Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ret trinket help

Hey all been simming a few trinkets can't come up with which to use. All are relatively even.
    FCM- 845 socket
    Memento- 850
    Ettin fingernail- 860
    Ursocs- 850
    Horn of valor- 845 socket

Currently using memento and FCM but considering switching the memento and fingernail.

Ettin fingernail- 860
    FCM- 845 socket

Ettin Fingernail + Ursoc for the really awsome stg.
    Ettin + Horn of Valor to pop with Crusade. But here is the deal, what if in a Nythendra fight u pop Horn + Crusade and get a rot debuff? I prefer my Ettin + Ursoc 855, or Hunger of the Pack 850

- - - Updated - - -

Also, ursoc 's been buffed. Maybe it is worth it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Balinos View Post
    Also, ursoc 's been buffed. Maybe it is worth it now.
    Source on this?

It has been buffed but it's still awful. Was doing heroic EN last night and it was still only around 2% of my dps.

Wasn't a buff. Was just a tooltip change. Still same damage.

FCM always takes one of the slots, the only discussion is the other. (And it's not Horn.)

Sim, but I'd imagine it's Ettin Fingernail.

I was lucky enough to get some nice stat sticks. Here's my trinkets

825 FCM
    855 str/haste stat stick
    855 str/versa stat stick
    840 Horn of Valor
    850 Ursoc's
    880 Nyth Trinket (haste/aoe on use)
    840 Nightmare eggshell (str/haste proc)

Right now I am using both stat sticks, is FCM really that good? I see the on use effect doing 2-3% on our Mythic Ursoc pulls tonight. It is of course macro'd in with wings.
    With both stat sticks equipped im sitting at 25/25 haste/crit which is nice. 865 ilvl.
    Last edited by Calimon-ZJ; 2016-10-27 at 08:52 AM.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calimon-ZJ View Post
    is FCM really that good?
    Yes: http://i.imgur.com/Phi58ru.png

Both* FCM and HoV are supposed to be used with Crusade, it's like strapping a nuke to your nuke.

You may want to sim it though to see if your FCM is better than your HoV due to level diff.

*NOT both together OFC.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm using 850 Hunger of the Pack and 840 Chrono Shard. I do have an 840 Chaos Talisman, not sure if it is better than the Chrono Shard though. have been trying for ages to get FCM or HoV but no luck.

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OsX9HAg9z8 this video is interesting

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post

Both* FCM and HoV are supposed to be used with Crusade, it's like strapping a nuke to your nuke.

You may want to sim it though to see if your FCM is better than your HoV due to level diff.

*NOT both together OFC.
    Interesting, I don't see the Unstable Arcanocrystal on your list, and I've been given to understand it's a pretty good trinket for ret

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by drakonblayde View Post
    Interesting, I don't see the Unstable Arcanocrystal on your list, and I've been given to understand it's a pretty good trinket for ret
    This reply is about Ettin's fingernail not Arcano (conversation switched between the two and I didn't realise)

My guess would be it hadn't been seen when the list was made or the creator simply didn't ism it.

However as it's basically an str trinket with three stats on it then it's unlikely to be better that a WQ str one with one (good) stat, or the str/crit one from halls.
    Last edited by caervek; 2016-11-04 at 04:39 PM.

My guess would be it hadn't been seen when the list was made or the creator simply didn't ism it.

However as it's basically an str trinket with three stats on it then it's unlikely to be better that a WQ str one with one (good) stat, or the str/crit one from halls.
    That sim list is old, Top trinket is FCM, Arcanocrystal is second, Swarming plaguehive was also a contender for second spot but dont know anymore after patch since it was changed to not proc on judgement. New trinket sims will most likely be up in a few days from people on the discord

Hey man, for ret paladins FCM trinket is the best choice of ALL trinkets in slot 1 for almost all fights(as someone was saying, getting rot on nythendra fucks you up pretty bad, but if you feel you have good RNG go for it anyway), it has a very very good synergy with Crusade.

I did some sims with an 865 FCM and then some other trinkets i thought would be useful
    I simmed it with my own personal gear except the trinkets so be vary it might not be the exact amount for you but its a good start

Here's my armory

Quote Originally Posted by Putisa View Post
    s(as someone was saying, getting rot on nythendra fucks you up pretty bad, but if you feel you have good RNG go for it anyway),
    Not only that, in Ursoc if u need to run away, u also loose it. That is why i prefer to use Ethin ilvl 860+ Hunger of the Pack Ilvl 850 for the fixed stats. There is no way i ll loose dps in any situiation. But if u pop crusade + FCM or horn, man the damage is absurd.

I got an 880 Ettin last night, pairing it with 545 FCM at the moment. Other options are 855 Darkmoon Deck and 880 Nature's call, but I'm pretty sure NC is garbo no matter what.

*NOT both together OFC.
    I've seen the trinkets list, I'm asking why fcm is on top when it only does 2-3% of my damage. average was about 320k dps per ursoc pull and it usually did about 700-900k damage total. Seems really low to me.

Deleted
    Not sure if it was simmed or not but i just picked up a Mythic TF Bloodstained Handkerchief from Kara, i cant link but basically adds a constant ticking garotte debuff to the target that ticks for ~12k every 3 seconds until the boss dies.

Has a big chunk of strength on it so would assume this would be pretty good for us or am I wrong?

I've seen the trinkets list, I'm asking why fcm is on top when it only does 2-3% of my damage. average was about 320k dps per ursoc pull and it usually did about 700-900k damage total. Seems really low to me.
    That seems FREAKISHLY low. My 845 FCM pulled ~5% of my DPS totaling 4M damage on H Ursoc.

My 865 Swarming Plaguemind did 3.25M or 4% of my damage.

That's really low. Brittle is usually 4 to 5% of my damage. Looking over my logs for Ursoc last night (took a few pulls), it was consistently worth between 3 and 4 million damage.

- - - Updated - - -

You're kidding right? Over +800 of every single DPS secondary stat is a whole lot better than a Str stat stick. The only problem with Arcanocrystal is that it drops from Withered Jim, so you only have a roll and bonus roll chance at it about once every 3 months