Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by karasique View Post
    Which are these anyway? Elemental, survival (has a lot of utility), affliction, ???
    If I was making an M+ run as a tank, i'd rather have a DK over:

Surv hunter, ele shammy, ret pally, affli lock, and prolly a demo lock, fury warrior and a feral.

But then again I am biased)

Doing a court 11+ without an AoE Stun, AoE Silence (class or Racial), AoE Grip is a headache.

Its just dungeon design, I would take a Frost DK over an Unholy for all dungeons and thats 100% because of the AoE stun and he doesnt lose his cleave/AoE DPS when he Controls Undead in BRH, not to mention the constant AoE snaring.

I generally do M+ with guild groups so I'm okay, but yeah sometimes it's a struggle if I try to pug it.

I really do wish UH had something more to offer in the terms of utility for a dungeon group, frost at least has a couple of things going for it. I really don't understand some of the class decisions made for DKs this expansion, beyond the normal balancing issues.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    Any leader who don't accept a DK(when they meet the iLvl requirements)is pure trash. That is how you should see it.

I get it, like everyone likes a Monk in the group but that is about it.
    No not really. I think you see most people playing this game as trash actually. Maybe you are one of those.
    It's pretty understable that most leader won't take a DK over a Enhanc/Mage/Monk/DH/Hunt (Oh wait that's already more than 3 dps already).

My UH wep/trinkets are unreal, I pull some pretty respectable #'s. +10 dps no prob. But cannot ever find group.

I que up as Blood in same gear and clear +9's all week with pugs, insta que.

unfortunate if you wanna do Mythics go tank, set your loot to unholy.

People are obsessed with ilvl, they will take anything 870+, which 50% of the time if just some random scrub who got lucky drops.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by drbatman View Post
    My UH wep/trinkets are unreal, I pull some pretty respectable #'s. +10 dps no prob. But cannot ever find group.

I que up as Blood in same gear and clear +9's all week with pugs, insta que.

unfortunate if you wanna do Mythics go tank, set your loot to unholy.

People are obsessed with ilvl, they will take anything 870+, which 50% of the time if just some random scrub who got lucky drops.
    Welcome to PuG . Where Ilvl/achievement are your tickets to content in World of Warcraft . Or else "find a guild"

Quote Originally Posted by drbatman View Post
    How do you tell whether its a scrub on LFG list? I mean, outside of ilvl. Copy his name and search for his Ursoc mythic combat log?

DKs have a reputation (stigma?) and its not stellar.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenekz View Post
    It's pretty understable that most leader won't take a DK over a Enhanc/Mage/Monk/DH/Hunt (Oh wait that's already more than 3 dps already).
    If the "leader" has this opinion, one of two things is true;

1) he/she is an idiot
    2) he/she has not played with a good DK

standard practice for any Mythic 9/10/11+ is

1) Make sure you have a Lust
    2) Make sure you have 2 AoE Stuns
    3) Try and get a Bres
    4) 2 Melee max

The Majority of specs have good AoE/Cleave so outside of Feral druid you generally dont have to be picky looking for a "cleaver", and when you grab someone out of group finder your not really expecting a 95+ percentiel player your expecting someone who is 75-85 percentile and generally will perform 5-10 ilvl below what there gear lvl says.

Thats just being realistic when Pugging.

With that being the case i generally dont even bother queing as DPS anymore because... I dont like waiting and looking for 1 hr outside of a guild group.

so with that being said as a blood DK using 2 Unholy legendaries (lol) i generally look for

1) Shaman/Paladin/Monk/Priest healer (i tend to avoid druids as there bad at dealing with spike dmg)
    2) WW Monk / DH / FDK (all 3 have excellent no-cd required cleave and AoE stun) DK also has Bres (horde so the DH will always have stun+BE silence)
    3) Hunter (misdirect is extremely valuable to a low mobility tank) and 90% are BE as well so thats generally 2 AoE silence in my group
    4) Lust DPS (if the healer is not a shaman) so basicly Fire Mage / DPS shaman
    Last edited by Baddok21; 2016-10-25 at 02:44 PM.

872 Unholy. Didn't get taken, deliberately, to the first M+10 "in-time" clear my guild did despite helping them level the keystone to that point.

I still get taken to raids despite being several thousand DPS behind everyone else. My best trinkets just aren't dropping. Feels DK man.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenekz View Post
    Welcome to PuG . Where Ilvl/achievement are your tickets to content in World of Warcraft . Or else "find a guild"
    Honestly, I am loving PuGing so far this xpac.

Pugged 7/7 Heroic EN on week 2

clear heroic/en every week in pugs. almost every one has been great. everybody on discord, group kinda self prunes itself throughout a clear, which is admittedly longer in a pug.

I pugged as a tank with a guild, who was first time in heroic and got them a bunch of kills, they were pumped, it was very fun!

clear +9's all the time, I'd rather run them with a pug then guildies, cuz if a run goes really shitty it doesnt matter. got to 2 +10 last bosses this week with pugs, but could not finish.

As a player who solo'd 90% of the time, pug/group finder and unbelievable

you just gotta pick the right groups/people and usually the description alone is good enough indicator "H xav, 875+ only, 400dps OR KICK, must have mythic tichrondruis achiev, 6k arena rating, 10 legendaries, NO BADs OR KICK, BIG DICKS"

Pretty much only do M+ with guild and am always a first-pick option to go into 10+. It's about personal player skill and group synergy. We might not be as good as a WW or DH but frankly beyond that DKs are just fine.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goriander View Post
    I mainly play blood in dungeons and sometimes have to pug 1-2 dps players. The only time I've invited a DK was a 884 UH from a top 5 guild but even he was pretty useless compared to a 880 hunter so that should give you a general idea of the state of DKs. There's no reason to invite a DK over any other class because DKs don't excel at anything, they deal mediocre damage and have close to no utility and it's a pain in the ass waiting for them in dungeons like Vault because they're so slow (I've invested a small fortune in skystep potions so my groups don't need to wait 30 secs before every pull).

Don't take it personally if you get declined, you probably wouldn't (and shouldn't) invite a DK either.
    I play a monk tank with a hunter and a enhance shaman friend in mythic dungeons regularly. When we got a non-druid pug healer I'll happily invite a reasonably geared damage dk for the battlerez alone. They do fine damage IMHO, just nothing out of the ordinary, grip still has its uses, but a battlerez, especially on a dps, is really nice IMHO, if somehow the healer goes down or even the tank.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Yep it is not good. Since I have got the bracers, I have not been beaten in total dps in any m+. But I miss the Aoe stun frost has being unholy. But we can spec for spammable outbreak slow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PassingBy View Post
    If I was making an M+ run as a tank, i'd rather have a DK over:

Surv hunter, ele shammy, ret pally, affli lock, and prolly a demo lock, fury warrior and a feral.

But then again I am biased)
    Yeah affly lock is totally a shit, specially for clearing big pack of adds, and hell they need so much healing, they just put too much pressure overall
    /S

Deleted
    Haven't had much issues, I consistently run M+ with my guild's main tank and main healer (Both druids). Although then, my guild is only 7/7 HC and we have 4 dps DKs (3 UH, 1 Frost) constantly on the top 10 if sometimes not the top 6 dpsers on each boss.

I have friends who play Rogues and Mages who also get declined and they are in 860's ....

i get declines on DK and Spreist , ilvl 855 and 853 sometimes they are just looking for specific class maybe for hero or paladin buffs but i think it is also because DK are probably the slowest characters in the game now