Deleted

off topic import/export and finding a buyer

Total shot in the dark but what the heck:

I am considering importing high quality goods, specifically organic original strain olive oil and argan oil - into the UK and potentially Europe.

Anyone able to throw me a bone as to how I can go about determining market price at wholesale for said oils and where I can start looking for potential buyers.

I'm not looking for advice on certification of food safety standard requirements - just how to determine a competitive price for my products.

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you talking supermarket levels of import or local deli/restaurant? Presumably the latter, if so then Google them, some will likely have wholesale prices online.

If that is a dead end, then ring rival suppliers and pretend you are starting a small deli to see what they sell at. If they want to meet, then ask to visit them, but try to do everything over the phone/email if possible (set up a separate email account for this).

If you want to know what rate your competition is selling at, then the best people to ask are your competitors, your rivals want to sell their products so it isn't going to be too hard to blag it so long as you keep it simple.

They might also give you pricing structures that a retailer may not know, e.g. 10 bottles@£1.50, 50 bottles@£1.45, 100 bottles@£1.40, additionally you can pick up little tips from seeing how they do business.

Ask retailers what they buy at, some will be forthcoming if they think you can provide a better deal, some won't.

Talk to everyone that you can, don't be afraid to spin a bit of bullshit to people you won't be buying from/selling to, but avoid bullshitting potential partners.