(Unholy) DPS help request - EN parse included

Hi everyone! I finally joined a guild that regularly uploads their logs and I finally got to see where I ranked in terms of damage for my ilvl.

I thought I had my rotation down and was doing everything pretty close to perfectly, but I guess I'm doing something wrong. Looks like I landed in the 69% for my ilvl on Ursoc.

I'm open to any feedback anyone might have (gear, talents, rotation, etc.) Thanks a ton in advance.

warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/19104302/10/#boss=1841&bracket=9

armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bronzebeard/Chipz/simple

Personally, even though its a high item level, that mastery trinket is not really doing you any good. Stacking mastery only becomes a thing if you have Legendary bracers as Unholy...Since you're doing Heroic, tried to get the trinket off Usrsoc, its good from Heroic, but not great from Normal EN....You can even do Mythic+ and get solid trinkets like Memento, Chrono Shard, Chaos Talisman and Hunger of The Pack....Static trinkets, like the one you're using Str/Haste, are just as good at higher item level...I believe our BiS trinkets though are from World Bosses at the the moment...

Quote Originally Posted by ctaffy919 View Post
    Personally, even though its a high item level, that mastery trinket is not really doing you any good. Stacking mastery only becomes a thing if you have Legendary bracers as Unholy...Since you're doing Heroic, tried to get the trinket off Usrsoc, its good from Heroic, but not great from Normal EN....You can even do Mythic+ and get solid trinkets like Memento, Chrono Shard, Chaos Talisman and Hunger of The Pack....Static trinkets, like the one you're using Str/Haste, are just as good at higher item level...I believe our BiS trinkets though are from World Bosses at the the moment...
    Thanks! I actually have one in my bag that's str/crit. I swapped it out for this one to see how the proc performed. I couldn't find much info on that trinket anywhere. You're probably right though, I'll drop it next run.
    Last edited by dizmog; 2016-10-24 at 08:28 PM.

There are a few things to help you improve, but I'm going to go over what will help you most for single target on a fight like Ursoc. Talents: first row go Bursting sores, and second to last row go Claws. Gear: Enchant Satyr on neck, get STR on cloak, and enchant Crit on rings. Trinkets: Darkmoon Card, Memento, Rending Paw, Chrono Shard, and Pack from HoV are all good trinkets to go for. If you dont't have any of these then make sure you keep doing the stat stick world quests for a titanforged crit trinket. Consumables: STR flask, 375 crit or pepper breath food,and pop 2 potions on a fight. Those are all non rotational things you can do to increase your DPS by about 15-20%. Now for rotation: I looked at your opener and you waste a few seconds of hero by doing things you could be doing before the pull. You should cast Army at 7-8 seconds before pull, pre-pot and cast dark transformation 1 seconds before you pull, and no need to wraith walk. Your opener should look like this: Summon gargoyle > Outbreak > Festering x2 or 3 depending on rng > apocalypse > 2 or 3 Death coil depending on if you got a proc or not. Then you should always try to build wounds up to 6-8 and toss a few Death coils to proc Scourge of Worlds. Then you do the normal rotation with building and spending wounds. If you use weak auras I recommend setting one up to keep track of Scourge of Worlds, because it really boosts your Scourge strike dmg. I often find myself casting SS if SoW is up even if I am RP capped.

I left our a bunch of things that could help but they only make a tiny difference for a lot of effort. Hope this helped,

Cheers!

Thanks man! I had a couple questions...

1. Doesn't Gargoyle snapshot your stats when you summon it? Wouldn't you want to summon it after Soul Reaper stacks?
    2. What are the "stat stick world quests"?

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Hyper27 View Post
    There are a few things to help you improve, but I'm going to go over what will help you most for single target on a fight like Ursoc. Talents: first row go Bursting sores, and second to last row go Claws.
    Unless you have the legendary bracers on a purely ST fight AWS and Necrosis will give you more dps. The bracers are like a 40k dps increase so its an automatic rank if you have them thus all the top parses will be using BS and IC that not representative of what us plebs should be using.

Dont bother with Necrosis, its been mentioned numerous times yes its small damage increase but its cancerous to play and you can easily stuff it up causing you to underdps.

Quote Originally Posted by boomhammer View Post
    Dont bother with Necrosis, its been mentioned numerous times yes its small damage increase but its cancerous to play and you can easily stuff it up causing you to underdps.
    On a purely single target fight (HNeth/Ursoc and MNeth) necrosis is mandatory if you want to try ranking without the bracers, the guy asked what is optimal for a single target fight I responded. The difference between necrosis and SI is pretty much the difference between a 95%+ parse and 85%+ parse to me that's significant enough for someone who wants to play their class well to know about.

1. Blizz made gargoyle dynamic, which means it scale with whatever your stats are at the moment before each cast. So casting Gargoyle before Soul Reaper makes you miss out on 1-2 buffed casts.
    2. Stat stick quests are the trinkets that just give Str+ random stat. So if you don't have good trinkets from Dungeons or EN, then you should got for titanforged Str+Crit trinkets.

Instead of answering to everyone arguing about Necrosis and AWS, I'll just tell you this. Parsing above 99% pretty much requires legendary bracers. I personally parse over 90% almost every heroic fight without them, and I use Bursting Sores+ Infected claws on every fight. If you look at the top parses without the bracers, they still use these talents. If you have godlike micromanagement and no bracers, then necrosis might be slightly better. For the amount of effort it's not worth it unless you are going for high orange parse. Good luck, and let me know if u have anymore questions.

Cheers!