Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Outlaw Buffs - Thoughts?

Patch Notes:

Outlaw
    • ​Saber Slash damage increased by 10%.
    • Pistol Shot damage increased by 10%.
    • Ghostly Strike damage increased by 10%.
    • Blunderbuss damage increased by 10%.

Will still feel a bit clunky with the artifact traits the nerfed but the damage boost is nice. No idea on sims at this point.
    Last edited by Capita1ist; 2016-10-24 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Adding thoughts

Deleted
    It will make me switch to Outlaw for more M+ runs than before at least.

Deleted
    Not expert but not very big impact i guess...GS and PS are our bottom dmg dealing abilities so that is irrelevant. Saberslash and BB increase the dmg abit i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Capita1ist View Post
    Patch Notes:

Outlaw
    • ​Saber Slash damage increased by 10%.
    • Pistol Shot damage increased by 10%.
    • Ghostly Strike damage increased by 10%.
    • Blunderbuss damage increased by 10%.
    I find it interesting they buffed combo point generators, but does that off set the times you have to constantly roll for buffs? It seems very conservative buffs.

7+ Year Old Account
    outlaw balance is just impossible with the huge variance of rtb so let's hope it doesn't end up in outlaw destroying every other spec like it was at the start of the expac and shit live them in good spot in AoE ( witch they already have ) and a decent ST

I like my rogue when all spec are viable in there own niches

Deleted
    Also jolly joger buff becomes obv stronger

It makes insignia of ravenholdt better too. A bit of double dipping buff there.

Deleted
    very minimal, disappointing

Insignia is Insane now, wish I had it

From a recent Heroic Ursoc that I parsed at 87% for and at 90% for my ilvl at the time, that buff would result in an increase of 3,864,000 damage, or a 5.3% increase overall.

With the change, it's a lot better for AoE fights but not by much. You would still want to go assassination for most single target fights. It's peanuts compared to the nerf to RT.

It'll be a bigger help for M+ just because it has a disproportionate impact on stuff you hit with blade flurry. I still doubt that it's better than assassination for higher M+ runs.

Where'd you get these patch notes from?

Quote Originally Posted by Tengokuq View Post

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/20335228

Quote Originally Posted by Tengokuq View Post
    I wondered that too, found them on the official site.

Disappointing from mmo-champion surprisingly.

should be like a 2-3% increase in dmg (depending on rolls ofc) a bit more if you got insignia or the bracers
    wondering if swordmaster is gonna be better now
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2016-10-24 at 10:30 PM.

Laughable, glad I swapped to sin.

It's pretty obvious that they are trying to go towards incremental buffs for at least outlaw.

Want my thoughts? lol...

Deleted
    Considering those abilities make up to 20-40% of your total damage, ut's roughly a 2-4% damage increase.
    If we take 300k dps pre-patch, it's around 306-312k dps. It's not a big buff, but a buff nontheless and most importantly, a sign, that they are working on it.
    By the looks of it, they don't want Outlaw to be a ridiculous allrounder in Raids and m+. And honestly, I don't mind it. Running Outlaw m+ and Ass in raids is really enjoyable.

Edit:
    Cause I saw someone mentioning the RT damage nerf:
    RT got reduced by 1% per point. That's 3-6%, depending on how many RT relics you got. If RT is 60% of your damage, the nerf is about 1.8%-3.6% of your total damage.
    Last edited by mmoc6f7fb5837c; 2016-10-24 at 10:44 PM.

Deleted
    those are very very mild buffs. i play a pistol shot focused build that relies on 2 specific legendaries that very few people have (example log https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=4), but even for me this buff will be a max 5% damage increase, considerably less for most outlaw rogues.

considering outlaw rogues were already among the worst performing specs in mythic raids according to 75% or even 95% percentil logs (which almost completly rule out any horrible rtb rng parses), this buff is almost worse than no buff, because blizzard might just leave the spec as it is now.

this should be the definitive answer for almost all of the outlaw rogues who asked themselves if they should move away entirely from outlaw if they want to raid properly.

meanwhile, better performing specs are getting stronger buffs and the jacks of all trades (i.e. fire mages) got barely hit, while the hero class of raiding, shadow priests, was changed in a way that, quote; "resulting in no net gain or loss of damage."

really disappointing patch notes on first sight.

Not addressing regen.
    Not addressing RNG.

This is a token, and a shit one at that.