Frost x Unholy (Patch 7.1)

Hi guys,

So, after the 7.1 patch i was testing my DPS on dummy to check my DPS with the Deathcoil buff, and i was doing around 260k (Apocalipse 893 and 865 ilvl).
    Then i switchted to Frost (Blades 876 and ilvl 863) doing around 250k.
    PS: Apocalipse 25 traits / Blades 14 traits

You guys think Frost is more viable than Unholy now?

Are you sure you're playing both specs at the same skill level?

Quote Originally Posted by Coldvibes View Post
    Are you sure you're playing both specs at the same skill level?
    I think i am! Althought i won't discard the possibility to be doing something wrong.
    Both test were around 30 mins dummy.

Quote Originally Posted by spark03 View Post
    I think i am! Althought i won't discard the possibility to be doing something wrong.
    Both test were around 30 mins dummy.
    You spent 30 minutes whacking a dummy for testing each spec? Damn son. If you wanna test dps on dummies then you might as well run sims.

We will wait ~2 weeks and we'll know which class is performing better with logs. Hopefully we'll get a decent amount of parses for Frost this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    You spent 30 minutes whacking a dummy for testing each spec? Damn son. If you wanna test dps on dummies then you might as well run sims.

We will wait ~2 weeks and we'll know which class is performing better with logs. Hopefully we'll get a decent amount of parses for Frost this time around.
    Don't get me wrong.
    Just trying to get your guys opinion on Frost after the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by spark03 View Post
    Don't get me wrong.
    Just trying to get your guys opinion on Frost after the patch.
    It's about as good as Unholy post patch. Since they broke Frostscythe based play on Single Target then Frost no longer has as much passive cleave and it's burst AoE outside of Sindragosa is likely to be weaker than a DT with BS/IC but you can now play Frost without feeling guilty about it.

Frost is now competitive, whether one is 2 or 3% ahead doesnt matter. Pick which you enjoy, you'll dps more dps just from comfortability. At the least frost is viable finally.