15+ Year Old Account

Fun coop games for low end pcs?

My gf wants to play some games with me but have a crappy Dell laptop with GTX 940MX and 4gb of ram. Any fun coop games that we could play together that aren't pixelated?
    She's into bloody, violet games where you can blow stuff up. Absolutely no strategy games.
    Unfortunately she's also Appletard and I'm Android dude so we can't really play mobile games...

10+ Year Old Account
    Castle Crashers
    Battleblock theater.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, those games do look a bit childish. We're both into blood and gore, stuff like Diablo, but even Diablo 2 is old.

Killing Floor 2, not sure it run on those specs though but here are the minimum specs

Processor: Core 2 Duo E8200 2.66GHz or Phenom II X2 545
    Memory: 3 GB RAM
    Graphics: GeForce GTS 250 or Radeon HD 4830
    DirectX: Version 10
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2016-10-24 at 05:18 PM.

Left 4 Dead can run on lower systems, if you are ok with longer load times.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cheers, I'll check some of those games out.
    Also, remembered Torchlight 2. That game might be interesting and it's pretty low spec.

-get minecraft
    -get launcher that makes it run mods about witchcraft and bloodmagic
    -get diablo texture pack
    -???
    -profit, you dat boi now

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    I don't know, those games do look a bit childish. We're both into blood and gore, stuff like Diablo, but even Diablo 2 is old.
    Titan Quest was a lot of fun and it recieved an update not too long ago. It's pretty much D2, but a bit newer.
    And Castle Crashers is cartoon gore/trash fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh OP, those specs aren't terrible. They are on the low end of the curve but not out of it. You should be able to play most coop games and at worse need to turn off shadows, make sure your air vents aren't blocked.

If you're having harsh performance issues then you probably need to dust the inside of the laptop or you're blocking your vents.

I recommend Left for Dead 2, Borderlands (and of them), Killing Floor 2, Dead Island

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    940MX isn't that bad actually; I have it on my working laptop, and it is far from being useless. I'd say your GF should be able to play almost all games in existence, at least, on low settings.

Into bloody games... How about Doom / Doom 2 coop? The games are ancient, but there are lots of ports with vastly improved graphics. From more recent games, Diablo 3 maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

No more room in hell is a decent free left 4 dead esque game on steam I recommend it.

If she likes D2 you can always try Path of Exile (Unofficial D3, if you like D2 you will love PoE) or Grim Dawn, 940M can handle both just fine.

It can also probably handle -any- game out there with custom settings in a mixture of Low/Medium/Shadows Off.

Deleted
    Hey man!

I finally found your thread again, been looking for it for a while just to tell you me and my gf had loads of fun playing Grim Dawn, i think you can even pick it up cheap at humblebundle.
    It's an action RPG, lot of fun man!

My gf wants to play some games with me but have a crappy Dell laptop with GTX 940MX and 4gb of ram. Any fun coop games that we could play together that aren't pixelated?
    She's into bloody, violet games where you can blow stuff up. Absolutely no strategy games.
    Unfortunately she's also Appletard and I'm Android dude so we can't really play mobile games...
    SC2 co-op mode. You can even play it with the free starter edition.

Orcs must die 2 is a blast me and a pal did the entire campaign co op several times. Its much better than the pay to win garbage that is the newest orcs must die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Borderlands 1&2 maybe.
    Those games are not too demanding on specs.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post
    Orcs must die 2 is a blast me and a pal did the entire campaign co op several times. Its much better than the pay to win garbage that is the newest orcs must die.
    To be fair, the newest OMD is going through a huge revamp right now. But I'm with you on the Orcs Must Die 2 - it's loads of fun.

I wouldn't call it pay to win though, since you can't straight outright buy your way to victory, not anything feasible I mean. You can buy chests, but you're not guaranteed what you want and/or need from it. (I do agree that I hate that business model, though.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Worms.
    /thread