about ready to stop using this site on mobile

With all the invasive ads you guys have an no ability to block them it is an effort in frustraition. You say you block all pop ups but you dont. I have submitted feed back and posted sites and images to no avail

Agree. This only happened the past couple of days. Every tab i open from this site gives me a four virus warning. I like this site but clean up your site guys. Its a joke
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

Maybe try Adblock Browser for Android. I use it sometimes when website has a lot of adverts. Works pretty well.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    yeah I don't come here on mobile. Not a good thing for your phone.

last time I came here I got an ad that opened the play store non stop until I closed the browser.

10+ Year Old Account
    MMO-champ is the forum i spend the most time on ... but it functions like crap on most phones. .... i wish there was a good app.
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Deleted
    Android Firefox + ublock origin = job done.

As long as sites continue to accept a medium of adverts capable of that, then nothing will change.
    No amount of reporting is going to change anything.
    We need rid of flash and other scripted advertisements, simple as that.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

For as long as this website has been around, the fact that there isn't a mobile friendly version, when shitty little 10 member communities that I visit have a mobile version (That sucks, but still functions better than this website does on mobile by a long margin) is really remarkable.

I have my phone rooted, with a system level adblocker installed(Not even google ads function) and this website still sucks on mobile. Has always and it's unlikely to change since I am sure this place doesn't generate much revenue and the owners are likely uninterested in putting yet more money into it.
    Signature Nazi's suck.

Deleted
    Ill second this. Hidden adverts that open the play store is really sleazy.

I guess the site owners want more adblocking or people to just avoid the site entirely...

It has been asked for a lot and, iirc, it's just not high on their priority list - as much as I wish it would be. You can get the adblock app for your phone (even non-rooted), it just requires you to change your port and won't work swapping from wifi to data very well. If you're just using it at home though, you'll be fine.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2016-10-27 at 02:03 PM.

For the most part no one is reporting URLs from the ads for us to remove them. We have no desire to display any of these bad ads.

FWIW I think we still have Tapatalk enabled for the forum if you wanted to give that a try.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    For the most part no one is reporting URLs from the ads for us to remove them. We have no desire to display any of these bad ads.

FWIW I think we still have Tapatalk enabled for the forum if you wanted to give that a try.
    It's only for mobile. In my case my tablet. I don't have any problems with any other site and don't really want to screw around with root folders to install an adblocker just for this site only. I appreciate you guys need ad revenue but i call bullshit when i see virus warnings every new tab i open in the browser. You guys control what you show so please fix it up
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

7+ Year Old Account
    try tapatalk.

Formerly known as Arafal

15+ Year Old Account
    Agree. I always have to disable scripts when visiting on mobile. I have a fast connection on my mobile but with scripts on the load times are crazy as well.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

I thought I was the only one. Even on a desktop, I feel like more bandwidth goes into loading ads than the actual site itself.

Ghostery for Firefox is my bestfriend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sethman75 View Post
    I appreciate you guys need ad revenue but i call bullshit when i see virus warnings every new tab i open in the browser. You guys control what you show so please fix it up
    AFAIK a third party ad service(s) actually controls what ads are shown. We can send them URLs for particular bad ads that slip through to remove them going forward but people have to tell us about them so chaud can let them know. We can't just say "hey guys some of your ads are annoying/intrusive, stop." But yeah, it's not like chaud handpicks the specific ads himself for the site. The first post in this thread explains the system pretty well

That's why we have the threads for reporting bad ads with required information: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/631902

The site subsists on ad revenue but it doesn't benefit anyone if people leave the site because the ads are obnoxious, so it's really helpful if people do give URLs and info for the really intrusive ads so they can be nuked.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    The site subsists on ad revenue but it doesn't benefit anyone if people leave the site because the ads are obnoxious, so it's really helpful if people do give URLs and info for the really intrusive ads so they can be nuked.
    It's not so much "leaving the site because the ads are obnoxious" but more "Continually redirected to app store or other pages to the point that the forum is unsusable on mobile'.

A large number of ads must just be firing off the "click" on their own on load without the user even clicking or engaging
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Deleted
    this site is just awful to use on mobile, try the tapatalk app if its available to you, its really good!