Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'd change #4 with "do emissary quests". WQ gear isn't useful if you're not going to play that alt in the near future, but emissary cache can drop legendaries which are always useful.

At the moment I'm at 4x110 (one main, 3 alts). I only log them every 2/3 days for emissary quests and to complete the suramar questline whenever I can. Missions/AK is done via Legion App, that thing is an immense timesaver for altoholics

Your new alts are going to be starved in Order Resources. The most efficient way is to just buy some OR caches with Blood of Sargeras on your main and mail them to your newly leveled alts until you can afford the 4th order hall trait (100 resources per WQ) or until you get a bodyguard with Elixir of Plenty
    After you have the 4th class hall trait you can go on other WQ. My priority is relic > AP > other gear (I have no problem dumping half a million gold in obliterum if I'm planning on gearing that alt, hence AP over gear).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Pretty much what I have been doing. The app also has the Artifact Research option on too so there's no excuse for not being able to do this (outside of running out of Order Resources /lazy)
    Still no excuse with Blood Vendor now

Quote Originally Posted by JonBeMerkin View Post
    Waiting 3 weeks to efficiently play an alt is not an acceptable solution to the problem.
    why do you think you have to wait? Literally nothing stops you from playing (apart from yourself ofc)

Quote Originally Posted by JonBeMerkin View Post
    Waiting 3 weeks to efficiently play an alt is not an acceptable solution to the problem.
    Yet waiting for a .2 or .3 patch to add catch-up mechanics was, apparently, in past expansions.

So level an alt to play then not play it so at some future date you can play it?

Brilliant, OP

I have 12 characters I intend to take through Legion and I've only leveled four to max so far because I'm largely doing WQs each time something interesting shows up on each character. I'm gonna have to double-down on leveling the other eight first so I can do that. But first I wanna get my tailor through the questline so I can unlock the Forge and give each of my fresh 110s a shoulder piece and gloves ranked up to ilevel 855 with enchants...

7+ Year Old Account
    How I solved my alt problem:

Only level 1 toon to 110.

Wait for Blizz to regain their senses.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

15+ Year Old Account
    But real talk, has the 1st level of AK for alts at this point not gone below 2 days? I just leveled my mage to 110, and got 2d23hrs on my research for level 1. I'm not trying to complain per se, but I was a little disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    it was never the intent of the designers to allow players to have 12 fully geared, equipped and equal on the power level characters as your main.
    WHY?

What the fucking goal behind "not allowing to play" in a game?

Or if you can't answer that, answer another: WHAT PROBLEM does that limit solves?
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    WHY?

What the fucking goal behind "not allowing to play" in a game?

Or if you can't answer that, answer another: WHAT PROBLEM does that limit solves?
    How are you not 'allowed to play' exactly?

Your decision on what you want to focus on matters more now than it has in the past. That's all there is to it.

I hated leveling this expansion, ill probably wait for flight

15+ Year Old Account
    FYI: guild resources bought with Blood of Sargeras is BoA.

I just dinged 110 on my 9th character. I raid with my main for this expansion and do some world quests, dungeons, etc with alts from time to time. I have 3 at 840-855 range, 4 more in the 830s with only 2 having just made it in last few days so they're poorly geared. Artifact knowledge is 10 on 3, and 5-9 range on 4 more of them. I'm not too worried about having every alt rocking AK 10+, because as others have stated they are ALTs. I play them for fun and when I get tired of my main from time to time. But in no way, shape or form do I expect them to be on par with my main. That's why he's my main and they're not.... Its not to hard to chill and not expect them to be on par and still have fun with them and then as the expansion progresses they start to catch up more and more.

So the solution to playing alts is having a bunch of garbage cans where you can depending on class maybe even do suramar elite wqs at some point somewhat comfortably. Sounds great would read again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    The point of alts are just that. They are ALTS. They are not meant to be on equal footing with a main character.
    The only thing you have ever said that I am actually in agreement with. This is the reason I have a main, and 1 alt. My alt is close to equal footing with my main, but I am not sad about it.