Deleted

This might be "The Affliction Problem"

Hi guys,

i really thought a lot about how to buff affliction,
    as it is very frustrating to be in the middle/bottmom half of the dmgchart all the time.
    so i did a lot of research and adjusted my gear. i am pretty "fine" right now.
    Mainly this is because it feels like i have reached a haste/mastery level that allows me not to be the worst DD in the raid.
    ~860 gs; 27% haste; 101% mastery
    (i deal a minimum of 220k dps on singletarget like ursoc, and 350k+ in multitarget encounters like the nightmare dragons).

but here is the thing:

when i looked closely at the articact weapon. there is a 4th golden trait called Soulstealer which i think is key in terms of understanding why blizzard hestitates to massively buff affliction. we are the only class/specc that can double this effect for ~60% of the fights.

the problem is: if this is true, affliction has to max out the weapon to be effective.
    "46.000.000 Artifact power to go"

what do you think about that?

Deleted
    How do yo figure it doubles this effect~60% of the time? Its a flat +15% dmg increase - like all other classes have?

I don't play warlock, but im intrigued.

Quote Originally Posted by sinddk View Post
    How do yo figure it doubles this effect~60% of the time? Its a flat +15% dmg increase - like all other classes have?

I don't play warlock, but im intrigued.
    reap souls, aff artifact on use doubles the weapon traits, so it most likely doubles 15% dmg increase. and on single target i guess you can have 60% uptime on it

Quote Originally Posted by Micom View Post
    reap souls, aff artifact on use doubles the weapon traits, so it most likely doubles 15% dmg increase. and on single target i guess you can have 60% uptime on it
    It SAYS that it doubles all traits... But it doesnt. There are a number of the traits that arent affected at all and some that actually break entirely when Deadwind Harvester is active. (Love hitting Reap Souls and then my Healthstone only to have Sweet Souls do... Nothing. Literally nothing.)

Id be willing to bet real money the 15% trait isnt affected at all by Deadwind Harvester being active.