Eye of Command - Kara trinket for ret?

Hi all

I got the 865 version of Eye of Command from the last boss in kara last night and wonder if anyone have done some calculations with this trinket?
    Before this I had a 845 Faulty Countermeasure and 840 Hunger of the pack.

Thank you in advance

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    I would love to know this as well, I've got an 850 FCM and an 865 hunger of the pack. Wondering what sort of eye level of Eye of Command would be an increase.

As Retri our autoattacks are slower than dualwielding specs, so I would guess no.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Depends how long the target lives for and if you're going to be switching much. I.E On normal/heroic Ursoc which is almost a Patchwerk fight the Eye craps all over Hunger as (at the same ilevel) as once stacked it's the same STR and more than double the Crit, however in a 5man where targets dies before it's even stacked then Hunger will dump all over Eye. Obviously mileage for scenarios in between will vary.

Personally I would use both Hunger and Eye, switching depending on the fight/content I am doing.

I thinki it ranks now as the 3rd (or 4th) best trinket for ret and would def be an upgrade over Hunger of the Pack.

This might help you:

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svetyac View Post
    This might help you:
    That shows HoV in like 7th place. I thought HoV was second only to FCM for first trinket? :S

Like the advice was: get FCM or failing that get HoV and use them Crusade, then get a stat/proc trink for the other slot.

EoC is fantastic for any long, single target fight, so how good it is really depends on how much your guild allows you to stay on the boss. For example, it's BiS on Xavius if your guild allows melee tunnelig the boss. If they require you to run around and deal with adds, it's not.

I haven't found the exact uptime required though, so I'm not sure about fights like Nythendra, Dragons and Elerethe. It could very well be BiS there as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Svetyac View Post
    I thinki it ranks now as the 3rd (or 4th) best trinket for ret and would def be an upgrade over Hunger of the Pack.

This might help you:
    835 FCM and 860 Etting Fingernail simmed higher for me than any combination with 865 EoC.

Quote Originally Posted by Suizid View Post
    835 FCM and 860 Etting Fingernail simmed higher for me than any combination with 865 EoC.
    Thing with this is, people should sim trinkets with their gear and not trust a sim on what trinket wins. Depending on people's equipped gear stats may differ. I've seen sims where even Ursoc's trinket outsims EoC just because of the flat STR boost you get.

All in all, FCM is more or less baseline for Retris and the 2nd trinket requires simming, but EoC, Ettin, UA are all good choices.

EoC need 10 autos to be fully stacked, thats 36 sec which is a lot. Its prolly not the best trinket for Il'gynoth or Dragons but can work for other bosses in EN raid.
    In M+ you will never gonna get full stacks on trash.

Overall I am not a fan of trinkets with stacking effect.

Deleted
    Give it a go.