Are MM Legendaries too weak??

Looking on logs and talking with my friends some say their legendary increase their dmg by 40k~ (10%) or even more,
    look at this log for example:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=17
    11.6% of the rogue's dmg is from his Legendary ring.

In Azor's guide MM's best legendary increase ST by 8k, is that really that weak? or am I missing something?

really don't think things like the trueshot boots can be accurately simmed because it varies greatly with quick shot traits + relics

plus trueshot boots are going to be incredibly good once tier releases (unless they rework tier bonuses)

All of the Hunter Legendaries have a niche to them. Your example of the Rogue ring is pretty moot, since it's just a passive free damage with no extra effort that is tuned for ST damage increase(and a bit too much imo. 11% damage increase for no effort? Blizz pls).

War belt
    Works really well when there are multiple targets, it increases Aimed Shot damage by a crap ton after each Sidewinders.

Ullr's
    These boots just heavily situational. If you get 1 extra Trueshot during the fight, great, if not, then they are just 895 iLvl boots. And during progress you are usually going to save your Trueshot anyway for certain damage phases(eg. Cenarius double sister). These boots will start to shine a lot more once people have their tier sets, which further reduce CD of Trueshots. Someone did some math with Ullr's + 4pc + 3/3 Trueshot CD reduction, your avg Trueshot CD is roughly 55-60 seconds.

Zevrim's
    1 out of 6.5 Marked Shots(on average) give an extra marked shot. Marked shot deals roughly 20% more dmg than Aimed Shot while costing 40% less focus. It really isn't huge on ST, but for Multi-target when it procs, sweet jesus your DPS skyrockets.

Blasting Cap
    Only trash DPS Legendary, does pretty shit damage all things considered, DPS loss on ST.

Also things to note, the reason Zevrim sims so low is because the sims replace a ring on the standard profile. Rings don't have many stats on them, so going from 860(or whatever the profiles use for default iLvl) to 895 on a ring slot is not that huge. Where going from 860 to 895 on a head slot(like on Shadow Hunter's head, Heal on Feign Death) gives you a massive boost to stats(mostly the Agi) which makes it better than Zevrim on ST.
    Last edited by Tehterokkar; 2016-10-29 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    All of the Hunter Legendaries have a niche to them. Your example of the Rogue ring is pretty moot, since it's just a passive free damage with no extra effort that is tuned for ST damage increase(and a bit too much imo. 11% damage increase for no effort? Blizz pls).

War belt
    Works really well when there are multiple targets, it increases Aimed Shot damage by a crap ton after each Sidewinders.

Ullr's
    These boots just heavily situational. If you get 1 extra Trueshot during the fight, great, if not, then they are just 895 iLvl boots. And during progress you are usually going to save your Trueshot anyway for certain damage phases(eg. Cenarius double sister). These boots will start to shine a lot more once people have their tier sets, which further reduce CD of Trueshots. Someone did some math with Ullr's + 4pc + 3/3 Trueshot CD reduction, your avg Trueshot CD is roughly 55-60 seconds.
    I see your point, but with Ullrs, you dont really "need" to save the CD, as it will be far shorter anyway. Im pretty sure you can average at 5,5-6 damaging shots per 10 seconds, shaving a good minute off of 2.5 min CD without relics or tier, making it 1.5 min CD, the fight would literally need to be between 2.5 and 3 min long (or short) for you to not get an extra trueshot or require you to keep CDs for burst phases in the same interval of 2.5-3 min, in which case, you could get like relic or two for 8 seconds or so each to make it half the CD of the original and completely negate any issues you might have with using it on CD

Deleted
    Boots are insanely strong. I haven't looked at anyone elses sims but mine have them being very OP and that is reflected in live parses.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post

Zevrim's
    1 out of 6.5 Marked Shots(on average) give an extra marked shot. Marked shot deals roughly 20% more dmg than Aimed Shot while costing 40% less focus. It really isn't huge on ST, but for Multi-target when it procs, sweet jesus your DPS skyrockets.
    Am I correct in assuming once the ring procs, it procs for all marked targets instead of calculating 15% proc chance for each marked target seperately?

Quote Originally Posted by Zurlie View Post
    Am I correct in assuming once the ring procs, it procs for all marked targets instead of calculating 15% proc chance for each marked target seperately?
    It's per cast. And it doesn't really proc, it just doesn't consume the marking targets(on all targets). Also it can chain off itself endlessly(assuming you get lucky).

just means you aren't reliant on RNG loot bullshit to be competitive as much as compared to other classes/specs.

it is a good thing.

just rng procs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrol View Post
    just means you aren't reliant on RNG loot bullshit to be competitive as much as compared to other classes/specs.

it is a good thing.
    It would be a good thing if blizz would balance accordingly. That would mean our base dmg without legendaries has to be higher than that of other classes which get a huge buff with the right legendary. but this is not the case.

If they do any balancing at all it is probably done without legendaries. And the legs are just a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Beoren View Post
    Looking on logs and talking with my friends some say their legendary increase their dmg by 40k~ (10%) or even more,
    look at this log for example:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=17

In Azor's guide MM's best legendary increase ST by 8k, is that really that weak? or am I missing something?

I think Ullr's will become a lot better once we can get a hold of the set items from Nighthold.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    I see your point, but with Ullrs, you dont really "need" to save the CD, as it will be far shorter anyway. Im pretty sure you can average at 5,5-6 damaging shots per 10 seconds, shaving a good minute off of 2.5 min CD without relics or tier, making it 1.5 min CD, the fight would literally need to be between 2.5 and 3 min long (or short) for you to not get an extra trueshot or require you to keep CDs for burst phases in the same interval of 2.5-3 min, in which case, you could get like relic or two for 8 seconds or so each to make it half the CD of the original and completely negate any issues you might have with using it on CD
    Not every hunter ability is counted as a "shot" for Ullr's purposes. With a standard sidewinders build, you have two abilities that proc it - aimed shot and marked shot. The reduction isn't as large as you expect it to be, but its still substantial. I've had my shoes for 4 weeks now and with 3/3 TS reduction from artifact, my TS cooldown is about 10 seconds less than my blood fury cooldown - so roughly 1 minute and 50 seconds. This goes up if I don't TS during lust, but only goes up to about 2 minutes, so the shoes provide 30-40 second reduction in cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Beoren View Post
    Just FYI - ring has been hotfixed - and is now about 5-7% of dps depending on spec and potential add cleave. Still pretty high in damage for mythic + mostly due to trash packs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    Not every hunter ability is counted as a "shot" for Ullr's purposes. With a standard sidewinders build, you have two abilities that proc it - aimed shot and marked shot. The reduction isn't as large as you expect it to be, but its still substantial. I've had my shoes for 4 weeks now and with 3/3 TS reduction from artifact, my TS cooldown is about 10 seconds less than my blood fury cooldown - so roughly 1 minute and 50 seconds. This goes up if I don't TS during lust, but only goes up to about 2 minutes, so the shoes provide 30-40 second reduction in cooldown.
    hm, interesting, not that strong then, also not that intuitive tooltip

I think it's just a bug/oversight, because arcane and multi shot both do work for the reduction.