Question Running mastery as Resto in 5-mans

Hey

Lately i have been trying out stacking mastery for 5-mans along with some haste. Currently running around 20% mastery and 16% haste.
    I feel its working out pretty good with Cultivation talented, but unsure if this is stronger.

With the recent buffs to Cultivation by 20% what are your thoughts on it ? Is Mastery good in 5-mans, especially Mythic+ pushes? Or is Haste/Crit the way to go?
    Last edited by Eldarrow; 2016-10-28 at 06:49 AM.

Mastery is amazing in 5 mans since you can later HoTs easily on the group! Wild Growth + Rejuv + Germination + Cultivation = 4 stacks of Mastery easy. Throw in Lifebloom, Cenarion Ward and Regrowth HoT and it gets crazy
    BigCrits.com - real people conquering a virtual world!

I had read somewhere that the benefits from mastery on hots stop stacking once you reach 3 hots...can anyone confirm this?

Quote Originally Posted by Grayclaw1 View Post
    I had read somewhere that the benefits from mastery on hots stop stacking once you reach 3 hots...can anyone confirm this?
    I can confirm there is no 3 hot cap (or any cap)

Quote Originally Posted by Grayclaw1 View Post
    I've gone up to 7 stacks and it was still working so 3 is definitely wrong.

as to OP Mastery is far and away the best setup for 5 mans just keep in mind it does not transition well into raiding, whereas the raiding setup haste/crit transitions well enough for 5 mans. Long story short if you want do to both but don't want 2 gear sets then haste/crit, otherwise mastery stack away!

Mastery is quiet essential in 5man. However I think the haste shouldnt be below 20%, so u dont wanna lose haste in order to get mastery. U should, if possible, give away the crit and vers.
    Maybe something like this: 20%haste, 20% mastery, 15% crit, 5%< vers
    So I 'd say: Haste>=Mastery > crit > vers

Its not really set in stone.

Mastery haste from a strict healing point; haste crit if you want to contribute with damage.

My m+ team only cares about the drop so i never pushed more then 10; because of that i basically spend most of the dungeon time in cat form.

Hello there!

As a hc raider who likes running m+ (nothing too fancy here, our group generally finishes a 5+ every week) i really like to stack crit as well. My stats currently are: crit 29.09%, haste 15.9%, mastery 15.69 and versatility 7.28%. I'd definitly like to change come crit to haste (to get to approx 20%). But the crit really does get my dmg going (especially on trash packs that don't live too long.

my rotation before a trash pull: Pre cenarion ward, lifebloom, 1 rejuv on the tank. Start aplying some moonfires to the outer targets. When they gather around the tank: sunfire. Then i switch to cat form and swipe 3 times. At this point i'm out of energy so i switch back into normal form and heal whoever needs healing.
    If noone needs any heals i just put moonfire on any targets that don't have it yet and if they will live for another 10 secs. Re-apply sunfire if nececary and then go back to cat and swipe again. If nobody needs healing and if all targets are double dotted i generally just refresh sunfire and cast 1, maybe 2 wrath's before going back in cat form to swipe.
    Against really though targets (or if there are only 2, maybe even 3 targets available) i'd like to throw in some rake's as well..

What do you guys do with your combo points? In my (meager) experience i have found that rip is rarely usefull (except perhaps on bosses) so i generally spend it on ferocious bite.
    However: is the bite worth it's cost in energy compared to swipe? Usually when there are 3 or more targets still alive, i just swipe away regardless of combo points.

Cheerio!

Huller

Mastery is as good as you can maintain HOTs. My last mythic+ run I had 2.9 HOT count on average (3.53 on tank) at which point Mastery is better than Intellect (for healing).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huller View Post
    What do you guys do with your combo points? In my (meager) experience i have found that rip is rarely usefull (except perhaps on bosses) so i generally spend it on ferocious bite.
    I think the general rule is to spend it on Rip if the target will live long enough for the full duration so mainly on boss fights like you said. As for with trash I think it's probably worth using FB on the highest priority target.