Horde DPS hell - Arms warrior.

Hi, greetings from the north (Norway).

Now, back in the day i used to play fury warrior. Realizing that my dps was way too low, i decided to switch to arms after some tips from my fellow friends. Here i am today, item lvl 856, frustrated that i dont do enough dps. After doing the emerald nightmare, over and over and over again, my dps is still about the same. I dont really understand what i am doing wrong.

After seeing so many guides on "how to play arms warrior properly", rotation, and so on, i got lost. So im taking my chance here, hoping that someone can help me understand what i am doing wrong. I found out that i should be able to do 270 000k + dps with current gear and talents. Well... not doing that well,

Stats from my previous emerald nightmare run (normal), im housemdd and since im new to the forum the link is split:
    www . warcraftlogs . com /reports/J8XQjhgTdzPRGKb6#source=14

Thank you.

The site tells me what im doing wrong and how i should fix it?? or is it similar to askmrrobot . com?

first of all : wrong spec. read the guides again. On your ursoc fight u could probably do 50-70 k dps more only by taking the right talents. U are using a pvp spec (overpower opportunity strikes shockwave). As a general tip: in pve, u are not fighting melee cleave 3vs3 teams. Check for pve talents at any guide, or check any high ranked warrior for the cookie cutter spec.

Try to use the pve spec when doing pve. there are plenty of guides / advise given in threads here, or at icyveins.

I feel like it doesnt tell much else than the report that i linked in my Thread post, so im still abit lost. Thanks though!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    first of all : wrong spec. read the guides again. On your ursoc fight u could probably do 50-70 k dps more only by taking the right talents. U are using a pvp spec (overpower opportunity strikes shockwave). As a general tip: in pve, u are not fighting melee cleave 3vs3 teams. Check for pve talents at any guide, or check any high ranked warrior for the cookie cutter spec.

Try to use the pve spec when doing pve. there are plenty of guides / advise given in threads here, or at icyveins.
    Okey, thanks dude! Any more tips?? Still, according to Askmrrobot it tells me i should be able to do 270 k dps with what i currently have.
    Last edited by DonDraper; 2016-10-29 at 12:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You probably should take a look at this: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...GcgMlir0Y/edit
    It pretty much has all the information you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Drianaa View Post
    You probably should take a look at this:
    It pretty much has all the information you need.
    Man, ive been trying. The focused rage stuff is something i dont quite master. Now i do 40k less dps than i usually do...im so confused :/

15+ Year Old Account
    That is what target dummy's are for: To master your rotation into memory. Thats how you get better at things, is by doing them. Often times repetitively. This of course, comes after choosing the correct specc for pve Arms as mentioned above, and utilizing the correct stat priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Bethrezen View Post
    That is what target dummy's are for: To master your rotation into memory. Thats how you get better at things, is by doing them. Often times repetitively. This of course, comes after choosing the correct specc for pve Arms as mentioned above, and utilizing the correct stat priority.
    Yeah, thats what ive been doing the past day. Its incredible that im supposed to do 270k dps with current gear, stat and talent and yet i barely reach 200k....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DonDraper View Post
    Man, ive been trying. The focused rage stuff is something i dont quite master. Now i do 40k less dps than i usually do...im so confused :/
    It's quite simple, really. Since the last FR nerf you basically press it to prevent ragecapping and when spamming away while Battle Cry is active.
    Additionally every time you press CS, you want to weave in ONE FR stack.

TL;DR: Spam FR in BC, press FR once for every CS reset/application, or press it to prevent ragecapping (which shouldn't happen without the legendary gloves).

To me it seems that you have no idea what are you supposed to do with your spec or rotation, if i look at your logs it basically looks like you press what ever is available or just randomly. First of all, like others already stated, change your spec, overpower spec can work in mythic plusses but thats basically it. It falls behind in raids, the difference is pretty big. If you feel like that you really can't get used to FR spec then what i suggest you to do is get yourself an addon aka rotation addon, which will show you the "spell" order, practice a bit with it, you will be able to learn your rotation that way aswell, ofc if you want to maximise things and so on then your rotation can be situational. And btw, don't look at the numbers you are supposed to do, just do your own thing but try to keep it right on the paper, again, learn the rotation. The addon i suggest is called "SlamAndAwe" . Drop the overpower build and practice FR (Focus Rage) build, it can look plain and boring but you get better results with it. If you need more help then feel free to message me or ask here.
    Gl and cheers.