Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Can you explain why it is buggy?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by phillu View Post
    Just seen the Fatboss video, Blizzard have completely destroyed the best raid instance I have done.

I knew they were going to **** it up but didn't realize they were going to do it this badly. All people wanted was old content scaled up, WHY ******* CHANGE IT.
    Thank fuck they didn't listen to you, no people didn't want just up scaled crap as you can see by this thread.

Looking forward to doing this tomorrow seems fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    I'm curious about the difficulty as well. I want to know what I need to prepare for here.

For the most part people are just talking about how long it is. How difficult is it?
    The raid itself is long, and since long walks = lots of trash, you can assume the worst.
    There are some special trash abilities, more at this complete strategy guide.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    Just seen the Fatboss video, Blizzard have completely destroyed the best raid instance I have done.

I knew they were going to **** it up but didn't realize they were going to do it this badly. All people wanted was old content scaled up, WHY ******* CHANGE IT.
    Fuck old content JUST scaled up! Just FUCK. IT!!! People wanted a changed instance, new, but with same feel to it ...

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    The raid itself is long, and since long walks = lots of trash, you can assume the worst.
    There are some special trash abilities, more at this complete strategy guide.
    Well I've gathered that it's 2-4 hours long in a learning party.

But I still have no idea how difficult the dungeon is, but it's starting to sound like it's quite challenging and not really meant to be pugged. I'm a little disappointed to hear it, to be honest. I was hoping it's difficulty would be more variable with the potential addition of Mythic + in the future. I guess I'll need to find a regular group to do it with.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixnalia View Post
    Fatboss gave an overview of this. They mentioned it took 3 hours when they fully explored everything to find any secrets or easter eggs.
    They believed it would take a decent group maybe an hour to an hour and a half iirc.
    I wished they had stated this a bit differently. They are a fairly high end group who min-max things. All I kept hearing today from friends and guild mates was, "this will only take 90 minutes." Most groups are going to take much longer the first time through unless they have someone who can easily explain each fight, trash and so on. We went in today (3 party members were pugs) with a group that's likely above average gear; DPS at around 870 ilvl pulling over 300 dps each, very well geared tank and healer, and it took us 4 hours. That's because we had to learn and figure out the fights on our own, develop strats a bit for the encounters, and coordinate interrupts.

Most importantly: Corpse runs can be five minutes long, or longer in some areas. So if you're learning a fight and die, it's probably close to 7 or 8 minutes before the next attempt. Now do that twice on a couple of bosses and you've got 30 to 45 minutes just in corpse runs. In a pug where you're not on VOIP and can't make adjustments mid fight easily, this could be a problem. Coordinating interrupts is probably one of those things that if not done somehow will just add a whole lot of frustration.

I would say 3 to 4 hours for a group that is on VOIP and learning most of it by themselves with a few wipes here and there. Solid players will cut that down a lot. 90 minutes is going to happen when you have enough people who know each fight to not die, and who can rez people (if needed at all) before moving on. This includes trash which in a couple of spots (looking at you spiders) can one shot people very easily. Better skilled players using DBM, reading a couple of basic strats, will probably die less frequently and cut the time down.

edit: I personally loved this new Kara. It's a great experience, that's not easy the first time through and it's well done. Very enjoyable. I suspect to see a lot of complaining though it's too long, too hard, or whatever.
    Last edited by Standing; 2016-10-26 at 03:59 AM.

Any word on the secret boss being found yet?

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Well I've gathered that it's 2-4 hours long in a learning party.

But I still have no idea how difficult the dungeon is, but it's starting to sound like it's quite challenging and not really meant to be pugged. I'm a little disappointed to hear it, to be honest. I was hoping it's difficulty would be more variable with the potential addition of Mythic + in the future. I guess I'll need to find a regular group to do it with.
    It's a very well done run, and is about as close as you can get to a five man raid. I realized running through the first time today it's going to stress basic pugs-- unless people are willing to get on voip, type a lot, and/or be very patient. For a basic pug group learning the place, with decent players, 3 hours is about right. On some fights, if one person screws up, it can easily be a wipe. If you have people who screw up, die a lot needlessly, then count on closer to four hours to clear. The corpse runs are very, very unforgiving. I said it above, but expect upwards of ten minute corpse runs and recovery in some areas. My run today, two key party members weren't on voip, and it made it much harder, causing a few wipes on a couple of bosses. Well over an hour of the four hour run was easily just the time spent running back following wipes, probably much more.
    Last edited by Standing; 2016-10-26 at 03:55 AM.

I might just go do it now unless it doesn't reset at 0900 (EU).
    Any idea if it does/does not?

How do you extend your current lockout? we did all the bosses except for the last one, then had to break up for raids. came back to finish the last boss off and came back to having to kill all the bosses again. any idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Did the first 3 bosses and it took about 2 and a half hours, lol. Maybe cause it was a pug, idk. It was pretty tough. Stuff hits hard and them spiders are not joke.

The corpse runs are so damn annoying. I think most people left just because they didn't want to deal with it anymore.
    Spawning at the last boss successfully killed would significantly improve the experience. I don't mind hard. I loved the entire run and had a blast doing it. The corpse runs though are just one of those frustration from death things that will turn friends against each other. The 20 man mythic raids have no where near the same penalty. Not sure why Kara should.

Almost 6 hours with my pug. Is a 5 man raid, almost every boss has a one shot mechanic, long walk of shame, etc... is a lot harder than heroic EN.

This is not a place for your typical mythic0 group, everybody needs to play pretty well to make it through this place, the death runs alone will kill most non-friend/guild groups.

Even the trash can be unforgiving.

If the place isn't tuned up a bit, I don't forsee its being done to often.

You actually have to do mechanics, it's not like the mechanics are particularly hard but they can easily kill even 880 people trying to just tunnel for a free clear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookiewooki3 View Post
    How do you extend your current lockout? we did all the bosses except for the last one, then had to break up for raids. came back to finish the last boss off and came back to having to kill all the bosses again. any idea?
    Go to raid info, click on it, extend raid lockout.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

From what you guys are saying its not realy hard as it is overtuned, ilevel 865 ppl should not be having any sort of difficulty doing something that drops ilevel 855 - 860 loot cause then that means ppl who actualy need all that gear (whod be on the 850sh ilevel range) will be in a world of hurt. Also why test the thing on ilevel 845 and then make it 100x harder on live ?

Moroes and Maiden gave my group more trouble than every other boss combined. It was certainly more challenging than i expected and it was a lot of fun. Looking forward to doing it on all my alts

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    From what you guys are saying its not realy hard as it is overtuned, ilevel 865 ppl should not be having any sort of difficulty doing something that drops ilevel 855 - 860 loot cause then that means ppl who actualy need all that gear (whod be on the 850sh ilevel range) will be in a world of hurt. Also why test the thing on ilevel 845 and then make it 100x harder on live ?
    This. The ilevel and the difficulty doesn't match and that's a horrible design error. Players in better gear won't run it after a few clears and players in lower gear will suffer to kill anything. I'm not sure for who is this dungeon designed for, but so far it looks like a hit and miss.

close to 850s but im soooo looking forward to this shit if it takes 4 hours

You are not "people" you are one person. I, myself LOVE what they did here. Gave us something NEW mixed with old.
    READ and be less Ignorant.