Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    If they ditch Wanderer's Minuet/Gauss Barrel, that would single-handedly save those classes for me. If I wanted to play a turret-caster, I'd play a Black Mage. As-is, looks like I'll be maining NIN/RDM in Stormblood.

edit: Not to disparage BM. I have fun with BM, but I always understood and embraced that the BRD tradeoff was a little less direct damage per skill for sustained damage via autoshot and more mobility in boss fights. Wanderer's Minuet just kinda flies in the face of that design.
    Mm. I think it was a mistake to suddenly force BRD/MCH to switch from being very mobile to having to stand still to dish out the most damage. As you said, BLM already exists for that style of combat. I'm hoping RDM is a bit more fluid - though ultimately it won't matter for me since I'll likely be sticking with SAM as I've wanted a DPS sword class since launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    With this video out, most of my concerns with BRD seem to have been addressed (with Wanderer's Minuet being redesigned as a 30s buff rather than a static stance, letting it be used more akin to a cooldown like the Ninja Mudo/Ninjutsu combos with Minuet-specific skills rather than turning BRD into a turret-caster). So I'm happy. I'm still probably going to main RM, though, just because I've wanted Red Mages since I joined the game (adore that class).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    This revamp is amazing. I expected a lot less.

BLM sounds actually playable now, very much to my annoyance because I don't know which job to play first.
    BLMs have always been pretty much OP whenever they managed to keep up with their rotation. Tripple swiftcast is some serious fucking burn.

I guess I'll let some BLM-Mains beta test the gameplay for me, while I start with my trusty Dragoon. God bless the ability to level every class with one character

I have to admit though, I don't understand the BLM "weakaura" at all. Some things are rather clear, others are completely enigmatic to me as to what they present.
    It seems like they get a free - purple - AoE every 25 seconds or so?
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-05-23 at 05:34 AM.

If you manage to keep up enochian for a certain period of time, you get to use the "purple" spell (marked by the purple gem).

Homophobia is so gay.

Alright so I have to say a few things:

1) I WIN. CS got changed quite dramatically. It also appears B4B and IR are gone too (more I win statements ). That said I still think this new iteration of CS is too boring as a flat damage increasing cooldown. Should definitely be more impactful and have it actually change something in your gameplay.
    2) The new Job Gauges are downright GORGEOUS. HUGE props to them on this (hopefully they build in game content that explains these gauges to new players).
    3) 3 months ago I'd say RDM is nothing special and SAM is gonna be insane. Today, I'm like oh SAM another generic Melee DPS, but holy shit RDM looked BEAUTIFUL.
    4) That PLD shield move looks like Limit Break quality. The question I have is will they actually design content where it's useful and important to actually use? I hope so. It also looks like PLD got Lightning Stab from FFT or something. COLOR ME INTRIGUED FAMILY. I always said PLD should have these abilties and now my dreams come true.

Not going to lie, got me pumped. It almost sounds like Yoshi reads me posts and agrees too

Congratulations on winning the CS battle

I agree on the job gauges, particularly since they seem to be independently sized and placed. As for the PLD it is a 15% damage reduction at the moment so it should be nice , but not overpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    1) I WIN. CS got changed quite dramatically. It also appears B4B and IR are gone too (more I win statements ). That said I still think this new iteration of CS is too boring as a flat damage increasing cooldown. Should definitely be more impactful and have it actually change something in your gameplay.
    It did get moved to the role abilities list, so it's now optional. So it might not get used in group content if there are more important abilities above it. Whether that makes it more of a candidate to be impactful, is an open question. I think leaving it as a simple damage cooldown is a good idea for now, and we'll see how things shake out.

2) The new Job Gauges are downright GORGEOUS. HUGE props to them on this (hopefully they build in game content that explains these gauges to new players).
    3) 3 months ago I'd say RDM is nothing special and SAM is gonna be insane. Today, I'm like oh SAM another generic Melee DPS, but holy shit RDM looked BEAUTIFUL.
    4) That PLD shield move looks like Limit Break quality. The question I have is will they actually design content where it's useful and important to actually use? I hope so. It also looks like PLD got Lightning Stab from FFT or something. COLOR ME INTRIGUED FAMILY. I always said PLD should have these abilties and now my dreams come true.

Not going to lie, got me pumped. It almost sounds like Yoshi reads me posts and agrees too
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme..._translations/

The lightning stab is probably Requiescat. Royal Authority is now used after Riot Blade, so I could definitely see some kind of : Store MP -> Requiescat -> Spam Holy Spirit -> Royal Authority Combo to regain MP -> restart.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post

The lightning stab is probably Requiescat. Royal Authority is now used after Riot Blade, so I could definitely see some kind of : Store MP -> Requiescat -> Spam Holy Spirit -> Royal Authority Combo to regain MP -> restart.
    Makes sense, seeing that Requiescat followed the Fast > Riot > RA combo (which is something I suggested in one of the threads here months ago, wooo!)

- - - Updated - - -

Don't forget...block will now work against magic damage, so that new super shield wall (I haven't looked to see what the name is slated to be officially) could stand to be super useful.

Here I am, having run the HW benchmark a couple months ago (prior to the SB one being released), thinking "wth, dude blocked a fireball with Sheltron...where's that at?". Only took them 2 more years.

Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    It did get moved to the role abilities list, so it's now optional. So it might not get used in group content if there are more important abilities above it. Whether that makes it more of a candidate to be impactful, is an open question. I think leaving it as a simple damage cooldown is a good idea for now, and we'll see how things shake out.
    When I say more impactful I meant like it does more than just a flat damage increase. Maybe make it so DPS spells cost no MP for the duration. Maybe have their cast times reduced by 50% while active (thus a powerful, but MP intensive cooldown). What if for each spell cast while CS was active you gain that many seconds of MP regen, or boosted healing, or reduced cast speed, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post

Seems like a nifty touch. Either way I'm pumped for Lightning Stab.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Makes sense, seeing that Requiescat followed the Fast > Riot > RA combo (which is something I suggested in one of the threads here months ago, wooo!)
    Indeed I do remember this being discussed. I will give credit where credit is due!

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    With this video out, most of my concerns with BRD seem to have been addressed (with Wanderer's Minuet being redesigned as a 30s buff rather than a static stance, letting it be used more akin to a cooldown like the Ninja Mudo/Ninjutsu combos with Minuet-specific skills rather than turning BRD into a turret-caster). So I'm happy. I'm still probably going to main RM, though, just because I've wanted Red Mages since I joined the game (adore that class).
    The one reason I've been sorta okay with WM as it has been was that it meant I ultimately had some mechanic based decision making beyond the priority rotation part that impacted how I played the class - choosing to use Feint or turn off WM briefly or stutter-step - versus pre-WM where it was pretty much the priority rotation and moving out of stuff...

These changes look to take that one aspect of it - that there's a mechanics based decision for the Bard to make - and appear to embrace it while not hindering the mobility (which I was still pretty damn mobile, just not as mobile) that the job type is traditionally known for...

And makes the songs that Bards are also known for a seemingly critical part of that mechanic.

If these mechanics work like I think they're going to work, I will be over the moon as a Bard.

I'm also surprisingly pumped for Samurai - I like flashy stuff generally, but I'm very much a fan of the "cleaner" style they have going, as it really let's the blade work and movements stand out as a visual element of the job. Tough to tell how the mechanics of the rotation will feel to play (there's information floating around based on translations of tooltips and what was said in the LL, seems to suggest it will focus on branching combos like Ninja to build toward a powerful finishing move like Warrior and have a bunch of off-gcd burst that uses resources gained via the gcd attacks like Dark Knight) so I don't know yet if I'll enjoy playing it...

But I definitely like what I'm seeing.

When I say more impactful I meant like it does more than just a flat damage increase. Maybe make it so DPS spells cost no MP for the duration. Maybe have their cast times reduced by 50% while active (thus a powerful, but MP intensive cooldown). What if for each spell cast while CS was active you gain that many seconds of MP regen, or boosted healing, or reduced cast speed, etc.
    Right. I'm just saying that it's better to take it one step at a time. A flat damage cd is simple and easy to predict. The MND change is fairly big on its own. Let's see how that change shakes out first, and then maybe look at making CS more impactful in 4.1.

Don't know yet how it will play, but the show the redmage put on was one of the most gorgeous things I have seen in a modern MMO. If they can put new life into the game like they're trying to do with combat, I think FFXIV will be just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    Right. I'm just saying that it's better to take it one step at a time. A flat damage cd is simple and easy to predict. The MND change is fairly big on its own. Let's see how that change shakes out first, and then maybe look at making CS more impactful in 4.1.
    Fair enough.

I was pumped for Stormblood before, but seeing the video made me impatiently excited over it. I literally squee'd when I saw the Red Mage and Summoner parts, with others having my eyes gaping and mouth hanging open. New class skills all look amazing and the Job Gauges are fantastic.

It's going to be very difficult for me to choose a main but if the game play feels as fun as it looks on Red Mage I think I may turn in my Summoners horn and book for a dapper hat and rapier...at least for a while. It's happened twice now where I get something else to cap first and inevitably return to Summoner and make that my best geared/ most played class.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I was pumped for Stormblood before, but seeing the video made me impatiently excited over it. I literally squee'd when I saw the Red Mage and Summoner parts, with others having my eyes gaping and mouth hanging open. New class skills all look amazing and the Job Gauges are fantastic.

It's going to be very difficult for me to choose a main but if the game play feels as fun as it looks on Red Mage I think I may turn in my Summoners horn and book for a dapper hat and rapier...at least for a while. It's happened twice now where I get something else to cap first and inevitably return to Summoner and make that my best geared/ most played class.
    I now understand why they wanted to wait so long before introducing all these changes; had I seen this a couple of months ago, I would've been like "well damn, I'm just gonna chill until Stormblood is out" and unsubbed...lol.

I now understand why they wanted to wait so long before introducing all these changes; had I seen this a couple of months ago, I would've been like "well damn, I'm just gonna chill until Stormblood is out" and unsubbed...lol.
    I finished my Summoner Lux Anima on my main and haven't touched it since, maybe 2 weeks ago. I created a new character on a separate server and am replaying to experience the story since I haven't seen most of it in over 2 years and don't remember a lot of it. I'm enjoying it a lot since I can skip most side quests which kind of sidetracked me the first time around (not skipping the ones that open up content like dyeing gear, materia, dungeon unlocks, chocobo companion, etc...) and can focus on the MSQ. PotD makes leveling your "sub classes" and during the gaps in the MSQ way easy, quick and painless (mostly) so it's been a really refreshing and fun thing for me since I can easily watch the cutscenes and stuff and then jump in knowing the mechanics for everything. The only thing I am not really liking, but it's a minor gripe is that I'm leveling as Summoner since I know the class so well and it's easy to solo with, but since it's a DPS the queue times on the required MSQ dungeons are a little long and can put a little damper on my progress or stop me short on days where I have limited playtime and therefore can't wait the 10+ minutes before getting into a dungeon that might take an additional 30+.

Really looking forward to finishing ARR and re-experiencing the Hildibrand quests because the earlier quest for that were amazing and literally had me laughing out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I finished my Summoner Lux Anima on my main and haven't touched it since, maybe 2 weeks ago. I created a new character on a separate server and am replaying to experience the story since I haven't seen most of it in over 2 years and don't remember a lot of it. I'm enjoying it a lot since I can skip most side quests which kind of sidetracked me the first time around (not skipping the ones that open up content like dyeing gear, materia, dungeon unlocks, chocobo companion, etc...) and can focus on the MSQ. PotD makes leveling your "sub classes" and during the gaps in the MSQ way easy, quick and painless (mostly) so it's been a really refreshing and fun thing for me since I can easily watch the cutscenes and stuff and then jump in knowing the mechanics for everything. The only thing I am not really liking, but it's a minor gripe is that I'm leveling as Summoner since I know the class so well and it's easy to solo with, but since it's a DPS the queue times on the required MSQ dungeons are a little long and can put a little damper on my progress or stop me short on days where I have limited playtime and therefore can't wait the 10+ minutes before getting into a dungeon that might take an additional 30+.

Really looking forward to finishing ARR and re-experiencing the Hildibrand quests because the earlier quest for that were amazing and literally had me laughing out loud.
    I've made alts whenever Aether/Balmung would be unavailable (but other servers/datacenters were still up), and within 5-10 minutes of logging in, I start realizing all the stuff I'm missing (namely gatherers/crafters) and I pretty much nope out.

To each their own, though! You are enjoying the experience again, and that's all that matters, really.

Also compounding the idea of having an alt: Can't have one here on Balmung for the foreseeable future...not that I really need an alt on the same server (I'm not THAT into gathering/crafting). The idea of having an alt on either Primal or Chaos is almost intriguing at times.

I've made alts whenever Aether/Balmung would be unavailable (but other servers/datacenters were still up), and within 5-10 minutes of logging in, I start realizing all the stuff I'm missing (namely gatherers/crafters) and I pretty much nope out.

To each their own, though! You are enjoying the experience again, and that's all that matters, really.

Also compounding the idea of having an alt: Can't have one here on Balmung for the foreseeable future...not that I really need an alt on the same server (I'm not THAT into gathering/crafting). The idea of having an alt on either Primal or Chaos is almost intriguing at times.
    I have the basic sub so can only have 1 character per realm so any alts I have need to be on a different server. I'm only doing this to experience the story, as it was originally only intended to see the story of the different city states that I didn't experience before, so I'm only even touching 3 classes at all (Arcanist, Thaumaturge and Archer...and THM and ARC just for the cross class skills) since I don't need anything else to get through the MSQ. I'm not treating this as anything other than a story whore, so to speak, as once I'm done with the MSQ I likely won't ever touch this character again.

I quitted 2 month ago but would like for someone to summ up for me if the new changes make classes less button bloaty or not? I know some mechanics have been simplified like Enochian.

Greatly appreciate everyone who would have time to make quick summary of classes (even one or two sentences) because im not familiar with any class really... (Played Ninja and as soon as i unlocked Machinist i switched - hated ninja since it get 3rd mudra). This was my only reason to quit this marvelous game and im awaiting the combat revamp update to see if something changed in regards of classes having stupid amount of buttons to press.