Thread: Lengedary drop

Alliance Lengedary drop

Hey guys!

Just want to share my experience and get some advice! Basically last night i got my first legendary its the cloak for destruction 8% havoc extra damage on single target.

I'm not sure if i am happy or not with getting the legendary for destruction? since release i loved affliction all way from MoP but its been unplayable with progression.... so i had to go demo or destruction.

As it stands i'm 23 in destruction and 22 in demonology 863/865.

I'm just not sure what to do now do i start farming for affliction AP? do i keep my specialization as affliction going forward? i'm just worn out playing destruction and demo they both don't appeal to me at the moment.

Maybe you guys can share you experiences and chooses made since release?

I see affliction has gone up in the meters how is destruction and demo doing because my raid last night (heroic) i felt very weak...

Regards,

Elum

From the min-max point of view, you should not really be touching affliction even with a long stick right now. Stay with destro and demo. Preferably shoose a spec that you find most enjoyable and conecentrate on it. Demo is better on single target damage, destro for cleave fights.
    That said, it all depends on your raid. Even if you go with affliction, if you pull your own weight in heroic (i.e. do at least 250k dps on single target), you will be perfectly fine. As long as you are not a burden to the raid, affliction should not be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaaz View Post
    From the min-max point of view, you should not really be touching affliction even with a long stick right now. Stay with destro and demo. Preferably shoose a spec that you find most enjoyable and conecentrate on it. Demo is better on single target damage, destro for cleave fights.
    That said, it all depends on your raid. Even if you go with affliction, if you pull your own weight in heroic (i.e. do at least 250k dps on single target), you will be perfectly fine. As long as you are not a burden to the raid, affliction should not be a problem.
    Thanks for the reply!

The thing is i see some aff locks do great dps? so it makes me wonder if its time to go to aff? So hard to decide!

As affliction you can cheese your DPS somewhat on certain boss fights. This obviously doesn't apply to ST-fights, but on most add fights I'm able to fake my DPS output if I want to. The sad thing about affliction is that it's still very sub-par compared to a lot of other specs. It's the only specc I enjoy at the moment though, so sticking to it even though I hate our relic golden traits with a passion. And Soul Effigy.

I feel your pain though! If it's any relief, the affliction legendaries are all crap, pretty much.

Destro is viable for all fights (and even competitive for 5 of the fights) and demo is best for ST fights. (Basically only Nythendra on Mythic)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvanis149 View Post
    Destro is viable for all fights (and even competitive for 5 of the fights) and demo is best for ST fights. (Basically only Nythendra on Mythic)
    Destro is not viable for alle fights. It really sucks now on Nythendra and Elerethe!

Yeah, it will be impossible for your guild to kill the two easiest bosses in the instance if they have a destro lock. clearly not viable. sigh