SimCraft results not as expected

So I've been simming my character lately after reaching 870 ilvl and high crit %. First time I did it, it put haste as my best secondary stat with crit pretty far behind. After getting more haste and reaching 872 ilvl, haste is now apparently better than agility, is this correct or am I using SimCraft wrong?

I cannot post links yet but the stat weighs are:

Haste: 11.34
    Agility: 9.75
    Versatility: 8.41
    Crit: 8.20
    Mastery: 7.01

DPS: 354K

My itemlvl is 872 and my current stat percentages are:

Agility: 24529
    Crit: 45% (unbuffed)
    Haste: 16%
    Mastery: 16%
    Versatility: 3%

EDIT: I always spec DB and CB. I also have the BiS ring for fury generation.

Yeah, that makes sense provided your haste is 0 and you're using CB + DB.

What? mind elaborating on what might be wrong then?

i noticed the worth of haste going up a lot if you have disabled lust/heroism from your sims. have you done that? otherwise having haste so high up makes no sense to me.

edit: i just simmed myself @878, with 48% crit, 9% haste, 15% mastery and 7% versatility and got the following weights with DB and CB:

agi (9,89)>crit (9,08)>versa(8,67)>haste (8,5)>mastery(8,31)

i was wondering, how much haste is needed to fit a 4th global into the 4second momo window? 16% is miles ahead of my 9%, but i still think that cannot be why your haste is worth so much more than mine.
    Last edited by aGit; 2016-10-24 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aGit View Post
    i noticed the worth of haste going up a lot if you have disabled lust/heroism from your sims. have you done that? otherwise having haste so high up makes no sense to me.

edit: i just simmed myself @878, with 48% crit, 9% haste, 15% mastery and 7% versatility and got the following weights with DB and CB:

agi (9,89)>crit (9,08)>versa(8,67)>haste (8,5)>mastery(8,31)

i was wondering, how much haste is needed to fit a 4th global into the 4second momo window? 16% is miles ahead of my 9%, but i still think that cannot be why your haste is worth so much more than mine.
    Just checked. All buffs, including heroism is enabled. Will try to do a couple of sims with different options and raid fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetement View Post
    What? mind elaborating on what might be wrong then?
    If you've 0% haste, that means, no haste at all, and you're using both CB and DB (both benefict from haste to some point) its normal the sims put haste as your highest stat.

The latest release of simcraft is kinda "funky"
    Might be that that's what's causing this?

So I changed the options a bit, tried to change player skill, etc. and the values are now more...reasonable with agility coming up first. Haste is however second best secondary for me. I will post sims when I am able to link.

edit: After checking different sims it seems like when I put elite skill on, haste is way above everything else. When I put skill on "good" agility comes first with haste close.

Values are now:

agility: 9.39
    haste: 8,78
    versatility: 8,31
    crit: 7,70
    mastery: 6.92
    Last edited by Vetement; 2016-10-24 at 05:09 PM.

So I changed the options a bit, tried to change player skill, etc. and the values are now more...reasonable with agility coming up first. Haste is however second best secondary for me. I will post sims when I am able to link.

edit: After checking different sims it seems like when I put elite skill on, haste is way above everything else. When I put skill on "good" agility comes first with haste close.

Values are now:

agility: 9.39
    haste: 8,78
    versatility: 8,31
    crit: 7,70
    mastery: 6.92
    Don't ever change the player skill setting. It breaks everything and does not give results that are worth looking at. It randomly skips APL lines, which means it'd need specific APLs designed for lower skill levels, which is a lot of extra effort and utterly pointless, because the point of the sim is to assume you're playing properly.

The issue is that stats are multipliers, and the way multipliers work is that stacking everything in 1 multiplier isn't as good as spreading that across multiple multipliers. Sure, there's mechanics that cause certain multipliers to be more valuable, but you can't just completely ignore a stat(haste in your case)
    There might also be some kind of breakpoint where you lower the GCD enough to fit another ability in some kind of window(Momentum or otherwise), which could inflate the value at certain points.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2016-10-24 at 05:18 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

What should player skill be at anyway?

Also, I have pretty high haste, 17% right now. I am thinking it might be the reason why haste has such a high value for me?
    Last edited by Vetement; 2016-10-24 at 05:19 PM.

What should player skill be at anyway?

Also, I have prety high haste, 17% right now. I am thinking it might be the reason why haste has such a high value for me?
    Player skill should always be set to elite(the highest setting)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Player skill should always be set to elite(the highest setting)
    Would it be possible for you to sim my character and see if you get different results? Playing on Outland, character: Vetement