Deleted

What are the Holy Paladin stat caps?

I heard people talking about versatility and haste caps for certain classes which makes me wonder with the stat prioritation in mind being
    int>crit>mast>vers>haste what is the percentage i should aim for with mastery versatility and crit or should i just max out on crit and take whatever side stat there is for granted?

Quote Originally Posted by fatygo View Post
    I heard people talking about versatility and haste caps for certain classes which makes me wonder with the stat prioritation in mind being
    int>crit>mast>vers>haste what is the percentage i should aim for with mastery versatility and crit or should i just max out on crit and take whatever side stat there is for granted?
    The biggest stat cap you really want to be aware of is your crit percentage for Holy Shock. Having guaranteed crits on your HS provides a huge increase in healing throughput, especially since this should be one of your most used abilities as Holy. Currently, you should aim for at least 30% crit. This is generally regarded as a soft cap for crit as it allows your HS to essentially be an auto-crit when you have AW (assuming you're specced into Sanctified Wrath). Crit beyond this still helps your crit chance without AW up as well as on all of your other spells. I believe the current hard cap for HS crits, without AW, is ~50%. This is a pretty hard target to reach given the current gear available.

I generally tend to prioritize Crit above all, mastery after that. I'm currently sitting at roughly 40% on both of those stats at 877ilvl. Mastery and versatility provide a similar benefit, however Mastery tends to be a bit more situational while providing a bit better bang for your buck. I think most Holy Palys are prioritizing Mastery much more so than Versatility at this point, although that doesn't mean Versatility is bad by any means. It's just not quite on the same level as mastery.

Deleted
    I personally go for crit > mastery > versa >>> haste. Guides generally advise to gear for crit > versa > mastery >>> haste, but versa gear is not really easy to come by and it takes more rating per percentage than mastery. The drawback of mastery is you have to pay attention to your positioning more. However, it fits my playstyle better since I raid casually (7/7 HC, no plans for mythic) but do a lot of mythic + dungeons where it's easy to stack loosly enough for everyone to benefit my mastery fully.

After obtaining 2-piece set from Nighthold (Increases Holy Shock's critical strike chance by 15%.) we will have a soft cap on crit at 42.5%.

Crit to 50% baseline is what you ought to be gearing for, no exception.

Mastery / Versatility after crit your preference, Mastery yields more per rating point but is not "guaranteed", Versatility also reduces damage taken.

Haste last.

Nighthold isn't even out and won't be for months, don't worry about the set bonus from there. According to the data mine I saw it was reduced from 15% to 10% so it'd be 45% with that.

With food buff I'm sitting at about 47% crit now with Crit in every slot at ~860 equipped item level, it's possible to get 50% but will take a bit, just keep at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodd View Post
    Crit to 50% baseline is what you ought to be gearing for, no exception.

Mastery / Versatility after crit your preference, Mastery yields more per rating point but is not "guaranteed", Versatility also reduces damage taken.

Haste last.

Nighthold isn't even out and won't be for months, don't worry about the set bonus from there. According to the data mine I saw it was reduced from 15% to 10% so it'd be 45% with that.

With food buff I'm sitting at about 47% crit now with Crit in every slot at ~860 equipped item level, it's possible to get 50% but will take a bit, just keep at it.
    I do more then fine with 44% crit 8% vers 33% mastery and 4% haste in mythic raids. I honestly feel crit beyond that is almost wasted, regardless of holy shock crits. The number of times you WONT crit with holy shock are so low that the mastery/vers you lose gearing to 50% is meaningless.

How good is Crit compared to Int?

I've got 850 boots with Crit + Vers and 860 boots with Haste + Vers. What's better? I tend to go with the Itemlevel when it's more than 5 but I'm not sure about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post

I've got 850 boots with Crit + Vers and 860 boots with Haste + Vers. What's better? I tend to go with the Itemlevel when it's more than 5 but I'm not sure about that.
    Int is usually higher priority then crit, but not by much. Many times a piece taht does not have crit will be an upgrade if it has vers/mastery and is higher ilvl.

Depends on if your at the caps for crit.

30% for wings , 42.5% once tier 2pc

Quote Originally Posted by Caramuru View Post
    Depends on if your at the caps for crit.

30% for wings , 42.5% once tier 2pc
    No, I'm not. 26% Crit right now.

Quote Originally Posted by HPLathus View Post
    I do more then fine with 44% crit 8% vers 33% mastery and 4% haste in mythic raids. I honestly feel crit beyond that is almost wasted, regardless of holy shock crits. The number of times you WONT crit with holy shock are so low that the mastery/vers you lose gearing to 50% is meaningless.
    I have to disagree here. The 50% baseline is only for your HS cap. Crit up to this point and beyond still allows ALL of your other spells to crit more. Not to mention that having a 100% crit rate with HS allows for guaranteed IoL procs, which also does an insane amount for your healing. Guaranteed chance to gain 50% more healing on FoL everytime I cast HS? Yes, please.

No, I'm not. 26% Crit right now.
    What ilvl are you currently at? Gearing for ilvl/secondary stats depends heavily on what your current gear looks like. If you're sitting <850 ilvl then I would almost always take any straight ilvl upgrades. Beyond that I would begin to prioritize crit over smaller ilvl upgrades. Any upgrade of more than 10-15 ilvls should still be prioritized however as the overall stat gain is going to be much higher.
    Last edited by Afrikanz; 2016-10-29 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrikanz View Post
    What ilvl are you currently at? Gearing for ilvl/secondary stats depends heavily on what your current gear looks like. If you're sitting <850 ilvl then I would almost always take any straight ilvl upgrades. Beyond that I would begin to prioritize crit over smaller ilvl upgrades. Any upgrade of more than 10-15 ilvls should still be prioritized however as the overall stat gain is going to be much higher.
    Right now I'm 847 (got two 830 trinkets that drag my item level down) with 26% crit. The HPala is my 4th 110 and only max level since a week or so, still working on it.

Which ILVL is good to enter Karazhan? Can I go with 850? 855? Or too low?

Right now I'm 847 (got two 830 trinkets that drag my item level down) with 26% crit. The HPala is my 4th 110 and only max level since a week or so, still working on it.

Which ILVL is good to enter Karazhan? Can I go with 850? 855? Or too low?
    Honestly, I'm not sure. The first time I set foot in Kara I was already way overgeared for it at 877 ilvl. I'd say as long as your group knew the fights and were paying attention to mechanics (i.e. not taking too much unnecessary damage) then you should be fine at 850. Some of the fights can get a little crazy though if your group doesn't know what they're doing.