Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Anardel View Post
    For me it's proccing a lot but the proc only last for... 2 seconds maybe? if you delay it for 2 GCDs it disappears :S It's really weird.
    Yeah, that's my only issue with it. And that it procs when Blade of Justice is not even on Cooldown.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Loewenherz View Post
    Thank you very much.

It sims higher for me as well at 22-23% haste and 29% crit. The more interesting thing is that haste jumps in my statpriority from dead last with VB to very strong wit BoW (right after vers, slightly stronger than crit).
    SimCraft does have a breakpoint at 19% and 24% haste(and 29% I think) - Haste tends to be higher when you are near a breakpoint (the 24% one in your case)

Deleted
    @Leyru
    Wouldn't that breakpoint be the same with VB?

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it procs as often as Art of War did and the fact it boosts HP generation it works great with crusade making it more viable in PVP with the bonus effect of Blade of Justice honor talent its makes it even better.

BoW sims 1.5K DPS higher for me even at 35% crit. Is VB dead, then?

You will have to sim your character to tell which one is better to take.

At my gear level, BoW is about a 12kDPS increase over VB. This is at 20% crit and 26.8% haste. Your haste%, and especially your crit% will change which one pulls out ahead. At higher crit levels, VB will eventually edge out BoW.

Like most things, running sims and testing are the only ways to know for sure.

VB is dead as #$$#&^.
    It needs 20000 crit to catch up with BoW

Quote Originally Posted by Anardel View Post
    For me it's proccing a lot but the proc only last for... 2 seconds maybe? if you delay it for 2 GCDs it disappears :S It's really weird.
    Yep happened same for me multiple time, my guess when your ability gets reserted its CD, proc disappears since you cant have 2x stacks on our attack, thats purely my speculation, i didnt really test it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    I find it procs as often as Art of War did and the fact it boosts HP generation it works great with crusade making it more viable in PVP with the bonus effect of Blade of Justice honor talent its makes it even better.
    Yeh i felt the same way, even though i am yet to test it, i will try to do 2s tonight and give it a shot, since in 3s still 2 much Inc cc to make it viable but in 2s when facing slow KT that you can stick too (none MW. Rdrood. WW) then i think with new BoW Crusader might be viable and VERY scary for the other guy lol, cant wait to try it out.

Anyone got any tips on how to track procs using weakauras? Is there any way to make an alert when BoW procs, and not just when Blade of Justice comes off CD?

Like the new BoW, but the proocs feel weird. At the start of a fight you'll get back to back proocs and then nothing for 30-40 seconds.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

I really like the change but it does suck when you dont get procs for a while but its nice during burst when you can get a bunch of TV's off

15+ Year Old Account
    does anyone know how to make this show on weak auras?

I like it, procs seem very sporadic but I like the bit of RNG melded into the rotation. Before this it felt too stale.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like ret and RNG have never mixed well in any form, you either get a proc train, or you get 2 minutes of 0 procs. I miss the old BoW and I feel like the change should've been made for VB instead. Don't get me wrong, I like it but I miss the dot and reliable CD of the old BoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanthoris View Post
    I feel like ret and RNG have never mixed well in any form, you either get a proc train, or you get 2 minutes of 0 procs. I miss the old BoW and I feel like the change should've been made for VB instead. Don't get me wrong, I like it but I miss the dot and reliable CD of the old BoW.
    So much this. I cannot comprehend why they changed BoW which worked perfectly and made our rotation fluid, reliable and fast paced, instead of the shitty VB which does absolutely nothing to improve our rotation, just makes it slow and boring.

I'm seeing a LOT of procs from BoW; so many, in fact, that I'm convinced it's going to be nerfed in short order.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriandus View Post
    I'm seeing a LOT of procs from BoW; so many, in fact, that I'm convinced it's going to be nerfed in short order.
    Better not be. It's really fun. I think that was the purpose of changing this talent though, to bring back some of the procs that people liked. So maybe it won't be.

I'm seeing an impossibly retarded Divine Hammer bug in action. It's so retarded, in fact, that I'm convinced it's going to be fixed in short order.

10+ Year Old Account
    The dot was cool for PvP, I will miss that aspect of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    Pretty sad when being deathgripped is my most reliable gap closer! THAT is some BS too.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloriandus View Post
    You will see a lot of procs, but its mostly a placebo IMO, lets look at it via a napkin:

A guy above said he has 35% crit and BoW is still outperforming VB, so lets use 35% crit as an example, if a person has 35% crit that means that they essentially have a 35% chance for their BoJ to deal it's damage twice, so basically 35% more BoJ hits. If they take VB then they essentially have a second 35% chance for their BoJ to deal it's damage twice, so basically 70% more BoJ hits.

Considering VB is essentially giving people additional BoJ hits, the same thing BoW is essentially doing, it means that you will see quite a few procs. Obviously these additional BoJ procs can crit and so you need less than 35% more BoJ's to outperform 35% crit. So breaking out an additional Napkin:

I have 27% crit, so VB would ~ give me 27% more BoJ hits so ~27% extra damage, by comparison with BoW I have X additional hits which have a 27% chance to crit. That means I need ~22 extra hits to deal 27% extra damage.

Obviously this is basic moron math done by an idiot who has been up all night and it doesn't take into consideration extra TV's due to the extra HP (which take up GCDs so less CS/Zeal).

I'm tired.