10+ Year Old Account

Mythic + AP Rewards

So I've been thinking a bit about this lately since I started farming Archway M+ for my Chrono Shard. I just find it strange that the AP rewards are based on just the M+ level of the dungeon. For example the required time to complete Maw of Souls is 24 minutes meanwhile its 45 for Archway, yet the AP rewards are exactly the same. Am I the only one that thinks the AP should also be based on the base length of the dungeon so there is more of a balance from a AP farming perspective? Currently if you're not looking for gear there isn't much of an incentive doing the longer dungeons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sillistrar View Post
    Also, I love your short-temper. Did you know that people like you are the most fun to mess with? Not that I'm doing it. Yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazoric View Post
    Interception...
    Is that a like a charge within a charge? :P

It's a fair point. Ordinarily, longer dungeons are balanced by having more bosses which therefore drop more loot, but with the M+ chest system, that's been lost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePants999 View Post
    It's a fair point. Ordinarily, longer dungeons are balanced by having more bosses which therefore drop more loot, but with the M+ chest system, that's been lost.
    I mean even in normal mythic you have a bigger chance of getting more AP because of more bosses.
    Also, I love your short-temper. Did you know that people like you are the most fun to mess with? Not that I'm doing it. Yet.
    Interception...

There's not really an issue if normal mythic compares to mythic+ because mythic+ is spammable
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    There's not really an issue if normal mythic compares to mythic+ because mythic+ is spammable
    Except that there is absolutely no incentive to spam any longer m+ dungeons for AP.
    Interception...

Quote Originally Posted by arioc View Post
    Except that there is absolutely no incentive to spam any longer m+ dungeons for AP.
    It's not really spamming if you don't even do 10 in a week. What do you do after you've done your mythic0's for the week?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    It's not really spamming if you don't even do 10 in a week. What do you do after you've done your mythic0's for the week?
    Man I havent done normal mythics in 3 weeks, but I dont see what your point is. Longer heroic dungeons reward more AP and possibly more loot, longer normal mythics reward more AP and possibly more loot. Longer m+ has the same rewards across the board.
    Interception...

Be careful, before they nerf AP drop from Maw and CoS

I really don't see the point of this train of thought. A dungeon is a dungeon. It's like why asking why a short dungeon in cata didnt award 100 valor and a long one 120?