Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    It's painful to see that even without pvp gear and seperate pvp ability templates they STILL can't balance pvp in this game.

I am not sure if it's just the nature of this game (MMO-RPG) or because they simply don't have capable people for it though.
    I'm starting to wonder the same. It might be just my impression, but it seems to be the worst it has ever been.

Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    I wanted to play Destro lock in Legion. When I saw how gutted chaos bolt was in legion beta, I opted to play a different class. Once focused chaos was announced, I was excited to play my lock again.

Now, (not so much in this thread) people are bitching about locks hitting too hard. How much damage do people think chaos bolt is supposed to do? If you let any caster free cast, it probably won't end well for you. Just like if you let a melee (any melee not named warrior) sit on a teammate, with no peels, they will do insane damage. There should be some sort of penalty for either ignoring a destro chaos bolt turret, or not managing CDs/interrupts/cc properly to mitigate the destro's output. Hell, I have smart players frustrate me with line of sight too.

I feel like people struggling vs destro locks will eventually adapt and do better. It's an immobile spec when all the eggs are in the chaos bolt basket. Before the buff, you could let a lock free cast all their shads with chaos bolt, and it still wouldn't dent your health bar. Without FC, chaos bolt is depressing to use.
    its not the chaos bolt dmg, i am fine with it hitting hard...but the cast time is an issue. before it was 3 sec cast time, ya its fair if u are nub enough to let lock free cast 3 sec and do nothing, u should eat big dmg CB. However, issue now that CB are instant, also lock have aura mastery, destro have spell reflect. I faced destro/ww/rshammy team around 2250 or so, and my dk teammate got globaled from 100% to 0% in a stun, cuz Destro got off 2 CB with 2nd being instant, each crited for over a mil. This is unbalanced those type of dmg abilities being instant and cant be kicked.

1v1 destro is fine... but when your team is cross cc'd with stuns/etc and trinkets are down to stop their opening cross cc, you're fucked. tbh, i don't mind the damage, it's that instant snare bullshit and the non kickable CD that use lol

Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    I remember when Holinka stated Legion wasn't gonna be bursty at all...poor thing, maybe he really believed that.
    if he did he was the only person that believes him.

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    its not the chaos bolt dmg, i am fine with it hitting hard...but the cast time is an issue. before it was 3 sec cast time, ya its fair if u are nub enough to let lock free cast 3 sec and do nothing, u should eat big dmg CB. However, issue now that CB are instant, also lock have aura mastery, destro have spell reflect. I faced destro/ww/rshammy team around 2250 or so, and my dk teammate got globaled from 100% to 0% in a stun, cuz Destro got off 2 CB with 2nd being instant, each crited for over a mil. This is unbalanced those type of dmg abilities being instant and cant be kicked.
    I get what you're saying. However I'm not sure what the "instant" chaos bolt is. Are you referring to the artifact portal?
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    I get what you're saying. However I'm not sure what the "instant" chaos bolt is. Are you referring to the artifact portal?
    Correct me if i wrong, since i dont play lock, but i noticed that some how, either due to your stacks or special cd, after you cast 1st CB, 2nd one comes out instant. Can you actually explain this one to me plz, is this a cd, stacks you build up, proc, or artifact and whats cool down on it? I would greatly appreciate

Deleted
    yea indeed, i dont fucking get it, they seperate pvp and pve, still the game is more unbalanced than mop s1... what the fuck are they doing?

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyJester View Post
    The burst/damage is insane. Healing is quite strong as well, meaning most of the match you're either at 100% or 0% health.

I've played enough games to realize it's not any single class' fault. Yes, some classes are definitely worse than others, but we can't fix this problem just by fixing the strongest/weakest classes. The primary abilities need to be nerfed across the board as well.
    Healing has been this good since basically cata, but the healer powercreep of being able to top people in a cast started slowly in wrath. It is the exact reason why so many classes now have stupidly high burst and pvp is about who can basically 1-3 global who inside a stun. While I cannot exactly explain why blizzard went this way with pvp healing, I can guess it was to make more people feel like healing mattered and was actually super good. Thus meaning more people would want to heal since back in Wrath and even BC, I fondly remember their almost never seeing a healer in general let alone pvp. I'd play 20 WSG's a day and maybe see 1 healer, which was usually a hpal or resto druid since they were the hardest in most players eyes to kill in random pvp. This change also has destroyed the random bg scene and made it nothing but a premade fest or who has the best heals wins. Period.

I know alot disagree with me (especially healer players) but healers need toned back so dps can be toned back. The fact is that you should have to catch up on healing, you should rely on your teammates to help and peel for you, and no you shouldn't be able to survive a dps beating on you unless you have CDS. While I do not think it should be a quick kill, I think a gradual fall behind until the healer dies is totally fair and would force people to peel for their healer if they want to win.
    Last edited by lolskillzz; 2016-10-31 at 12:15 AM.

From a personal PoV (Mistweaver), I can survive 1 v 1 with almost any class (sometimes if they're sloppy I can actually get a kill woo!) except for Assassin rogues... the burst they can throw out is just... beyond that of which any other class seems to be able to do to me.

Every expansion the devs keep coming out with statements that healing is going to be more triage, slower incoming damage and heals however this one, pvp and mythic+ is just a burst fest. Blarg.

Deleted
    i dont so much mind healers having strong heals, i just wish mana was more important to them, its annoying seeing them throwing out these massive heals all the time, and then still sitting at 80% mana

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i dont so much mind healers having strong heals, i just wish mana was more important to them, its annoying seeing them throwing out these massive heals all the time, and then still sitting at 80% mana
    Agreed, but if they had to heal more thanks to healing being reduced, then they would have to also watch mana alot more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lolskillzz View Post
    Agreed, but if they had to heal more thanks to healing being reduced, then they would have to also watch mana alot more.
    yeah thats also true, and i'd be happy with both.

though if they reduce healing numbers they'd have to reduce damage numbers as wel.

imo both healing and damage should be reduced, and bigger heals should be a lot more mana intensive, but maybe give healers more way to regen mana in combat, like the old monk mana tea

Quote Originally Posted by Straamibuu View Post
    From a personal PoV (Mistweaver), I can survive 1 v 1 with almost any class (sometimes if they're sloppy I can actually get a kill woo!) except for Assassin rogues... the burst they can throw out is just... beyond that of which any other class seems to be able to do to me.

Every expansion the devs keep coming out with statements that healing is going to be more triage, slower incoming damage and heals however this one, pvp and mythic+ is just a burst fest. Blarg.
    what comp are you running ? if 2s, just team up with Rets, they hard counter AssR. If you are running 3s, dep on your comp, your team can do following 2 things when rogue hard swaps you : 1) go hard Ehealer if u run melee clv forcing rogue to peel his healer 2) kite rogue LOS from his healer and try kill him in a stun, rog's lost 10-20% hp? (not sure exact number) in last template fix in 7.1

Sneg it was just a comment on incoming damage more than anything else, I personally find that 'sin rogues manage to output far more damage on to me than other dps classes, and I've yet to survive one in a 1v1 situation in the wild... Whereas other classes, even other rogue specs I can escape.

I see comments calling for a healing decrease but currently if I healed for less, I wouldn't be able to keep people alive v the huge burst available.
    Last edited by Straamibuu; 2016-10-31 at 12:45 AM.

yeah thats also true, and i'd be happy with both.

though if they reduce healing numbers they'd have to reduce damage numbers as wel.

imo both healing and damage should be reduced, and bigger heals should be a lot more mana intensive, but maybe give healers more way to regen mana in combat, like the old monk mana tea
    If you read my first post in the thread, I said that. Reduce healing then tone damage down. The reason we have this damage is thanks to the healing.

10+ Year Old Account
    As an affliction warlock I'd say pvp is perfectly fine.

Quote Originally Posted by lolskillzz View Post
    If you read my first post in the thread, I said that. Reduce healing then tone damage down. The reason we have this damage is thanks to the healing.
    I'd be happy with that, if healing was actually more triage than all this crazy spike damage/heals

I play and watch arenas a lot.

Besides holy paladin, i think youre are wrong.

Could you give me one example besides holy paladin that doesnt go 50% mana or dies before 3 minutes/?

Quote Originally Posted by Straamibuu View Post
    Sneg it was just a comment on incoming damage more than anything else, I personally find that 'sin rogues manage to output far more damage on to me than other dps classes, and I've yet to survive one in a 1v1 situation in the wild... Whereas other classes, even other rogue specs I can escape.

I see comments calling for a healing decrease but currently if I healed for less, I wouldn't be able to keep people alive v the huge burst available.
    Ah ic =) mb.

i dont think healing is an issue per say either, but insane burst is an issue, not just Destro but FDK, WW and others. Healing wise, some healers maybe need to go OOM a bit faster? not all just several whose mana management in a very good state compared to other healers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Healing is okay I think, burst on some classes is just too much. Right now, it looks like frost DK/arms is tearing up the ladder.
    Wait hold on a minute, WHAT? Arms?!?! Mate you need to wake up, arms are actually REALLY weak, esp with the latest hamstring nerf.