Someone found the frost DK's hidden appearance Dark Runeblade

I was looking around at some of the top frost DK's when I stumbled upon this wow armory.

the players name is Prytanis of US-Korgath check his wow armory i cant post links yet.

Deleted
    There is an ever-so-miniscule chance that he simply unlocked the appearance from 1000 HKs, 200 WQs or 100 Dungeons on the Blood or Unholy weapon.

Apparently 7.1 made it so that you can use the alternative colors for the hidden artifacts of all your specs, even if you haven't found the base appearance yet.

Probably ended up like that so people with Mythic15 and the Dungeon Meta achievements could use those appearances without finishing the Balance of Power questline.

Deleted
    I think he's just exploiting the bug to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by mep View Post
    I think he's just exploiting the bug to get it.
    Or something else. However it makes no sense to seriously pursue this as a trailblazer and not document it properly, if only to exchange information with other secret seekers.
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

Rule of thumb: If it's not green he hasn't found it. I'm also running around with the red version.
    He's wearing the blue one.
    Last edited by Galathir; 2016-10-27 at 06:57 AM.

Apparently 7.1 made it so that you can use the alternative colors for the hidden artifacts of all your specs, even if you haven't found the base appearance yet.

Probably ended up like that so people with Mythic15 and the Dungeon Meta achievements could use those appearances without finishing the Balance of Power questline.
    wait what ?

is this true ?

You could cheese the alternate colours for offspecs even before 7.1, and the guy in the OP is using the 100 dungeons recolour.
    Last edited by Luubox; 2016-10-27 at 07:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luubox View Post
    You could cheese the alternate colours for offspecs even before 7.1
    that was a 100% bug, it only lasted until relog and IIRC it got fixed at some point pre-7.1 (not sure)

the post I quoted is saying 7.1 changed it intentionally and not just for the hidden skins, but also for others, like Valorous for example

thats not documented anywhere however, so Im asking if its true

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    wait what ?

is this true ?
    Don't know about the Balance of Power skins but for the Hidden ones it's definitely true. These "bugged" skins aren't bugged anymore.

that was a 100% bug, it only lasted until relog and IIRC it got fixed at some point pre-7.1 (not sure)

the post I quoted is saying 7.1 changed it intentionally and not just for the hidden skins, but also for others, like Valorous for example

Eh, my DK still has the 200 WQ appearances (purple) for frost, and I've had them for weeks without changing it again, and obviously logging out many times.
    You were good, kid, real good. But as long as I'm around, you'll always be second best, see?
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Oh, and no comment from Xe'ra about how the assault on the black temple was being led in part by the naaru. So was hatred corrupting A'dal's mind too, you pretentious windchime?
    - Volpethrope

Quote Originally Posted by Emeraldon View Post
    Eh, my DK still has the 200 WQ appearances (purple) for frost, and I've had them for weeks without changing it again, and obviously logging out many times.
    yes, because apparently its a thing now in 7.1

pre-7.1 it wasnt

Don't know about the Balance of Power skins but for the Hidden ones it's definitely true. These "bugged" skins aren't bugged anymore.
    alright thanks

From my experience it wasn't logging out that reset the appearances but respeccing (which annoyingly reset the appearances for Blood and Unholy too, no matter what appearance you had equipped there).

yes, because apparently its a thing now in 7.1

pre-7.1 it wasnt

alright thanks
    Again though, they stayed that way ever since I got Bonereaper's Hook skins unlocked, which was weeks ago And they never changed back, even way before 7.1.
    You were good, kid, real good. But as long as I'm around, you'll always be second best, see?
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Oh, and no comment from Xe'ra about how the assault on the black temple was being led in part by the naaru. So was hatred corrupting A'dal's mind too, you pretentious windchime?
    - Volpethrope

Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    From my experience it wasn't logging out that reset the appearances but respeccing (which annoyingly reset the appearances for Blood and Unholy too, no matter what appearance you had equipped there).

I used the glitched ones several times to complete guild dungeon runs and still have it count towards my 100 dungeons. It always persisted through spec changes and logging out for me. The bug that caused appearances to reset was random and didn't happen to everyone (and was not limited only to people using a glitched hidden appearance). Also the hidden appearance glitch was never fixed pre-7.1. I used it on Monday before I ran mythic dungeons with my guild.

To my knowledge blizzard has made no mention of whether us being able to see the secondary colors for hidden appearances we have not unlocked after 7.1 is a bug or not. Everyone is just assuming that it is intended, but personally I think it is just as likely that Blizzard tried to fix the original glitch and ended up with this bug instead. Whether they will just leave it or continue to try fixing it is unknown.