Demo pvp hotfix nerf

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/7...es-october-25/

(Demonology) Doom, Doubled now increases the damage of Doom by 33% in PvP situations.
    (Demonology) Grimoire of Synergy increases the Warlock's and Pet's damage by 30% in PvP situations.
    (Demonology) Implosion damage reduced by 20% in PvP situations.

Doom Not So Doubled.

7.1 is basically a HUGE NERF to demo pvp and survivability and half of it doesn't even appear in the ptr patch notes.

Deleted
    So basically they gutted the implosion built and promote the pets all around builds (or zoo or whatever). Meh tbh i havent played much pvp in legion to know if all this was needed, but the all around nerfs most classes got, in combination with the warrior buffs seem to scary. Warriors allready do crazy dmg...and here i was hoping they will revert the 66% dmg red of TKC in pvp...:P

Deleted
    Something tells me a demolock hurt a melee. Can't have that.

They don;t "balance" PVP

They just pander and react to the loudest complaints

PVP is dominated by melee classes, who never get nerfs like this

Amazing how they had the whole of the ptr and then slap in a huge hotfix like this within hours of live

Liek I said, guarantee it is nothing to do with numbers and everything to do with melee whining.

They do not aim for balance.They aim to please the largest numbe rof subscribers

And probably some of the thinking was, demo is way better than affliction for pvp too many peopel are choosing it, what to do?I know, lets make demo shittier

It's always a race to the bottom
    Last edited by mmoc7a6bdbfc72; 2016-10-26 at 07:49 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    Something tells me a demolock hurt a melee. Can't have that.

They don;t "balance" PVP

They just pander and react to the loudest complaints

PVP is dominated by melee classes, who never get nerfs like this

Amazing how they had the whole of the ptr and then slap in a huge hotfix like this within hours of live

Liek I said, guarantee it is nothing to do with numbers and everything to do with melee whining.

They do not aim for balance.They aim to please the largest numbe rof subscribers

And probably some of the thinking was, demo is way better than affliction for pvp too many peopel are choosing it, what to do?I know, lets make demo shittier

It's always a race to the bottom
    Destruction got buffed in pvp though..and the zoo spec for demo should still work. I am curious about the doom doubled trait though if the 33% dmg increase happens allways or if its still a chance (like in pve). Seems like its allways.

To be fair, demo oneshots, even in high rated pvp were retarded.
    <inactive>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    To be fair, demo oneshots, even in high rated pvp were retarded.
    The thing is that the massive buff to destruction in pvp (because chaos bolt talent in 7.1 is hillarious) in combination with the demo nerf in pvp, practicaly makes destro the best spec for like everything in the game. Atm it doesnt seem to follow the "strongest spec will stay the strongest one" theme. might as well give a free ap transfer so we can all just go destruction lol