Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solarfallz View Post
    Super Smash Brothers Melee has not received an update in 15 years and it's more popular than it's ever been. Fun games keep players playing.
    Super smash is also a game, which requires much less to be running then WoW. You can have a good time with Smash aslong as you are 2-4 players. WoW needs atleast 20 players at one time to be a good late game experience. Also, Smash is also alot more action-packed and newplayer friendly then Vanilla WoW. You can jump right into Smash as soon as you get it. WoW requires alot more dedication of time
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vichan View Post
    They've been saying no for a long time, at this point I think they're just trying to get people to shut up about it and stop asking
    They've never really given us a true no, it has mostly been we want to do it but don't have the code, which turns out to be a lie because they had it all along. At this point I'd feel a No is way more satisfying than a Yes XD

Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    Didn't they have something new related to Diablo coming up at Blizzcon? It is probably D4 not the "World of Diablo" thing that some silly people were posting.
    Yeah something new, Its been hinted at by Diablo Devs as something Special this year

Classic servers are NEVER happening, the effort involved would be massive and it would be a huge fiasco as people started whining for modern features in Vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wibang View Post
    Funny and sad at the same time that Players think Blizzard somehow owe to give those servers.
    How dare Blizzard move on?...

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Newsflash: we know there are other pirate servers. They have been around forever. Just most of them are badly done or scammy.
    Those that are in the works... Are alreasy better than nostalrius.. I wont say names cause they will delete the post...also we have to wait and see what nost will do now as they said they will act if blizz does not announce legacy servers... If nostalrius just release the source code... Cant you imagine what will happen?

Instead of having magnus to work on and fix 100000000 bugs to make a new private, you will have nost quality code ready...
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    Those that are in the works... Are alreasy better than nostalrius.. I wont say names cause they will delete the post...also we have to wait and see what nost will do now as they said they will act if blizz does not announce legacy servers... If nostalrius just release the source code... Cant you imagine what will happen?

Instead of having magnus to work on and fix 100000000 bugs to make a new private, you will have nost quality code ready...
    Yeah and loads of servers with a few scammy ones. Lovely. There was a tbc server that ended up with one of the main devs hijacking it and creating a link to donations. Also they can act all they want they set up somewhere they can be shutdown then it'll happen again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by explosion987 View Post
    Good. I don't want them focusing on the past. I want them to keep up the momentum they have with Legion.
    What momentum? 7.1? A mini raid, a few more quest lines for Suramar and Illidan, and a raid we're getting a few weeks later? And where's Nighthold... even Blackrock Foundry was released before 6.1 In February 2015, where 6.1 was at the end of Feb. And I'm not counting the other little Improvements which are just quality of life Improvements that should've been here since Legion launched.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    They've never really given us a true no, it has mostly been we want to do it but don't have the code, which turns out to be a lie because they had it all along. At this point I'd feel a No is way more satisfying than a Yes XD
    Minus the metadata for everything prior to 1.12, which means we'd be stuck on last patch for the entire life of the server. Everyone likes to pretend this issue doesn't exist though.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    What momentum? 7.1? A mini raid, a few more quest lines for Suramar and Illidan, and a raid we're getting a few weeks later? And where's Nighthold... even Blackrock Foundry was released before 6.1 In February 2015, where 6.1 was at the end of Feb. And I'm not counting the other little Improvements which are just quality of life Improvements that should've been here since Legion launched.
    Are you kidding. Are you seriously trying to compare 6.1 to 7.1? Yeah I'll stop taking you seriously methinks.

New world quests
    Continuation of Suramar Campaign
    Class tweaks
    Mini events such as Alcaz Island
    Trial of Valor filler raid
    Karazhan Mythic dungeon
    Quality of Life tweaks and social tweaks
    Blood of Sargeras trader
    Changes to PvP including updated visuals on Nagrand Arena.

A selfie camera and twitter integration
    Models that should have been done for launch
    More facebook game content
    Heirloom update that was supposed to be done for launch if I recall
    Class tweaks
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-10-25 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    For how long? A week? A month?

A project like this would require hundreds of thousands of people to keep paying and playing for at least a couple years to justify its existence and cost.
    That might very well be the case, but if it's too expensive for Blizzard I really think they should let the Nostalrius guys do it instead since when they do it the cost is pretty much non existent. It's a game that can't be played in any other way after all. Hell smack on a sub fee on the damn thing and send the money straight to Blizzard.

I go back to Skyrim and the KOTOR games all the time and play through them. People still play D2 although D3 is out, Runescape, Everquest, there are so many examples of old games and even older versions of games being preferred over the newer versions or sequels that it's not insane to think that it's something that many gamers would enjoy.

Never been so hyped to un-sub from this shit.

Who the hell gives an absoleute crap about legacy servers?

Its not the kinda dank shit people honestly like to believe it is.

Theres a *reason* they said "you think you do but you dont" nostralius had what, nearly 1 million people by the end? Thats nice.

The remaining 11.5 Didnt give a fuck enough to go back to Vanillia and probably wouldnt if they wanted to, screw, Vanillia, okay?

Move on.

I think it was smart for Blizzard to release a statement beforehand so people would not be disappointed when the topic of Legacy Servers is not brought up. I never played on a private server, but I do hope that one day Blizzard is able to make it happen, as I would roll a toon for fun. However, I think Blizzcon is suppose to highlight new announcements and upcoming content. They just started talking about Legacy Servers this past summer.. no way they are ready to release anything in the next year. So any mention of it from Blizzard would be exactly what they said ... "We are working on it.. more soon". I mean what else can you say that would not be leading people on or viewed as a false promise down the line if it doesn't happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    At least the rage from the 10 people that care will be entertaining for a short time.
    You mean 100,000+

But ya so the Nostrleious (sp) people will just put the servers up in Russia like they planned and allow people to join it, maybe even charge for it. When Blizzard sees how popular and profitable it is, they will be like, hmm maybe we should have done this.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    At least the rage from the 10 people that care will be entertaining for a short time.
    Pretty much. Either subs really have increased to over 5 million, thereby making those 10 people who care about legacy servers 100% irrelevant, or subs are still around 3 million, making those 10 people 99.99% irrelevant.

Upgrade your phone and your life.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================