Question Tips for playing Shadow on BGs?

How on earth do you play this spec on random BGs? Does it get any better with more Honor talents / artifact traits?

Team up with a healer and competent melee. Shadow is completely irrelevant on its own. Plus everyone knows what spec you are immediately, and will tunnel you.

higher honor talents definitely help out
    i like them a lot cause it really can cater to multiple styles of play, offhealing, group utility, insanity generation, silencing, initial health drops, just to name a few

i recommend getting all the talents unlocked and testing them out

Quote Originally Posted by Linri View Post
    higher honor talents definitely help out
    i like them a lot cause it really can cater to multiple styles of play, offhealing, group utility, insanity generation, silencing, initial health drops, just to name a few

i recommend getting all the talents unlocked and testing them out
    No, it doesnt get better and after the last round of "patches" i dumped playing shadow for my destro lock. Shadow has to be babysat by heals and peels. You have 1 cc (lol) and anyone that sees you will first look at their trinket and if its up, you're dead. Dispersion is a joke and wont save you, just delays your inevitable death. Everything that matters in shadow is hard cast like vampiric touch, shadowmend, mind blast and hardcasting in pvp equals death. The problem is your ramp up time to do any decent damage is way too long even with instant voidform its just not enough to deal with melee burst in legion. Hate to rain on your parade but i got my shadow to lvl 50 and even with all the honor talents you will get recked without a healer and peels.

Go holy, spec extended spirit of redemption.... and heal while dead. You can't be interrupted while dead. Say hi to the spirit healer for me, we are good friends now. That's as good as it gets. Because... melee...

Deleted
    In bg's you just gotta stay in the background and dot everyone up, while watching if anyone dips low.. Then have SW rdy to assist on getting the kill, silence a healer etc.
    You will most likely get focused. Best you can do then is to try and retreat while using mind bomb and dispersion if nescessary. Shadow priest is actually really good for BG's as you do insane damage if you position yourself cleaverly so it's not so easy for melees to sit on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahandii View Post
    In bg's you just gotta stay in the background and dot everyone up, while watching if anyone dips low.. Then have SW rdy to assist on getting the kill, silence a healer etc.
    You will most likely get focused. Best you can do then is to try and retreat while using mind bomb and dispersion if nescessary. Shadow priest is actually really good for BG's as you do insane damage if you position yourself cleaverly so it's not so easy for melees to sit on you.
    This, if they focus you, run to the back of your group and hope they lose interest. Try to dot as many people up as you can, put psyfiend on a target when it's low hp, people forget about it's 50% healing reduction component. Very strong, makes it easy to land kills, especially on healers.
    If there are enemy melees pushing too far in, try to punish them with MC and fuck their position up. Either run them behind your group so they get focused easier, or back into their own group if you just want to peel.
    Just be aware that shadow is one of the weakest specs for random bgs, we're just a weaker immobile version of Balance druids atm.

Quote Originally Posted by bonewax View Post
    No, it doesnt get better and after the last round of "patches" i dumped playing shadow for my destro lock. Shadow has to be babysat by heals and peels. You have 1 cc (lol) and anyone that sees you will first look at their trinket and if its up, you're dead. Dispersion is a joke and wont save you, just delays your inevitable death. Everything that matters in shadow is hard cast like vampiric touch, shadowmend, mind blast and hardcasting in pvp equals death. The problem is your ramp up time to do any decent damage is way too long even with instant voidform its just not enough to deal with melee burst in legion. Hate to rain on your parade but i got my shadow to lvl 50 and even with all the honor talents you will get recked without a healer and peels.
    Yes, it is a little challenging I will definitely not argue at all there. Certain classes can definitely take you out very quickly, but as a clothie thats nothing new. I've found that standing in the back, helps out, but definitely dont be afraid to take on melee classes 1v1, if you have your insanity built up, and cd's at the ready...

Depends, if you queue into AV with a healer you are pretty much garaunteed wrecking ball and top dmg lol. Void Ray + mind trauma = welfare dps for AV

15+ Year Old Account
    Take Mind Trauma and Shadowy Insight. Cast Mind Sear on the giant melee/healer clumps - it will apply Shadow Word: Pain to everything.

Now spam instant Mind Blasts at whoever you want to kill - they will allow you to move/kite and give you good insanity to keep up Voidform, which will give you access to more damage + voidbolts + Void torrent. Combined with Power Word: Shield and Void Shield (talent), this will keep you topped off.

You will still die horrible and pointless deaths the moment a melee looks in your direction, so stay near a corner of something so you can LoS when they turn to face you. If they run to your pillar - run back quickly to the fight and try again - this time don't get spotted!
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter