Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    If people are quitting i think its due to them being tired of the same old song & dance, which is understandable.
    Which is why we need the dance studio.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    WoD was an oppritunity missed. I can see why blizz decided to give up half-way through development.

However, for your examples of legion, I'm sitting here going "WHAT"!

The world quests might not be the greatest, but it's still content. Hell, I remembered doing re-hashed stuff from the leveling process plenty of times at max lvl during old expansions. Legion is no different, but at the same time..it is. Atleast I get something good from it. :/

The loot system? WTF! I see no problems in the loot system. All I see is a loot system WoD created, and that was personal. I love the personal loot system, and I love some of the other loot systems as well. But, I do have problems with it, not everything is perfect.

RNG is RNG! Nothing new. During WoD, I either got nothing from some bosses, or the same fucking thing from others. :/ Why does legion fail at this one thing? TBC had the rng sadness, wrath did, cata did, as well as other expacs. The RNG system was same shit back then, and still is today. No reason to complain now.
    Considering you have to do 2/3 of the quests to even hit max level to turn around and see exactly the same thing makes it old. Sure dailies were the same thing, but at least it was something different for the first few weeks. What makes it worse is the quests were so limited that you leveled on them and then Wq were the same ones over an over.

Only good thing with the current loot system is the Personal loot and it has glaring holes in it that makes me wonder how much actual thought went into it. The RNG system is the worst its has ever been and its in every little aspect in the game. From the crafting (im lookin at you Nomi), the gearing, the quests and dungeons, to not being able to play your spec because for the past week your still without a Holy Relic when you need 4, any four.

10+ Year Old Account
    IDK guys.. I see a LOT more people playing on my realm than throughout most of WoD. I mean, in every Legion zone there are at least 8-10 at each WQ location, sometimes more. In WoD, I could go to Tanaan and barely meet 3-4 players (maybe) the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    And if you think the real problem is the people who don't agree with you on how shitty the game is or isn't then I would suggest finding something IRL to do so you can have a complaint that actually exists.
    I never said the whole game was shitty but how people like you jump to that conclusion when people have any criticism about the game. Then boom! You do it yet again. You couldn't be more a the White Knight cliché.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Averrix View Post
    So, you unsubbed because the game isn't going your way. You run something and don't get a piece of gear. You do do your world quests right? I geared up my pally alt mostly from world quest gear and it's at 848 now. Two dungeons locked behind a rep, oh no, there were only 8 others you could do and you can now do them on alts without having to get that rep on the alt character.

I always love reading these kinds of posts. Now I'm not saying you were one of the people, but in general, people complain to Blizzard that there isn't enough to do, there isn't enough content. Then they put in more content, then it's "I can't get this stuff, Blizzard sucks" Like, there is just no satisfying people. I love this expansion, I haven't had this much fun in a WoW expansion since WotLK. I'm happy with what they've done, there is never a dull moment when playing.
    I like how you read the whole thing and just took 1 point of it and made it what I ment. No, I didnt unsub of what you wrote. I ment what I wrote.
    I didnt unsub because the game isnt going my way. I did unsub as its more of a job then before imo. I played hardcore in vanilla and kill everything except Sapp & KT in Naxx40.

I mean when you can literally get an item upgrade behind every rock and when I play on an alt for me personally it feels like its waste of time when I dont play on my main all the time when Im online, which I dont like.

And as I wrote, not everyone is like that obviously. I dont like that, so I unsub. When I play I like to kinda keep up with other people and my friends instead of just be mediocre.

And if you cant give any feedback at all to what could be done better, well good for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Ermelloth View Post
    IDK guys.. I see a LOT more people playing on my realm than throughout most of WoD. I mean, in every Legion zone there are at least 8-10 at each WQ location, sometimes more. In WoD, I could go to Tanaan and barely meet 3-4 players (maybe) the whole time.
    becasuse in wod zones werent cross realm from launch so duh ofc you see more people -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    becasuse in wod zones werent cross realm from launch so duh ofc you see more people -_-
    Legion zones aren't cross realm as well. I play on Maelstrom-EU, so I see only people from Maelstrom / Karazhan / Deathwing / Lightning's Blade around (our four connected realms).

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Legion is the second worst expansion in front of WOD

Wotlk > Mop > bc > Cata > Legion> WOD
    Opinion. There is nothing factual about your opinion since tastes of what is good or not is subjective. For what it matterd mine is Legion>MoP>Cata>TBC>WotLK.

I never bought MoP. I bought WoD because the 10th anniversary looked really good and thought I'd give them one more try. Then quit when I saw how awful garrisons are. I have not bought Legion. Currently, I'm just waiting around to see what they announce in terms of a classic server. I want to see them build an in-game community. One realm, no LFR, no phasing, proper leveling instead of mobs adjusting to your level. The classic version was miles better than what they offer now in Legion.

If they roll out a classic server that I like, I might buy Legion. That's where I'm at.

IMO cata, MoP, WoD, and legion are all equally bad because all of them lack an in-game community. I have no interest in an "MMO" like that.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Didnt every expansion extend the life of the game? I mean I really didn't like WoD but I feel the game would be in a worse place if the SoO content drought extended to the time Legion dropped. Is that just me?

Perhaps an unpopular opinion (I truly don't know) but the only things that made MOP feel like a decline were the rampant interrupt & jukebotting that was made possible by the laggy mess that was the relationship between casts and kicks and additionally the massive amount of boosting that was going on in the arena and laughably the rbg scene. The community did the damage more-so than the game itself.

I'm not going to hold Siege of Orgrimmar's prolonged length against it since final raid tiers have been guilty of that dating back to ICC. PVP balance was really bad early in MOP but they did get that largely straightened out for Seasons 14 & 15, and the meta was relatively interesting.

Anyway, I'm not sure it's fair to say that MOP slowed the decline from my perspective, so much as it simply ceased it for the duration of the xpac. I say this as someone who was beyond skeptical of the pandaren & chinaland appeal. I honestly miss MOP now, and would love to replay S14 and S15 with the improvements that were made to Kick latency in WoD (or at least, a reversion to the system that worked so well during TBC, Wotlk & Cata).

Personal observation from friends list and overall realm activity is that things are much better than MoP overall especially the second half of MoP. I think Legion is doing better overall as well in keeping non-raiders busy in a variety of activities without feeling that raid content is the only endgame.