Titanfall 2 Won't Have A Season Pass; All Upcoming Maps Will Be Free

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/n...l-Be-Free.html

Respawn has confirmed that Titanfall 2 won't have a Season Pass, and that all maps for the game will be free for all players of the title.

The first map up for offer will be the Angel City map, which is a remastered version of one of the most notable maps of the original game.

Respawn has issued a statement on the Titanfall website that reads:

“[This DLC practice] means no splitting up the community and it all starts with the legendary Angel City map, remastered from the original Titanfall. This means once you’ve purchased Titanfall 2, your investment includes a full single player campaign, the full multiplayer maps and modes, and long-term support with no hidden costs. You can pre-order the game to play 3 days early, but it will never cost you extra.”

This is a good practice and something we're not used to seeing in online FPS games. Here's hoping we see more multiplayer games take this route in the future.
    Not going to lie this makes me want to buy TF2 more.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

An EA published game with no DLC? Did I step through a portal into an alternate universe or something? . Sadly while the game looks quite decent I won't be getting it because it's not my cup of tea and I suck at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    An EA published game with no DLC? Did I step through a portal into an alternate universe or something? . Sadly while the game looks quite decent I won't be getting it because it's not my cup of tea and I suck at it.
    It will have a SP mode but I hear it will only be around 5hours long. I expect some microtransactions, but I am ok with the trade off of free maps.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ill buy it then. I've been wanting to buy a good PS4 game for a long time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    http://www.playstationtrophies.org/n...l-Be-Free.html

Not going to lie this makes me want to buy TF2 more.
    TF2 is already free to play, so you don't have to buy it Sir.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well thats nice of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    TF2 is already free to play, so you don't have to buy it Sir.

Talking about Titanfall 2 not Team Fortress 2

Awww, no single player DLC? Oh well, either way I'm down. I fully expect other ways to monetize folks through cosmetics and progress unlocks/boosts etc.

Kinda hype for this one actually, keeping an eye on it because I may pick it up around launch time. First game was enjoyable enough.

I really enjoyed TF1.. so /shrug. will give this a punt
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

Don't worry, there's probably going to be a billion micro-transactions. Those make more money than dlc anyway, so eh, might as well get some good will out the gate, will hook more suckers that way. Good thinking for EA, from a business standpoint at least.

I'm surprised this shocks people. The first was a huge dud and they were planning to be the next call of duty dudebro mega money machine and it fizzled out insanely quickly. This is a "devs so based, truly they are the consumers greatest ally" move to pump up day one sales numbers. I'm sure they have the data that cosmetic microtransactions is far more profitable than season passes nowadays with cosmetic lockboxes in games like Overwatch. Phrasing it this way just makes them seem like the 'good guy'.

Its EA. How many times do people go "well maybe this is the exception to the rule?" to moves like this? and how many times havent been followed by the other shoe dropping soon after that shows EA is behaving -shock of shocks- like EA.

They dont produce one payment buy to play games. They just dont. This is an EA title therefore it will have something in it designed to further milk your wallets after the initial payment. It is how they make videogames.

Wait and see. If it is the exception well blow me down i never thought id see the day. But it never hurts to wait and see, especially with this bloody company.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ive read on the official sub reddit the only Micro transactions in the game are for cosmetics. Seems like a good idea.

Anyone get this on PC?