New Pvp Alt! Need opinions

Wanna start another alt for purely pvp only, I am more of a RBG player but if i do any arenas it will be 2's priority

Leaning towards a range so heres where i need pro's and cons and then viability in the RBG setting

1. Desto Lock
    2. Shadow Priest

If i somehow get convinced to go melee im interested in:

3. Unholy DK
    4. Prot Pally? (For RBGs
    5. Warrior

I already have Druid/Mage/Shammy

Thank you for the help guys!

Not shadow, not prot paladin (they are surprisingly ok right now, but that's not going to last). Other choices are fine. If you pick unholy DK, you are going to target call, if you aren't ready for that, pick something else. Your alts have many specs that are doing well, too.

Arena 2s are a funny bracket with three types of matches: (a) double-dps vs healer-dps - the first try to burst, the second try to survive, the match is quick, (b) double-dps vs double-dps - everybody throw everything and the kitchen sink onto the other team, the match is quick, the losing pair is going to rage and complain a lot, (c) healer-dps vs healer-dps - a very boring encounter which only ends with the debuff, the match is long, if the losing pair loses a couple of such matches in a row, one of them is likely to harm the monitor (great for component vendors).

Quote Originally Posted by Visagex View Post
    1. Desto Lock
    2. Shadow Priest
    If you roll either of those, you can give up on 2's. I played shadow priest in 2's before rerolling a mage and it was miserable. You can't kite even a retribution paladin. And at around 2k rating people stop being retarded and start killing your psyfiend, which makes killing anyone, especially when being trained, much harder, and the only way you can hope to win is when the enemy healer runs out of mana or is overwhelmed by your pressure. But that's not going to happen if you play against an assassination rogue (90% of 2v2 for me now), since he'll outdamage you as you are trained, and will probably kill you quickly.
    As for destruction warlocks, the ones I played against (very few) were very easy opponents, both as shadow priest and frost mage. Shadow priest is really strong in 3v3, though.

As for rated battlegrounds, I'm not sure about destro warlocks (never played one), but shadow priests are pretty strong there. Just dot up everything and watch the meters explode without being filled with fake data (like boomkins' starfall hitting non-players). Though melee will make your life miserable here as well, and even though you're strong, you'll find it very unfun. Or at least I did.

Deleted
    As i main shadow and reached several glad titles with it, to me personally, this is the worst expansion i've played so far as one.

Don't get my wrong it's really strong in 3v3 bracket but for that you need above average team to shine.
    Since you are considering spec i suggest to pick something else.

as your goal is 2v2 then be ready to play damp mind games coz you won't be killing anything in first few mins and your healer will be close to a stroke when facing competent team.

Random battleground makes me wanna gauge my eyes out... also scrap dueling from your to do list.

back to 2s now... if this is your primary goal i suggest unholy DK (that thing also needs some buffs but it's light years ahead of shadow in 2s)

p.s. keep in mind that disc is quite strong (personal opininon) and shadow might get some rework in next month or two