Thread: CoS ring

Deleted

CoS ring

So i got the Melandrus ring (10 % more damage on auto-attacks) 860 ilvl. Is it any good for frost dk`s, my other rings are Sephuz`s secret and a 870 mastery-crit one.

LE : Yeah sorry i forgot to say , im frost. Thanks for the reply.
    Last edited by mmocaac9ab7be5; 2016-10-29 at 11:11 AM.

Deleted
    For Unholy the 10% autoattack damage is worth more than a socket on single target, and a socket is worth about 20-25 ilvl of dps stats on a ring. Frost gets more of it's damage from autoattacks, so it should be even stronger for Frost. For aoe fights it's not as strong obviously.

Deleted
    Should i keep it on for example in M+`s for trash packs ? If i put on the mastery one i get around 40 % mastery (and for trash using Frostcythe might be better).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by paraalso View Post
    For Unholy the 10% autoattack damage is worth more than a socket on single target, and a socket is worth about 20-25 ilvl of dps stats on a ring. Frost gets more of it's damage from autoattacks, so it should be even stronger for Frost. For aoe fights it's not as strong obviously.
    I simmed it vs my 860 Band of Twisted Bark with a socket, the auto attack ring was 6k less DPS

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    I simmed it vs my 860 Band of Twisted Bark with a socket, the auto attack ring was 6k less DPS
    Are you are comparing a low ilvl Melandrus with your 860 Twisted Bark, using one of the aoe settings for Simcraft, or comparing to a ring with a 200 strength gem? A socket isn't even worth 6k dps on single target, unless you are getting 40dps per point of your best stat. Besides, Twisted Bark has Crit/Mastery compared to Melandrus' crit/haste, so it already doesn't give you a good view of the value of the 10% autoattack damage.

I don't have the bracers or Unholy Frenzy, and I'm typically simming about 330k single target damage of which over 5% is white damage. 10% of 5% autoattack damage is about 1650 dps. For that to be worse than a socket, you'd need the stat weight for your best stat to be over 11. For me my best stat is about 9dps per point, so a socket is worth about 1350dps.

In practice the 10% autoattack and a socket are closer in value, because of multitarget fights and spending time away from melee range of the main target. A socket will be more valuable in fights with multiple targets in particular.