Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Rogue - Outlaw - problems with dps

Hello fellow Rogues,

I really want your feedback and help if you can give it.

This is my char: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...jspawny/simple

I mostly run Mythics + (7 max) with real life friends. I have some issues with s aoe pack fights and some bosses.

I use mr. robot as help for items but it gives me an example to go all the way into mastery and reach something like 79% mastery, 21 % crit vers: 6.4 % and haste 4.4% ( this comes from all the items that I have on me and in my bags)

What I have on myself, I tried my best have some examples like the rogue from Method guild (full crit, versat, haste and in the end mastery)

Please if I can "steal" some time from each of you by answering and helping me to figure out how to give all I can into helping the group.

Except gear can you please give some hints how to proper aoe and rolling RtB to have proper buffs?

Thank you all and have a pleasant evening/night
    Stealthing between ticks since '06

Deleted
    Try simcrafting by yourselve ask Mrrobot is wrong! U want vers>crit and a balance of mastery and haste

Deleted
    Im in the same boat, moer or less.
    Seeing other Outlaw rogues doing ~400k on Ursoc M, I was benched 'cuz was barely mantaining 300k (more with good rolls, but seldom..had around 860/865 there, somwhere around that). Obviously, I don't have perfect gear (can't spam M+ due to time constraints due to work & other stuff) but if there are adds, just BF and throw the ocasional MfD on some dying add for a free RT (agree it takes some practice to do it right consistently, maybe not in raid but mostly in M+ if there is no set focus, like most random pugs).

Now, that should cover aoe, about rerolling...fish for 2+ buffs / keep TB / keep SiW if cd's are back in ~15s.

The above is a clear guideline, which can change/alter due to mechanics/errors/stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Golde View Post
    Im in the same boat, moer or less.
    Seeing other Outlaw rogues doing ~400k on Ursoc M, I was benched 'cuz was barely mantaining 300k (more with good rolls, but seldom..had around 860/865 there, somwhere around that). Obviously, I don't have perfect gear (can't spam M+ due to time constraints due to work & other stuff) but if there are adds, just BF and throw the ocasional MfD on some dying add for a free RT (agree it takes some practice to do it right consistently, maybe not in raid but mostly in M+ if there is no set focus, like most random pugs).

Now, that should cover aoe, about rerolling...fish for 2+ buffs / keep TB / keep SiW if cd's are back in ~15s.

The above is a clear guideline, which can change/alter due to mechanics/errors/stuff.
    U do realize all the top parses for outlaw are just results for good rolls right? Theres no way to log good as outlaw unless u get great rolls.

Quote Originally Posted by omgclayaiken View Post
    U do realize all the top parses for outlaw are just results for good rolls right? Theres no way to log good as outlaw unless u get great rolls.
    First off, no they aren't just results of good rolls. Secondly, right now, they're because they have legendary bracers/ring.

Deleted
    Well, I got 2 Legendary items alright, the Symbiote belt and the Almighty "pvp" ring...no further luck, but managed to get the other weapons to max (all dps traits +3 golden ones) while loot was set to Outlaw, but still nothing. So, if you can't get the good Legendary items, just try another spec for singletarget at least.

first of all THANK YOU guys,

but what I understand is that I need tons of versatily and focus after that for crit and haste and mastery in a equilibrium but at what level? I have ~34% crit, 12% versa, 49% mastery and 9 % haste

what is the best combination of percentages?

I sim for Vers > Crit > Haste > Mastery. Note that there are very little difference between the stats.
    As far as what the optimal amount is. There really isn't one. Looking at the graphs for how my dps would improve with -1000 and +1000, they are really all over the place. There is no clear winner. Sometimes Haste jumps up a good bit, but that's really just it.

As far as good tries go, the medium dps for me was 334k dps, with a range of 112k dps. Which afaik, would mean 278k Min dps and 390k dps Max.

This is my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Hailkor/simple

I miss good trinkets thou as I can see some are a must!

What about the rotation? or the aoe rotation better said...

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroso View Post
    First off, no they aren't just results of good rolls. Secondly, right now, they're because they have legendary bracers/ring.
    Lol, what? I guarantee you can look at any of the top-100 parses on Warcraft logs and there wont be a single Outlaw Rogue on Ursoc Heroic without a 6-roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroso View Post
    Even with double good legendary, without good rolls(a few 3 procs with true bearing or 1 6 buff), you really won't make it to the top as Outlaw.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Even with double good legendary, without good rolls(a few 3 procs with true bearing or 1 6 buff), you really won't make it to the top as Outlaw.
    So fukin true. Its ridiculous how some ppl still spout this "u dont need good rolls to be competitive as outlaw" comments. I ranked top 30 on ursoc hc awhile back for all ilvls as 866 without any dps legendaries. Guess what? I had one 6 roll and one 3 roll, so it rly isnt rocket science how to log good as outlaw. In b4 some ppl still come back here and say "u just need to know when to reroll and what buffs to keep to do good dps" lmao. Fact is, outlaw on average is very weak compared to other classes if the skilllvl is the same. Only way u compete on anythin is when u roll good and sooner or later u need bis legendaries for it aswell.
    Last edited by mmoca75c1ad8b1; 2016-10-28 at 07:52 PM.

I think Mr Robot is taking into account full artifact traits and with 3/3 Fortune Strikes which boost Main Gauche damage. There's been a couple posts on it but it's pretty equal from what I've seen to stacking Vers/Crit.

But honestly, if you're having issues with AoE packs you're doing something wrong. Yes it's partly up to buffs, but in Mythic+ you should honestly be using cooldowns every chance you get on trash packs. If you're AoE DPS sucks with Adr Rush and Dreadblades, you're doing something wrong. Make sure you're using Marked for Death properly, usually prioritize low health targets that die quickly to utilize it more often. You probably want to fish for extra combo points + crit, and keep that rolling. Make sure you're keeping some type of buff up at all times. Try to stealth between packs and if you're RtB buff(s) are about to fall off, MfD the next pack and roll in stealth then come out swinging. Running Outlaw myself, I maintain around 300k+ dps on trash packs, with good rolls I'm up around 400-500k with Blade Flurry. With cooldowns I can burst upwards of 800k+. Always try to keep up Ghostly Strike too especially on priority targets. But make sure you're not re-rolling every single time. Sometimes just sticking with a one buff is better than wasting points/energy re-rolling especially when stuff dies too quickly to really see the benefit. Bosses on the other hand are very RNG dependent based on rolls and mechanics. Use Cloak of Shadows to nullify some boss abilities so you can stay in and DPS to your heart's content.

Also use TellMeWhen, WeakAuras, etc to track buffs. I can't stress how important knowing what abilities are up, on cooldown, about to come up etc are. There's tons of examples of profiles people use out there, and these addons allow you to customize to your liking.

Also enchanting and gemming your gear provides huge benefits as well as using food buffs/flasks etc. If nothing else, food is cheap to make and provides a nice little boost to dps. I see you only have one ring enchanted. No neck enchant, no cloak enchant, etc. Get that fixed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen some Outlaw parses where with high mastery and Slice n' Dice, they pull pretty good numbers that are steady, without dealing with the RNG of RtB. Anyone else fiddle with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuji View Post
    I've seen some Outlaw parses where with high mastery and Slice n' Dice, they pull pretty good numbers that are steady, without dealing with the RNG of RtB. Anyone else fiddle with it?
    Give some links?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tans View Post
    Give some links?
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...1986761/latest

Tried to find others but this player's been doing pretty well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuji View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...1986761/latest

Tried to find others but this player's been doing pretty well.
    The ONLY reason he's doing so well is because he has the bracers. Has NOTHING to do with him using SnD.

Would be doing like 350k if he was using RtB instead of SnD.
    Last edited by Sephiroso; 2016-10-31 at 02:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tans View Post
    Give some links?
    I have been working on trying to make my SND build viable. I think there is tremendous potential in SND if you get far enough into the artifact tree. I know on Heroic Xavius It seems Teebs-Korgath and I are the only two rogues within the top 150 outlaw rogues in the US running a SND build. We have chosen a few different talents(he has chosen stratagem Vs my vigor). I will looking into stratagem again.

My damage being all over the place with RTB and the intense frustrations I had with multiple rerolls just lead me down the path of old school combat rogue (SND). I am currently working on refining it down as I am trying to find the sweet spot of mastery atm.

There is no doubt in my mind that SND build is viable for mythic plus and certain EN bosses. If it were to even get a tiny little buff which blizzard has been talking about I think it would pull ahead of RTB (especially in a bad RNG situation). The odd time I will switch to RTB but I almost always find myself switching back to my SND build as it is just sooooo much faster and more fun to play. The energy regen from combat potency and the attack speed being under 1.0secs with haste stacking upto 40-50% with a ramped up alacrity makes it incredibly fun to play. Much more stable damage output with limited swings. I find one of the hardest things to do is keeping your alacrity buff. its very dependent on how the tank in the group is pulling. Long wait times between pulls will NOT help the SND build at all. The juiciest and most fun part of the SND build is the intense speed with the ramp up. I would also say with large packs of AOE mobs SND will take over RTB (unless you manage to pull off a 3-6 proc).

I am no expert.

Optimizing my SND build is something I will continue to do I see great potential.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmoKramer View Post
    I have been working on trying to make my SND build viable. I think there is tremendous potential in SND if you get far enough into the artifact tree. I know on Heroic Xavius It seems Teebs-Korgath and I are the only two rogues within the top 150 outlaw rogues in the US running a SND build. We have chosen a few different talents(he has chosen stratagem Vs my vigor). I will looking into stratagem again.

My damage being all over the place with RTB and the intense frustrations I had with multiple rerolls just lead me down the path of old school combat rogue (SND). I am currently working on refining it down as I am trying to find the sweet spot of mastery atm.

There is no doubt in my mind that SND build is viable for mythic plus and certain EN bosses. If it were to even get a tiny little buff which blizzard has been talking about I think it would pull ahead of RTB (especially in a bad RNG situation). The odd time I will switch to RTB but I almost always find myself switching back to my SND build as it is just sooooo much faster and more fun to play. The energy regen from combat potency and the attack speed being under 1.0secs with haste stacking upto 40-50% with a ramped up alacrity makes it incredibly fun to play. Much more stable damage output with limited swings. I find one of the hardest things to do is keeping your alacrity buff. its very dependent on how the tank in the group is pulling. Long wait times between pulls will NOT help the SND build at all. The juiciest and most fun part of the SND build is the intense speed with the ramp up. I would also say with large packs of AOE mobs SND will take over RTB (unless you manage to pull off a 3-6 proc).

I am no expert.

Optimizing my SND build is something I will continue to do I see great potential.
    Its clear you aren't an expert. In no world will SnD be better than RtB for a raid. Period. If your damage is "all over the place with RtB" you're doing numerous things wrong. Your dps should be relatively the same from fight a to fight a barring upgrades influencing your numbers.

Is it me or is there a lack of versatility gear ?
    My versatility is currently at only 3.80%(1520) while my mastery is at 52+%.