15+ Year Old Account

Old War vs Prolonged Power?

For assass, specifically EP/AP build, which is better? Pre pot with prolonged power and use old war on hero? vice versa?

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

15+ Year Old Account
    It depends on if Old War procs its damage from DoT ticks or not. I'm really not sure.

Old War doesn't actually mimic attacks - it just has a chance on hits you make to deal damage. From what I have heard there is no ICD, which means it's still going to be better for Outlaw due to the fact that you are spamming SS and RT every GCD for its duration because you use it with CDs up. Lots of hits = lots of procs.

If the pot procs from DoT ticks then it will probably still win for Assass as well. If not, then I am fairly certain ProPo will be the weapon of choice .
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Old War was winning out in every scenario I simmed with on AMR.

Sorry, I should clarify that this was for Assassination.
    Last edited by Generical; 2016-10-26 at 10:10 PM.
    -Insert witty signature here-

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    It depends on if Old War procs its damage from DoT ticks or not. I'm really not sure.

Old War doesn't actually mimic attacks - it just has a chance on hits you make to deal damage. From what I have heard there is no ICD, which means it's still going to be better for Outlaw due to the fact that you are spamming SS and RT every GCD for its duration because you use it with CDs up. Lots of hits = lots of procs.

If the pot procs from DoT ticks then it will probably still win for Assass as well. If not, then I am fairly certain ProPo will be the weapon of choice .
    Old War uses PPM so the only differences to its damage are going to come from stats (crit/haste/versa) as well as class buffs that affect those stats or global damage (e.g. agonizing poison).

I think Prolonged is fairly close right now, but will quickly be outscaled by Old War.

Prolongued Power seemed to be pretty strong on my raid today, I have no way to compare it to Old War but my deeps was in pretty good shape torughout. Also Prolongued Power is awesomesauce in Mythic+, stuff can be kept on a 100% uptime basicaly, you'll spend like 25 pots in 1 run but they are basically free right now. If Old War turns out to be better I will use them only when progression is pretty far along and tries might actualy become kills and use Prolongued Power for every other pull and on farm because they're free pots.
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2016-10-26 at 04:43 AM.