Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sarethen View Post
    I didn't have an issue with Frost before but OH MY GOD I'm murdering shit now. I'm ilvl 845, dropping some serious howling blasts. My abilities feel like they actually do solid damage.
    Don't freak out. Finally we are competitive. There still remains one huge issue. How do we scale in future compared to other classes? That's still a bit unknown...

I often read that OB does not scale. That's bullshit, as it scales with strenght (mainly), haste, crit and versatility. But will future gear provide enough strenght to not fall back again?
    A fool with a tool is still a fool.

Quote Originally Posted by gixxpunk View Post
    Don't freak out. Finally we are competitive. There still remains one huge issue. How do we scale in future compared to other classes? That's still a bit unknown...

I often read that OB does not scale. That's bullshit, as it scales with strenght (mainly), haste, crit and versatility. But will future gear provide enough strenght to not fall back again?
    All the sims I've done today(ilvl 866) have put Vers>Mast ~=Haste ~=Crit (sometimes crit before haste). So if this holds true in later gear levels I sure hope so.
    i9 9900K | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti | LG-UK650W

Simply depends on how much crit and haste you already have. Simc starts to show dimishing returns for crit/haste at around 25% for both.

But that was not my question. You also have to consider the fact that future gear will provide bigger gains for our main stat (strenght) and much less gains for our secondaries.
    A fool with a tool is still a fool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    my best HB was 744k doing a world quest yesterday. Had to change my shorts. before that think 80k was top?

About RW-

Some use it. some dont. its fine either way. I have TWO 850 RW relics for weeks until this monday. So that could be a contender why some keep off CD and others save for AoE. On a fight like Elere, naturally use it on spider clumps and in 5 mans in general

as i said before-

Look for those "Your 5/6 key Our carry" mythic raider groups in the group finder. spec scythe and collect three chests every time. frost was always king of mythic + trash packs. we are even better now.

play around. choose different talents. play some more. find out what works for YOU. dont live life by a sim or some negative nancy's here. enjoy frost. Make Arthas proud. never forget to ress pet again before a pull.

- - - Updated - - -

i hope you die.

---wait i mean Congratz!!!
    get 5 stacks of razer, pop pillars and watch Sindragosa take a frozen shit on everything in front of you. even other players! 2 million + crits with bracers!! ON EVERYTHING
    had the feeling you would say something like that i hope you die.

Quote Originally Posted by gixxpunk View Post
    Simply depends on how much crit and haste you already have. Simc starts to show dimishing returns for crit/haste at around 25% for both.

But that was not my question. You also have to consider the fact that future gear will provide bigger gains for our main stat (strenght) and much less gains for our secondaries.
    I hear ya. I understand secondary stats will be more linear while primary stats will scale more exponentially.
    i9 9900K | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti | LG-UK650W

Curious if anyone has any good WA for frost readily available?

Quote Originally Posted by cyrisela View Post
    had the feeling you would say something like that i hope you die.

To be fair, I had the same reaction.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesquish View Post
    To be fair, I had the same reaction.
    think most frosties are jealous on me now

>Frost is neck and neck with Unholy now. PLAY THE SPEC YOU ENJOY THE MOST (and if you hate a pet)

Are there any evidence that frost and unholy is actually neck to neck? from the parses it seem frost has far surpass unholy at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Casterbridge View Post
    Curious if anyone has any good WA for frost readily available?
    Also curious, the one I was using from the previous thread seems out of date and does not prioritize IT.

Deleted
    i am wondering if frost is worth playing in terms of long time scaling. or should i stick to fury? i love dw classes but cant stand outlaw or enh :<

Deleted
    Did today HC with frost. Still getting used to it but here are logs from 7/7hc clear (xavius unlucky dream:<)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/2T7N8gwnmMQzCp3D

EDIT: I forgot i didn't log during nythendra but did 326,5k
    Last edited by mmoc3d7f422663; 2016-10-27 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iky43210 View Post
    >Frost is neck and neck with Unholy now. PLAY THE SPEC YOU ENJOY THE MOST (and if you hate a pet)

Are there any evidence that frost and unholy is actually neck to neck? from the parses it seem frost has far surpass unholy at this point.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...et=95&sample=7

Change to 95%, change to last week, and Sort by max. Both are almost exactly the same.

The specs are where they need to be, and basically you can play whichever you like the best.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...et=95&sample=7

Change to 95%, change to last week, and Sort by max. Both are almost exactly the same.

The specs are where they need to be, and basically you can play whichever you like the best.
    Nothing from that chart suggests they're almost exactly the same, and I have a good feeling most new frost players aren't yet geared as their unholy counterparts.

7+ Year Old Account

i keep trying to pull up logs but site is being stupid and some heavy traffic message..

just in case you think im talking out my ass-
    http://i.imgur.com/UrcNSwf.png

5th world in my item level bracket. Mythinc Nyth under and above UH guys, who are supposed to be better at ST... all in the player, as i been saying for months

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IronSavior View Post
    i am wondering if frost is worth playing in terms of long time scaling. or should i stick to fury? i love dw classes but cant stand outlaw or enh :<
    forget the past, dont worry about tomorrow and focus on today!
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    i keep trying to pull up logs but site is being stupid and some heavy traffic message..

just in case you think im talking out my ass-
    http://i.imgur.com/UrcNSwf.png

5th world in my item level bracket. Mythinc Nyth under and above UH guys, who are supposed to be better at ST... all in the player, as i been saying for months

- - - Updated - - -

forget the past, dont worry about tomorrow and focus on today!
    unholy was barely better than frost at ST pre-patch, like super tiny differences, but I don't know why you quote me.
    Last edited by iky43210; 2016-10-27 at 08:49 PM.

Nothing from that chart suggests they're almost exactly the same, and I have a good feeling most new frost players aren't yet geared as their unholy counterparts.
    One is 69.9, one is 69.7...?

Well, stat weights don't differ by a lot from what I've seen so the biggest difference would be in Artifact traits and relics.

unholy was barely better than frost at ST pre-patch, like super tiny differences, but I don't know why you quote me.

People didn't pick unholy for the ST, never did.
    Not sure I agree with that...Unholy was pretty far ahead on ST fights. (Assuming you mean pre 7.1 patch)

One is 69.9, one is 69.7...?
    Looking just the max portion seems unrealistic.

>Not sure I agree with that...Unholy was pretty far ahead on ST fights. (Assuming you mean pre 7.1 patch)

I don't agree, prepatch sims put them at exactly the same. The only reason there were more unholy than frost at ST parses because there are far more unholy players, but the fact that there are even frosts at the front page for ST fights show how close the two specs are in single target damage.

If unholy were pretty far ahead on ST fights, frost wouldn't even appear on those pages just like in every other class scenario when one spec is far superior than others in a particular encounter (see rogues, hunters, etc).
    Last edited by iky43210; 2016-10-27 at 08:58 PM.