15+ Year Old Account

Proffesion that compliment engineering? (fun)

I'm tired of being alchemist/enchanter and I'm at a point where gold is almost irrelevant. I have bought tokens so my game time ends in January 2018...
    Engineering is obviously the most fun profession, but which other profession have fun stuff to compliment it?

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    The one that gives engineering its mats. I'll let you find this one on your own.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    The one that gives engineering its mats. I'll let you find this one on your own.
    I don't need mats. I can just buy them from the auction house.
    That's why I mentioned "fun". I'm not interested in cost effective way for engineering upkeep. I just want another fun profession along with engineering.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, my main is an engineer and the only things i use are the goblin glider enchant from MoP and the nitro boots from (wrath?) i think it was. Those two things alone are absurdly useful. The new engineering stuff is pretty shit tbh. We didnt even get a new mount. Though the gunpack combined with a glider can be usefull for scaling terrain. The gunshoes are stupidly expensive for what amounts to a 20 second sprint. They cant even be used indoors, or in combat. And the teleports are pretty useless now with all the new portals in Dalaran. I will say though that Sky Golems were hot sellers there for a while. Their prices had basically quadrupled in value since i last sold one in MoP. Though i suspect that that market is going to die with the new BoS vendors causing herb prices to tank.

From a "fun" perspective there really isnt anything else i can think of.

Alchemy has quite a bit of utility from its various potions. LW/BS have mounts, though i hear the LW mount questline is pretty much the pinnacle of frustrating bullshit in Legion. And when all is said and done, its just another of those hideous moose mounts.

While doing the LW quest for the mount recipe, I seriously contemplated dropping LW (had it since I created my current main in WoTLK). I even alt + tabbed to look at other professions to see what I would take to replace it. While I would like the mount, the LW mounts don't look special and I already have a moose. In the end I have yet to drop LW, but likely will for enchanting to de wq/dungeon items.

15+ Year Old Account
    Alchemy is really the only other thing with some fun stuff like free action potions, I think there's a slowfall potion, Noggenfogger and various other costume potions, there's a Legion potion that makes you into a meteor instead of taking falling damage, etc.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Yup, alchemy is the only other meaningful profession.

Deleted
    Have you tried Archaeology? It is not as bad as most here say it is. I actually enjoyed it quite a bit.

In terms of main professions i guess there is nothing really "fun" other than engineering.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im Engi/Mining.

I made like 40kg in mining selling Fellslate ore, on the other hand, I lost like 100kg worth of mats/pots on my Alchemist chugging that shit all day long.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama