Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Angry Is it just me getting one shot?

So I recently got my balance druid to level 110 and every time I play in an arena or battleground I literally just get dicked by melee. It doesn't matter what I do or what I've tried i just cant get away from these melee players who somehow one shot me in a stun or always manage to catch up to me no matter how many get a ways I've used. Someone please give me some tips on this because its the most frustrating thing not being able to cast anything because I'm being focused all the time. Thanks, Mitch.

Quote Originally Posted by MITCHBOYS View Post
    So I recently got my balance druid to level 110 and every time I play in an arena or battleground I literally just get dicked by melee. It doesn't matter what I do or what I've tried i just cant get away from these melee players who somehow one shot me in a stun or always manage to catch up to me no matter how many get a ways I've used. Someone please give me some tips on this because its the most frustrating thing not being able to cast anything because I'm being focused all the time. Thanks, Mitch.
    Not just you. Melee is out of control, the only way to win is to burst quickly it seems or play with a healer or 2. I've been killed by a monk and a rogue in under 3 seconds

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    One DK looked at me on the Underbelly and I basically died. I think I saw him swinging some axe. Maybe.

...Well this is the only input I have on the subject.

I have to say, it is quite funny seeing a Druid of all classes not being able to get away from a melee, even better that it's the one that never usually hard-casts anything outside of the one ability that crits for most of someone's HP. OT though: Get peels from your teammates, use your CC, get a healer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazaxist View Post
    Not just you. Melee is out of control, the only way to win is to burst quickly it seems or play with a healer or 2. I've been killed by a monk and a rogue in under 3 seconds
    I've also seen a Rdruid's thorns kill someone in less than that time; there's some weird shit that goes on, but thankfully most of it can be prevented. FWIW though, there is a strange thing with Sub Rogues' Goremaw's Bite and Weaponmaster talent that makes it hit for like a million non-crit extremely rarely for an unknown reason. Luckily no one is playing Sub atm though.

wait till you gear up/lvl your artifact, you will be 1 shotting kids with full moon, that dmg is insane, besides boomies got buffed in 7.1 from what i hear, but yes you need peels from you teamates, cuz if you dont get any...well u are dead sir =) boomy is my favorite target atm in rated arena, as melee i just want to give boomy a big hearty hug and squeeze you till your head pops off, but you silly boomies keep trying to run away from my Ret =(

It's okay maybe next expansion blizzard devs will play balance druids, then youll be op and out of control. Melee is fucking stupid. Coming from the worst melee in the game.

im a melee and i get two shot a lot by casters, im in ivl 870 and have 28 poins in weapon, 2.5 k million hp in bgs as arms warrior.

generally speaking it feels like : warlock with 840 comes up, presses his uninterruptable chaos bolt key, and i drop dead.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosTheory375 View Post
    It's okay maybe next expansion blizzard devs will play balance druids, then youll be op and out of control. Melee is fucking stupid. Coming from the worst melee in the game.
    It's the same old "melee gap closers are balanced against frost mages". Of course balance druids and elemental shamans don't work then without better mobility, more cc or instacasts.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by Mazaxist View Post
    I've been killed by a monk and a rogue in under 3 seconds
    As a monk, I will say that we are pretty much dependent on our burst window to do so. Outside of this window we aren't particularly dangerous and are quite squishy.

I also got one shot today by a level 110 elite when I was leveling. Think its a bug.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    It feels like, more than ever, that you need to counter other peoples offensive cooldowns with your own defensive cds of some kind, else you get annihilated. This causes an issue for classes with few or long cd defensive cooldowns when facing classes with powerful short CD offensive cooldowns.

Combine that with pretty high melee uptime vs most ranged classes.. This leads to ranged feeling like they get demolished by melee since they can't get away. To counter this, most ranged classes can do absurd amounts of damage (Balance moon spellthingies, chaos bolts, MM hunter freecasting aimed shots etc) when left alone with line of sight etc, which in turn, makes melee think ranged is doing way to much damage. This is especially true in non-rated play where free-casting ranged dps is very common, and generally never happens in high rated arena play.

So to sum it up, I THINK that a lot of the complaints can be broken down into the following two points (Please continue reading after these two points as well):
    1. People with bad situational awareness getting demolished by free casting ranged dps
    2. People who don't really understand the value of a correctly timed offensive cooldown and the amount of damage that can do (This has always been the case, but now more than ever)

That said, the sheer amount of complaints means that, for the playerbase in general, the damage potential of many classes is probably too high, and the game might be better off if we were to decrease the size of the peaks and valleys when comparing a ranged dps under pressure and a ranged dps free casting, as well as eventually toning down some offensive cooldowns.

Obviously, that is a major balancing point, and would require changes to healing and the PvP game in general.

..OP plays balance so no my friend you will struggle against melee .. Sorry its how 'they' want it ...

I play WW which is a pretty good melee spec .. Its not a Rogue or Warrior or UH DK but its good enough .. I feel confident against most ranged builds (except a good Demo and a really good Affi with full shards) ..

Having said that you should be able to survive as Balance long enough for your team to help .. from a WW POV I have x1 active on a 30sec CD that breaks roots .. DO NOT waste Displacer Beast my friend, meaning you better make sure when you use it the other guy is not ready with a ranged CC or a gap closer that negates it and you should be ok to CC ..

So many Balance simply waste CC on me .. WW has a ranged paralyze and a ranged snare breaker that allows me to follow you even when you run and snare you for 70% .. I have x2 stuns both on short CC and Karma ..

Is it an uphill battle for you? For sure .. Can you survive? For sure ..
    Last edited by Cempa; 2016-10-27 at 08:51 AM.

I'm hoping blizzard level up some alts, cause it's clear as day what classes/specc they are playing currently. This is not a myth, it's actually how they work.

Deleted
    That's because you do un-healable damage, i've seen boomkins do 250k+ dps in PVP which is way more any healer can handle.

I don't understand what exactly are you asking for, being able to survive training from 3 enemies and able to kill a 4th in the process?

Meanwhile my warrior has to push games into dampening to score a kill.
    Last edited by mmoc0aa4a6036f; 2016-10-27 at 07:51 AM.

yea at this point there's so much burst comming out of enha shammies, destru locks, bala druids, ww monks, frost mages e.t.c. it's kinda back to cata burst arena at this point saw ziqo doing 1.6kk glacials in arena yesterday

Deleted
    use glyph for moonkin form...atleast in random BGs many people optically go for "the big guy" and big fat moonkin form (that is actually 3x as big as my female night elf, for some reason...) really stands out. Forget 2v2 arenas. 3v3 is doable with right comp, I mean you need a healer with good damage reduction cooldown for you. Besides that you are screwed.

1v1 you die to all melees, people claiming here their monks etc have good burst but then are squishy...well okay, so what? Moonkin still cant do anything. You cant get away, you can put dots in 2 global cooldowns that do like 30k per tick or something, you cant cast lunar strike because if it gets interrupted then owlkin frenzy is like a middlefinger to your face after recent nerf. You can cast moon spells that do crap dmg and wrath. Full moon against solid players will always do pathethic dmg, crit for some 700k if you can pull out the cast (which you cant against melee) and only retard will not see that dmg coming. Starsurge does decent dmg if it crits and artifact traits proc...otherwise its meh as well. Most classes 1v1 will simply out dmg and outheal you...going bear just delays your death and healing with resto affinity put you out of moonkin form, ergo dead again. If you get stunned you usually die or you are very close to death and at that point you cant do anything, you cant heal up, you have no damage reduction cooldown, you can displacer beast away only to get caught again by gap closer.

You will have most fun in BGs. Just get that glyph, stay at max range in prowl, wait until fight starts and start multidotting everyone, place starfall and then nuke someone. Spread pressure is the key, new PvP talents give some nice options finally. Just keep AoEing everything you see and hope enemy healers will go oom soon due to endless dispelling. You will often top dmg thanks to 50% of your damage killing various minions, army of dead, warlock demons and other stuff (which is sometimes very usefull, especially little demons die pretty fast). Interesting thing is that many players underestimate starfall, if you spec into it it covers huge area and deals okay dmg...best thing about it? People always stand in it because it covers soooo huge area.

Engage in group fights. You are useless defending a tower/flag, you die quickly and any melee just comes in and kills you.

TLDR: Know your strengths...and pray that melee wont see you. You are at their mercy, if they decide to focus you your fun ends.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
    It's the same old "melee gap closers are balanced against frost mages". Of course balance druids and elemental shamans don't work then without better mobility, more cc or instacasts.
    As sad as it sounds, Druids have better mobility than Frost at the moment.
    Frost has a bit more control, but Blizzard has made it so that the majority of Frost's control is entirely negated by melee (many melee have instant, virtually permanent slows/slow-removing abilities), or is implicitly tied with burst CDs (ie: Frostbolt freeze combo).
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

10+ Year Old Account
    Frost DK seems a tad overpowered at the moment, I don't think they adjusted any of the PvP template when they buffed Frost. I keep seeing frost DKs with 2.8 million HP in BGs, and they're just shredding me to pieces on my druid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skitzin View Post
    As a monk, I will say that we are pretty much dependent on our burst window to do so. Outside of this window we aren't particularly dangerous and are quite squishy.
    That doesn't mean much when you're in a PvP thread as a melee. You're still more tanky than virtually every ranged dps, and you have the mobility and control to be able to easily deal with them as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Frost DK seems a tad overpowered at the moment, I don't think they adjusted any of the PvP damage when they buffed Frost. I keep seeing frost DKs with 2.8 million HP in BGs, and they're just shredding me to pieces on my druid.
    It's every melee with the exception of Ret Paladin at the moment; however, Ret Paladin will likely become more popular due to them being a hard-counter (in group-oriented PVP) to Assassination Rogues.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

It's really funny to see balance druid to complain after 7.1 because they're like assassin rogues pre 7.1.