Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The only hard boss in the instance is maybe moroes? Last boss is rather easy. Just avoid the damage and dispel the shit.

He was BY FAR the easiest boss in there, followed by Shade of Medhivh.
    Those two where easy one-shots, followed by us being amazed afterwards.
    Seeing as the other where tuned quite a bit higher, and we wiped once or twice.

Deleted
    srsly?

we oneshot the boss and were all disappointed how faceroll he was

Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    best way to deal with the orbs in phase 2 and three is just to stack under the boss when they come out; they don't damage people within 10m or so of the debuffed player, so you can totally avoid all the orbs this way

you still need to pay attention to his disintegrate facing, but you need to pay attention to that anyway
    Is that true? That makes the fight far easier than I had first realized.
    Quote Originally Posted by gibborim
    Just because you are doing it wrong without large scale failure does not mean you are doing it right.

Stagger orb dispels. As a warlock I handled my own dispels, tank saved all CDs for that phase and we blew lust and burned the hell out of him. Took a couple of attempts but wasn't that tough. You do want at least one of the crazy AoE DPS classes though because the felguards will melt like butter and then you can react to the mechanics effortlessly.

My group was all around 850-860, so it's totally doable with the appropriate ilvl.

Save all CDs, 2nd pot, and lust for p3.

It was pretty easy with a 865+ group after people learned not to face check the laser.

We eventually had to call it on him. Had been going for around 5 hours (lol). Some stupid wipes on trash, 1 wipe on Maiden, 2 on Moroes (a ninja pull with most of the trash still alive, then I, the healer, got mana drained), 1 on Attumen (trash was still alive), about 3 wipes on Curator (positioning for magic on the ground was poor, but we sorted it out, eventually), 1 on Medivh (fuck you guys, k?), about......6-10 wipes on Mana Devourer before we figured it out (last attempt was perfect), and then onto the watcher.....at least 10+ wipes, it was silly o'clock in the morning and I eventually had to leave. The orbs was what done us. We kept making it to P3, but then the orbs just wasted us. I wonder if that stacking strategy actually works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

I really don't get why groups have trouble with this boss.

Quote Originally Posted by shyguybman View Post
    I really don't get why groups have trouble with this boss.
    Part of the problem is the debuff is bugged sometimes. Our group had half a dozen tries where an orb immediately exploded on the person who had the debuff despite the fact that they weren't moving when the orbs appeared. When that happens it's all but guaranteed death.
    Last edited by shats; 2016-10-30 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Spelling

We 4manned the latter half of kara and we got him down to 8% on first pull, then wiped a bunch before killing him. Mostly my fault since I sucked so hard at noticing whenever he was about to beam me.

For the stacking strategy mentioned, be aware that during P3 you'll be taking 5x more damage from the untargetable/untauntable spitters flying overhead. They constantly hit everyone with a 6y aoe blast in P3 (unavoidable, not the large circle aoe barrage you can move from). Probably fine to heal through with high ilvl, may be more tricky at lower?
    Last edited by Soli; 2016-10-31 at 02:41 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    After wiping 6 times we just cheezed it with 2 healers. Might not be the clean option, but it sure as hell worked great.
    Might've had something to do with it being 1.30am on a wednesday night and everyone had to work next day and wanted to go to bed..

Quote Originally Posted by Chiquihuite View Post
    I suspect that the difficulty of bosses in Kara is very group comp sensitive. That's probably why there's such a huge difference between peoples' experiences. We have a heavy melee group and almost everything was really easy, but Curator was a pain and Vizaduum just crushed us on P3 =/
    this is what my group found

melee heavy group comp was painful
    <insert witty signature here>

Wiped like 15 times on him last night before the group broke up. We too kept getting demolished by the orbs in p2 and p3.

How the fuck are you supposed to position these, on the tiny platforms? Seems like no matter where you stand, it's going to be a huge nuisance.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bling View Post
    How the hell did you guys finish phase 3 on this guy. I went in there with a group of around 865 players who have all cleared heroic EN and doing mythic raiding and we blew through the instance taking out every boss with no more than 1 or 2 wipes to learn them and moved on. Then we got to the last boss we spent over 3 hours on him easily wiping 30+ times. Phase 1 and 2 were fine but phase 3 was insta death in seconds everytime. We tried everything even had the ret pally go holy to help the priest and the phase 3 damage could not be healed through with 2 healers. Both characters were cranking out 400K hps and nothing. Finally people had to go back to real life after pulling an all nighter and we called it without downing him.

Any tips?
    You should try putting up 3 beacons on the last bosses platform. That way you can have people run to each their corner when they get the debuff. It is important that the tank have a CD up at nearly all times when he is tanking both the boss and the adds, since the dmg is pretty huge. Be aware, that the debuff the mobs give the tank can be quite powerfull if stacked to high.

Other then that, it is really all about nuking him down. If you are still having problems with surviving, then there is either a bug going on or your tank is doing something wrong. Maybe look at damage taken next time and see if there is a problem with either boss dmg or mob dmg.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.