Page 1 of 2
LastLast

If you could rework Gift of the Queen what would you change it to?

The big AOE heal is kinda boring i'm interested to see some peoples ideas...

My idea? I have so many but I will just use the simplest one

Gift of the Queen:
    Spawns the ghost of the queen. The queen will stand by your side healing the most injured party/raid members within 20 yards of you for 10 seconds. 2 second cast / 1minute cooldown.

Gives us a little extra mobility also would just fit the shaman "theme" to just always be protected by you know like the elements and shit..? Yeah

btw buff elemental

15+ Year Old Account
    I actually quite like our artifact skill. A large heal that directly heals a big amount of HP (in a certain area) is something that really adds well into our toolkit. Yes, it's nothing fancy but I prefer something useful over something fancy at any given time.
    R.A.I.D - Resto at its destiny

My issue with that suggestion is that the Queen isn't dead.

Sorry, anything related to Queen Azshara is bollocks for Shamans. We have exactly no lore-similarities with Azshara. Even that we got her Scepter is a bit... odd (that's why I don't like the idea of spawning her next to you).

I think Gift of the Queen is more of the same and pretty underwhelming when we look at our toolkit. I'd rather make it an AoE smart heal like Circle of Healing (that's where we're lacking) instead of another Healing Rain like ground target AoE.

A bit more interaction with our actual toolkit would be nice as well - e.g. increases the healing of Riptide / Healing Stream Totem / Healing Tide Totem on the targets by 20% or something like that.

Right now Gift of the Queen is... meh.

Deleted
    I find Gift pretty good but Tidal Totem and Queen's decree contribute way too little for golden traits. Usually they dont even reach 2% together.

Deleted
    How the hell is it bad?

It heals for 3/4ths of a healing surge, hits up to 6 people, costs no mana, and adds another 10% max health in addition to our talent(good for mythic ursoc @ 30%, or when doing the 10 slime aoe on myth ilgynoth).

Your suggestion to replace it is complete shit, go ask holy priests how they like their artifact power.

Quote Originally Posted by Madhoof View Post
    Yes, it's nothing fancy but I prefer something useful over something fancy at any given time.
    Why not useful and fancy?

15+ Year Old Account
    Well of course, but if I would have to decide between those two ....
    R.A.I.D - Resto at its destiny

I wish it was a real tank cool down instead which is what we are really lacking. Spirit link is really good but it really isn't a dedicated tank cool down.

I mained my shammy back in BC but for the last several years normally play my resto druid. With the Legion changes to enh though I'm playing my shaman again...so this is coming from someone who has played extensively as a druid over the years.

The shaman artifact spell seems weak as piss compared to the druid one..simple as that. I dont think it does enough to warrant its CD combined with the fact that it isn't instant. I like the big, placed AoE like it is...but it'd be a great addition to the shaman toolkit imo if it had a delayed affect. A targeted raid/tank CD.

"The living waters of Azeroth crash over the targeted area swirling around and protecting living targets bathed in their power.. increasing max life Y% for Z seconds and healing X amount...if no healing is needed targets are protected by the waters until X amount is reached."

Basically anyone hit has max life increased for a set amount of time and healing is either immediately applied or banked as an absorb lasting however long.
    Last edited by Nithian; 2016-10-25 at 06:10 PM.

I am Druid - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by starboy View Post
    Why not useful and fancy?
    Youd have to play a game with better class design for that. WoW class design targets the mundane.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Sorry, anything related to Queen Azshara is bollocks for Shamans. We have exactly no lore-similarities with Azshara. Even that we got her Scepter is a bit... odd (that's why I don't like the idea of spawning her next to you)
    Have you even heard of water, bruh
    disco inferno

I really like the current active. Wouldn't change it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by fluttershypony View Post
    Your suggestion to replace it is complete shit, go ask holy priests how they like their artifact power.
    As a Holy Priest, I can only bitterly laugh at the stupidity of anyone WANTING to be more like us. OP, just be happy with what you have. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by vulena View Post
    Have you even heard of water, bruh
    What has it to do with water? Because Shamans manipulate water and Azshara did this as well (though not as a Shaman but as a Sorceress). We already discussed the lore issues regarding our Artifact months ago.

I find the ability to be hit and miss. As mentioned, on some fights like Ursoc or Ilgynoth it's great, but in others, like Dragons of Nightmare, I rarely touch it. I think I would prefer something a little more versatile, usable on many fights.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    What has it to do with water? Because Shamans manipulate water and Azshara did this as well (though not as a Shaman but as a Sorceress). We already discussed the lore issues regarding our Artifact months ago.
    Yeah if only we were a water-manipulating spec using a scepter with the waters from the Well of Eternity, now that would be something.

Obviously there's no direct lore for Shamans specifically, it's about the element involved.

Duh?
    disco inferno

Quote Originally Posted by vulena View Post
    Yeah if only we were a water-manipulating spec using a scepter with the waters from the Well of Eternity, now that would be something.

Obviously there's no direct lore for Shamans specifically, it's about the element involved.

Duh?
    The Well of Eternity was made of arcane powers and consisted of "arcane water" and not the "natural", elemental ressource that we're using.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    As a Holy Priest, I can only bitterly laugh at the stupidity of anyone WANTING to be more like us. OP, just be happy with what you have. Seriously.
    Yes, please, the little baby Naaru that might or might not show up and does pitiful piddly nothing when it does? Be happy with what you have. If you want to suggest an upgrade, have it target off the person. The holy priest initial ability... is somewhere between meh and "we got an initial ability? what was that?".

Gift of the Queen is such a mixed bag...

1. At times it feels really good to use, especially on (Mythic) Ursoc where I've seen it go off for ~1.5mil, but doesn't really fill a niche in our toolkit. It's been more of a "ok cool this doesn't cost mana and it heals for about the same as Chain Heal." So basically a "free" Chain Heal every minute on a fight where you could use it effectively.
    2. Compared to other healers I have played at 110, the power level feels about average. Definitely below Druid and Paladin but above Priest and Monk.
    3. Certain fights render it pretty useless, Il'gynoth being the prime standout example.
    4. In terms of our "package" of Golden Traits, it's sadly better than both Tidal Pools and QA.

Like others have said, a tank cooldown would be amazing, but I think that might round us out a bit too much since they seem to want every healer to have an Achilles' heel of sorts.