Tenacity vs Ferocity for Survival Hunter in PvE?

Icy Veins suggests tenacity, because of the extra ability pets have, being Thunderstomp which works with Hunting Companion Mastery. Which is better in your opinion, as I think a tank spec pet might be worse for the overall dps outcome??

Deleted
    Your pet does so little damage that it resetting MB more often was better. However, there was a stealthbuff in patch 7.1 that your pet's auto attacks now also can proc your mastery (which it didn't before). Whether ferocity (where your pet has more attackspeed thanks to Spiked Collar) is better than tenacity now, I don't know, I'm not a theorycrafter. It also likely increase the value of mastery, but SimCraft is not updated for all of this as far as I know.

special attacks not auto attacks, so tenacity > ferocity

Quote Originally Posted by Trinigon View Post
    special attacks not auto attacks, so tenacity > ferocity
    mastery procs off autos now

from viewpoint of wanting the spec to feel fluid from having enough mongoose bite procs, tenacity will still win. 10% auto attacks is less attacks then the amount of times your pet will cast thunderstomp. Which means ferocity will produce less mongoose procs. From a pure dps standpoint, you will need to sim pet's increased damage vs the damage gained from mongoose bite procs that ferocity would have never proc'd.

From MoS second boss, my pet had 45 auto attacks and 11 thunderstomps in 80 seconds time. 10% attack speed is maybe 5 extra hits, but i lose 11 stomps for net loss of 6 proc chances. for a 5 minute fight, that would be closer to ~22 missed chances. Does those 22 missed procs do less damage than having 10% damage and crit added to pet? You'd have to sim that to know, but I do know 22 potential less procs would make the spec feel slower.

Deleted
    well 5 auto attacks more and 10 % more dmg and crit on them actually are stronger than 6 procc chances per min.(single target)

This was done with both auto attacks and special attacks enabled.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...8#post42419228

nakauri was this all tested after the changes to auto attack though? Cause if the difference is minor I'd much prefer to start using those cool new mech pets or 1 of the many spirit beasts I've collected over the years. Can't test for myself till I get home, so hoping someone has some more info.

Deleted
    Remember that your pet also does Flanking Strike, so with a Ferocity pet that also does 10% more damage and has 10% more chance to crit because of Spiked Collar (and 10% haste voor auto-attacks and focus regen of the pet).

I'm not sure which one is better but now that auto-attacks also proc Hunting Companion i'm using a Ferocity one.

It should be like that imo since they show it (Ferocity) as the pet DPS spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinigon View Post
    nakauri was this all tested after the changes to auto attack though?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakauri View Post
    This was done with both auto attacks and special attacks enabled.
    Yes it was.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakauri View Post
    Yes it was.
    Man i cant get it, tl:dr whats the best ?

Deleted
    Ferocity is the best specc for ur pet, withthe change/fix to the mastery so that auto hits can procc ur mastery u will always have enough procc in ur burst phase where u need it, and since it deals more sustain dmg than an tenacity specct pet its also better in ur other phases since u can say that SV hunter has a playstyle in wich can be categorized in 3 phases an sustain dmg phase, burst phase, and an mix between them.

just get apex preds claw then ten pet is a no brainer