huge improvement for the talent, but enough that Prepared is not as good anymore).

That said this change isn't in the patch notes so who knows if it is actually intended.
    Don't want to burst your bubble, but demon blades was already a DPS increase, the guides are actually wrong on it not being so.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, how big of an increase is this? Anyone roughly knows?
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    Why would they change it back? It should be okay for DHs to do competitive dps on ST.
    Well, only because i wasn't sure if the change was intentional or not because it wasn't in the patch notes until today. Also, their wording in the patch notes indicates they don't think its a throughput increase. It most certainly is in certain situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    So, how big of an increase is this? Anyone roughly knows?
    Roughly? Pure single target. 0-5% without Anger of the Half Giants. 10-20% with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cersee View Post

Yes, with anger of the half giants +probably the tier19 2 set bonus i can see this change to be a huge buff for ST. but as i said, for the people who don't have AOTHG, i dont see the change as a buff, maybe you can cast slightly more CS, but how many of them are actually in the momentum buff? and what's the dps increase without the ring?

and thanks for sharing this info..

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    Yes, it's true. (It's not a huge improvement for the talent, but enough that Prepared is not as good anymore).

That said this change isn't in the patch notes so who knows if it is actually intended.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deix-EU View Post
    If that's true, could be a bug fixed undesirable side effect. Otherwise, it would have been patchnoted. Yet, the official one is not made so let's see.
    It's in the patch notes, dunno if it wasn't there before: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/20335228

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Demon Blades will now trigger while on the global cooldown (was delayed until after the GCD). This is not a gain to throughput.

Deleted
    " Instead of waiting a bit some fury before entering Momentum window, you can get that missing fury DURING the use "

you see.. this is the problem.. you have 80% hit chance, with a 75% chance of getting fury with DB. that's basically 60%chance of gaining fury.

the problem with doing that, is with bad RNG you won't gain fury during your 4 sec momentum window therefore you lost tons of dps.
    Since when do you use momentum for the demon blades procc, are you actually that bad and not knowing you should dump during your CS/ANNI/TG abilities you have been doing it wrong all the time.

You should never ever Momentum on white hits. not even on oppener you do it becuse you illardi and TG when you felrush in, and then you bank up then you VR and dump then you FR and TG again and dump.

Like what are you actually talking about?

becuse what you are saying is somthing you NEVER EVER did unless you wanted to gimp your dps.

i like the change this will make good players show even bigger number diffrances from bad players, however i think its a to big of a buff, it will increase our damage by way to much.

also this gives me a feeling haste overtakes mastery now(especially if you have the ring)
    Last edited by mmoc7e86bf450a; 2016-10-25 at 07:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Per the official patch notes:

Demon Blades will now trigger while on the global cooldown (was delayed until after the GCD). This is not a gain to throughput.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzah View Post
    Since when do you use momentum for the demon blades procc, are you actually that bad and not knowing you should dump during your CS/ANNI/TG abilities you have been doing it wrong all the time.

You should never ever Momentum on white hits. not even on oppener you do it becuse you illardi and TG when you felrush in, and then you bank up then you VR and dump then you FR and TG again and dump.

Like what are you actually talking about?

becuse what you are saying is somthing you NEVER EVER did unless you wanted to gimp your dps.

i like the change this will make good players show even bigger number diffrances from bad players, however i think its a to big of a buff, it will increase our damage by way to much.

also this gives me a feeling haste overtakes mastery now(especially if you have the ring)
    The first line is a quote from the post above.. what are you even talking about ? lol yes, you should never ever do that. and BTW haste already overtakes mastery even without AOTHG