Pet health tracking

What are some of you folk using to keep an eye out on your pet's health? The damage and healing done shows up on the portrait and covers the actual bars (not using any add on currently, which is what I am asking for I suppose), plus it is up in the corner.

Other than setting my pet as focus, is there an add on, or a setting I am blind to that lets me see pet health bars?

I don't get it, are you asking how to track Hati's life (if you are BM)? cause every UI i know tracks the main pet life good enough (hell, blizzard UI does it too) as bars.

Groups and raid also have bars for pets (have for a long time now). (blizzard UI just do it automatically, if you are using another addon for it, maybe they are not enabled on options)

top left has your main pet with their bars right under your character's. Every time the pet takes damage or heals, yellow or green number respectively cover up the pet portrait and bars, hiding how full or low their health is. There are occasions where those numbers are up frequently enough that I cannot see how close to death or where the health is at to know if mend is enough or it is a situation to use exhilaration because it is almost dead.

Deleted
    I use shadowed unit frames. Infinitely better health bars and incredibly customizable.

Ah, ok, now i understand.

I think you need to turn off combat text on frames. that way those numbers wont show up, if you want to know you can use an addon to show incoming damage/heals.

Personally i use Mik' scrolling battle text that way i can put damage incoming/outgoing heal in wherever i want.