Unholy: Still using Old War potions after 7.1 or the new 2500 stat potion?

2500 stats for one minute seems pretty strong. Is it better to keep using Old War or swap to the new potions? Does having legendary bracers have any impact on this decision as well?

It's worse, Old War and the ranged one are much stronger than it. It's just a mid-tier if you can't afford the cost of those potions.

Old war and Deadly Grace are still considerably stronger, especially for specs with lots of short-duration buffs they can stack, but expensive. Stat buff pot's good when you can't afford them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaeron View Post
    Old war and Deadly Grace are still considerably stronger, especially for specs with lots of short-duration buffs they can stack, but expensive. Stat buff pot's good when you can't afford them.
    What are the limitations of the Old War for UH? Is it purely white melee damage, or *any* attack we do in the duration?
    You were good, kid, real good. But as long as I'm around, you'll always be second best, see?
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Oh, and no comment from Xe'ra about how the assault on the black temple was being led in part by the naaru. So was hatred corrupting A'dal's mind too, you pretentious windchime?
    - Volpethrope

Quote Originally Posted by Emeraldon View Post
    What are the limitations of the Old War for UH? Is it purely white melee damage, or *any* attack we do in the duration?
    I believe it's all 'melee strikes' - so not Death Coil or Outbreak, most likely. White swings, Festering, Scourge, Apoc should all be included.

Deleted
    I've always wondered why Old war can do upwards of 5mil for rets and warriors and it never hits 2.5mil for me. Anyone got any facts on why this is true? For this reason I always believed the new pot would be better, but I won't know until tomorrow when I sim.

I don't get how the stat potion wouldnt be better since no one knows yet if it's more than 1 stat, or if its secondaries etc, if its just 2500 str even then hows that not better for DKs with fallen crusader proc and since it lasts more than twice as long as old war does.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veej View Post
    I've always wondered why Old war can do upwards of 5mil for rets and warriors and it never hits 2.5mil for me. Anyone got any facts on why this is true? For this reason I always believed the new pot would be better, but I won't know until tomorrow when I sim.
    Had 4mln max with old war. Prepot + combat pot

Quote Originally Posted by Veej View Post
    Because a lot of unholy's damage comes from pets and FW which, like usual, don't work with old war.

I think they do get buffed by the xavius madness buff, however, which was surprising.

I'm pretty sure the new potion will be better if you got decent gear. It's almost a 10% flat damage increase for a minute so prepot with lust should give us around 3 million damage per potion while old war usually only does 1.5m-2m damage.