Page 1 of 2
LastLast

7.1 Supremacy or Service?

Just wanted on some opinions on whether to choose supremacy or service for raiding and mythic plus content?

10+ Year Old Account
    Raiding - single target or mostly single target fights - most of the warlocks still use Service, I personally, since 7.1, switched to Supremacy because I believe it is slightly ahead of Service, but I am a hipster, so you can play it safe with service, until this clears up more.

If raid encounter has a lot of cleave or AoE - Sacrifice is used instead.

Mythic+ - only Sacrifice really, simply because of all the trash it gives you a lot of damage due to cleave, while being only a small loss in pure single target.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Raiding - single target or mostly single target fights - most of the warlocks still use Service, I personally, since 7.1, switched to Supremacy because I believe it is slightly ahead of Service, but I am a hipster, so you can play it safe with service, until this clears up more.

Mythic+ - only Sacrifice really, simply because of all the trash it gives you a lot of damage due to cleave, while being only a small loss in pure single target.
    Are you pet twisting to use Lord of Flames then back to Doomguard during an encounter?

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course.

Deleted
    I'd play Supremcay too but I hate having to use the Infernal and then switching to Doomguard again. What an awful, awful way to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    I'd play Supremcay too but I hate having to use the Infernal and then switching to Doomguard again. What an awful, awful way to play.
    That's nothing. I remember Cata Demo when you had to pet twist in your opener, now that was a pain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper11b View Post
    That's nothing. I remember Cata Demo when you had to pet twist in your opener, now that was a pain.
    Yeah, right now you need to like twist once per encounter or even not at all of if Bloodlust is on pull, the horror.

I remember Cata Demo, this shit now is nothing really.

Will I lose a lot of dps if I stay Sacrifice for single target fights like Nythendra?

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    It's like once every 10 minutes, or once each encounter. How hard can it be?

Deleted
    synergy is still way ahead of both supremacy and service for raiding

Deleted
    Sorry for my ignorance, but what does "pet twisting" mean? Is it that switching to the infernal, pressing the skill that creates Lord of Flames, and switching back to doomguard?

If so: Is that really a DPS gain, given that you lose 2x (or once, if you start with it) the long cast time for the pets?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashkiman View Post
    Will I lose a lot of dps if I stay Sacrifice for single target fights like Nythendra?

It's like once every 10 minutes, or once each encounter. How hard can it be?
    No one says its hard. The point is, it feels "wrong" set up to burst during BL and then start to summon an other demon. And its even worse, if you dont have lust on pull and do it twice..

Am i missing the point where he mentions the Spec he's interested in? Because Some reply based on Destro,some on Demo and probably no one for affliction.

Anyway,i personally have been using Supremacy even before 7.1 because Doomguard would just do bigger numbers in total unless there's a fight that the boss Takes extra damage for a specific period of time where u can "nuke"
    I'm speaking from an Affliction PoV . Also,in 7.1 Felhunter probably got a "passive" dps increase due to UA not Stacking but i bet the 13% doomguard buff still makes up for it. But i haven't tried it yet,personally

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

Did several 5min trials at dummy to compare Sup and Service when patch went live here are my results(Single target and Destro):

Supremacy wins over Service if you dont use immolate since doomguard doesnt benefit from it being on target compared to your imp that gets extra dmg and the diffrence beetween those were only around 2k-3k diffrence in dps.

When you play optimal with Service on cooldown usages + doomguard and keeps immolate up (did not include LoF and infernal) service is way ahead of supremacy and even if you are to hold out on your cooldowns by 15 sec it is still ahead.

Allthough we have an affli lock in my guild and this made Supremacy way ahead of service in ST fights but thats cause he wants to keep contagion up and not wasting shards on pets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did the dummy reach 20% hp and below where Doomguard starts doing 20% more damage?

Besides, what I say I do not base off a couple of runs on dummy, but on simcraft.

Deleted
    The dummy did not reach under 20% but taking into account that you can wait with cooldowns and service is still ahead, using doomguard on last 20% its still a win if its not a fight like last one in Eye of Azshara wich starts low %.

I respect that but i rather do both since testing it for yourself giving a picture how you will handle it and not a computer optimizing everything
    Like Not said in the Finalboss vid about Demo "Sims does things 99% of the players cant due the small windows you will have to hit" but thats still demo and since destro dont have those windows at the same level maybe im just to much of a coward to actually trust sims fully.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkenqt View Post
    I respect that but i rather do both since testing it for yourself giving a picture how you will handle it
    I'm not saying your conclusion is wrong. But testing on a dummy isn't reliable. It's pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper11b View Post
    Wow, thanks for reminding that. I also remember that moon-something mastery trinket that we used to snapshot stats for OP metamorphosis opener. Yikes... Still, today's DE spam isn't better or worse than that abomination to me.

So for Demonology, Synergy is best because of its interaction with Consumption and other trinket procs.

Destruction uses service for single target and sacrifice for multitarget (especially if they're clumped because of the AoE splash)

I have no idea what Affliction uses but I don't think it quite matters because its a 10% dps loss from 0 dps is still 0.
    Soulburn: Unstable Affliction. A boy can dream.

Yes unfortunately I chose affliction and have stuck with it, thus speaking from an affliction perspective. Its actually the first time where i often feel like i am not contributing to the group like I should and I have been playing since vanilla.
    Last edited by Creeture187; 2016-10-29 at 02:03 AM.