Deleted

Flash mob assault students at Temple University, Philadelphia

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...niversity.html

Four teenagers have been arrested after mobs of juveniles staged a series of vicious attacks on students around the Temple University campus.

Police said students were surrounded, punched, kicked, robbed and in some cases knocked to the ground in a spate of attacks by groups of teens on Friday night.

Packs of between 20 and 100 young people roved the area near the university campus in northern Philadelphia for nearly two hours from 8pm and picked on people at random.

Six students were injured and a university police officer was hurt when he was knocked over. A 15-year-old boy also punched a police horse in the face.

In a separate incident, a young woman was left covered in bruises after she was held down and stomped on repeatedly before employees from a nearby pizza restaurant intervened, her father said.

Another student, a junior, posted pictures of her black eye after she was beaten.

She says the attackers punched her in the face as she walked back to her apartment with her boyfriend.

Temple spokesman Ray Betzner told television station NBC 10 that the mobs of teenagers played a 'cat-and-mouse game' with police.

Joe Lauletta wrote on Facebook on Saturday that his daughter Christina Lauletta was a victim of one of the horrendous attacks.

In his post, which has been shared 4,000 times, he claims she was held down and kicked and stomped until every part of her body was bruised.

He wrote: 'I find out that her and her 2 male friends where badly beaten by a group of 30-40 black teenagers on their way home from the Temple football game.

'This happened after they got off the subway at Broad and Cecil B Moore. These sick animals held her down and kicked and stomped on her repeatedly.

'Thank god, the people from the pizza place intervened. They arrested 2 people at the scene.'

'I have not let Christina out of my sight, she is resting. Every part of her body is badly bruised, it makes me cry just thinking about it. No broken bones.

'If you have children at Temple, tell them to be careful. Please keep Christina Lauletta in your thoughts.'

Two people face aggravated assault, criminal conspiracy and robbery charges over the attack, Philly.com reported.

In a different incident that led to an arrest, a boy threw a Temple University officer to the ground.

The 15-year-old boy has been charged with aggravated assault and resisting arrest, according to Philly.com.

In another incident, a 15-year-old boy punched a police horse twice in the face as mounted officers were trying to break up one of the crowds.

Authorities have charged him with assaulting a police service animal, Philly.com reported.

In all, 50 juveniles were taken into custody.

One unidentified female student told The Tab that she was walking with her boyfriend at 8pm when they were set upon.

The junior Environmental Sciences Major did not want to be identified, fearing for her safety.

She said her boyfriend was hit and managed to get away but she was grabbed by the hair and was beaten in the head and back before being pushed to the ground in the struggle.

'I remember shoes coming for my face and after that I heard other kids from the group saying ‘Yo chill, yo chill it’s just a girl’ and they pulled my attackers off me,' she said

The student has been left with bruises to her head, two black eyes, an aching jaw and swollen hands.

Temple campus safety director Charles Leone told television station WPVI that it appears victims were picked at random, but said students were not targeted specifically.

But he said, 'It's very concerning that you can get a group of juveniles to pull together that quickly and some become violent.'

He said the university and city police will be stepping up patrols through the rest of the semester, especially because next weekend is Halloween.

Temple serves about 34,000 full-time students.

The violence broke out after about 200 juveniles, apparently responding to social media posts, converged outside an off-campus movie theater, Temple police said in a report to the university community.

Nothing to see here folks, just some BLM. protesters expressing outrage at the system by beating white passerbys

10+ Year Old Account
    They were all dressed like the flash?

That's not a flash mob, that's just straight up a mob.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lazy sensationalized reporting be damned, how the hell were 200 teens able to organize themselves like? We could barely organize a senior skip day when I was in high school.

I have so many questions about this story. Where was security, crowd control? Why are people walking into huge crowds of teenagers? Why the teenagers are out there? How did they get out there? Where are their parents? 200 people? How can the police take 50 kids into custody but allowed 200 to gather without supervision? When I was a kid if there were 20 teens at the movie theater there was at least 2 cops chilling outside and considering that this looks like it happened in a downtown-ish area - where the poe poe?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Nothing to see here folks, just some BLM. protesters expressing outrage at the system by beating white passerbys
    Come on man, if you're going to criticize BLM and turn this into one of those threads at least come with some genuine criticism. Not one about some stupid kids where someone of them ironically yell BLM while being delinquents.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

stupid animals. I hope every one of them gets punished appropriately.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    This keeps up and there will be race wars within the next 10 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see nowhere this can go but into race thread terroritory