Maybe it's time to quit.

Tody is the day I might quit WoW.

Not because of the lack of content.
    Not because the content is too easy.
    Not because of the community.
    Not because of my guild or friends.
    Not because of the monthly fee.
    Not because of "Real life".

The one and only reason is the random fuckfest this game has become.
    You can literally do nothing without having a RNG involved.

From raiding and group content even down to pet collecting or hidden artifact appearances, this game offers almost nothing that is CERTAIN anymore.
    I'm absolutely fine with something being gated behind work/time, but not this shit.

The nether dragons from BC are a good example of what I'd like to see, if you did the dailies you were rewared with that mount. Some players had it sooner, some later. But everybody who wanted to get one had the opportunity to get it.

Now compare this to today's WoW:
    Player A plays everyday for four weeks, does his quests (of which the dragon would drop, in this case) for the nether dragon and did not get a single drop.
    Player B does one quest, and gets the dragon with no effort at all.

RNG infested areas of the game:
    • Professions: Recipes for Cooking, 3-Star-Recipes, and even some materials
    • Raids: There is no real BiS-List anymore, that Item with crap stats you would never wear might surpass the items WITH best stats, because of the titanforged system.
    • Raids: The item you just gave to a member via Masterloot because it's BiS for him will be disenchanted 1 hour later because the player got a better titanforged item through bonusroll. => Purposeful gearing of your raidmembers is a lot more annoying.
    • Dungeons: The same as raids. In m+ you can't be anywere near to being certain to get a specific item beause the chests will drop ANYTHING the dungeon has to offer.
    • PvP: You get a guaranteed 840 item which can be 895 titanforged but you can't even choose the item. This might not be that much of an issue for Only-PvP-Players but if you do both and want to equip certain slots, have fun getting 5 rings, 3 bracers and 9 gloves instead of the boots you really need.
    • Hidden Skins: The ony hidden skin I could aquire currently as a warrior is the one for prot which is a random event in a cave no one sane would ever visit again after finishing the quests there. Having to log in 'n' out 100-500 times to trigger the event is nowhere near to fun. With 7.1 Blizzard even "nerfed" this and put it on a daily lockout. Hats off for anyone who got this before the patch, now you can only check once a day.
    • Pets: The new Falcosaur pets should spawn when killing the matriach. Spoiler: They don't. At least not always. Took me 11 kills to get the first one and 5 to get the second one while a guildie got it after 1 kill.
    • Orderhall Missions: I got a fully optimised orderhall with every follower at 850 and at least as "rare" but I've never seen a raid mission since the start of Legion. Others have had two of them already.
    • Legendaries: You can get one right now or maybe in 200 days independant from effort put into or time spent in WoW. Those fucking items can boost your character with an enormous amount of dps/hps... you also might get a legendary that does not work on raid bosses! You will see Twinks dropping a BiS Legendary from their first ever Emissary Quest instantly after hitting 110 and start to question why you even care anymore. This system is absolute bullshit and needs to be fixed asap.

I rerolled for my guild to fill another role and did everything Blizzard said that might drop Legendaries. Since my reroll I did every LFR available, did all 10 Mythic dungeons and did them at least once again in m+ (mostly level 2-5 keys tho'), did every Emissary Quest plus at least 15 more WQ a day, did the daily hc dungeon, did every raid id, did PvP.
    Saw a guild mate drop his BiS Legendary with his Twink yesterday (as mentioned above, with the first Emissary Quest done ever on this character)...
    ...and finally, today I got my first legendary. For a short moment of time I was really happy, then I realised how atrociously bad this piece of crap is. The only reason I'm wearing it right now is the itemlevel and it having about 40 more haste than my previus item that was 850! Gear from the upcoming raid on normal difficulty might be better than my legendary because haste, mastery and versatility are better than strength for my character right now.
    I simmed my char and an upgrade from 850 to 895 resulted in a ridiculous increase of ~2300 dps and this is maybe only because of the haste and mastery alone.

While discussing my issue via guild chat I got arguable rather angry, because people told me to be happy for having a legendary at least, not understanding that there are Legendaries that might boost my character with more than 20.000 dps. It was a heated argument. And then, one of the loudest voices against me, one of the players that were raging because I got a Legendary and "had the guts to say how crap it is", dropped his BiS Legendary boosting his char with unimaginalbe amount.
    I quit the game, I just could not stand it anymore to see him boasting in the chats.

Am I jealous? Sure I am, after all that work I put into the game, I fucking am.

This got me thinking, do I really want to put time and effort into a game which, in my opinion, does not reward time and effort being put into it anymore.
    After all, it's a hobby, and I want my hobbies to be enjoyable. In the current state of the game I'm enjoying it less and less everyday.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP's post resonates with quite strongly - it's not something I would quit the game over but I really would like some more deterministic rewards (that isn't AP - which is only fully deterministic in real amounts from M+ chests).

A healthy mix between deterministic rewards and RNG rewards is healthy imo - right now we have too much of the latter, I think some way to focus certain drops or reforge dropped items into other ones (with significant effort required, not just a 2 hour quest chain or something) would be nice.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Deleted
    im 860 and i got 0 loot from normal or heroic raids only killed 1 boss

I like your points, but why all this exaggerated drama? I would post this without the stupid "I QUIT" shit on the official forums, quite good critics.

Deleted
    In 12 years of WoW i never understood why the hell people that want to quit need to tell everybody in some random forum that they are going to quit and why... Really, barely no one cares...

I don't really blame you, but yes, you really should quit. What you want isn't necessarily better, or better for the game. It just sounds to me like you want some grindy game without RNG.. but thats not necessarily this one. I'm sure looking online would give you what you want.

Ignoring the edgy ranting, RNG is stupid in this game.
    I come from EQ where sure camping j-boots could take a while you knew you'd get them someday.
    Its very boring doing stuff and randomly getting crap.

Blizz specifically keeps saying the war/titanforged system is to make people happy and excited to get gear randomly. Frankly it has made me care zero fuck about gear. I only play coz my friends are fun but the game itself is boring as hell.

7+ Year Old Account
    if you wanted to quit you wouldnt open this thread

srsly tho, if you want to quit then go and do it.

Formerly known as Arafal

It's always interesting to see the quit threads during every expansion and how different they are.

• BC - "Too Grindy"
    • Wrath - "Welfare Epics"
    • Cata - "LFR ruined the game"
    • MoP - "Lol pandas"
    • WoD - "No content"
    • Legion - "Too RNG"

10+ Year Old Account
    Not only is all of this covered in other threads, but "I Quit" threads aren't allowed here. If you decide to leave WoW, it's not an important thing that needs to be discussed on forums. It's your own decision and we can't really have a discussion out of it.